• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

Are there any side quests that are actually missable as the story progresses? (like due to the NPC moving location or whatever, ie. Hammerlock/Claptrap in Southern Shelf with the quest where you turn in Bullymong Fur to one of them)

If there are, I might as well do them in PT2 rather than skipping
None. If you decide to do the Southern Shelf quests later, you just have to go to Clappy or Hammerlock in Sanctuary to turn them in.

There is a case where a quest-giver dies later on in the story, but it's inconsequential since the quest was posted on the bulletin board in Sanctuary and gets turned in there regardless of whether the original quest-giver is alive or not.

Ark

AIsy2.jpg

Found this on the Gearbox forums, haha.

jsrv

About the Compl33tionist challenge
How many optional objectives can be done per playthrough excluding the creature dome DLC's? One of my characters only has 45/100 after 1 playthrough so I may have fucked that up permanently

None. If you decide to do the Southern Shelf quests later, you just have to go to Clappy or Hammerlock in Sanctuary to turn them in.

There is a case where a quest-giver dies later on in the story, but it's inconsequential since the quest was posted on the bulletin board in Sanctuary and gets turned in there regardless of whether the original quest-giver is alive or not.

Thanks! One less thing to worry about. I'm guessing the side missions that you accept outside like that echo recorder with pierce in southern shelf stays in place too

Insaniac

okay why do my anarchy stacks disappear if I empty my clip and then reload out of combat? thats kinda lame, now I have to walk around with half a clip and I can't press X to open any ammo chests, lest I accidentally reload.

Kind of hope the same. Would be nice if they let us know today considering it comes out tomorrow.

I dunno, if they don't raise the level cap, I won't be nearly as interested in playing the DLC simply for the fact that all the EXP from playing / quests will be completely wasted :\

About the Compl33tionist challenge
How many optional objectives can be done per playthrough excluding the creature dome DLC's? One of my characters only has 45/100 after 1 playthrough so I may have fucked that up permanently

Thanks! One less thing to worry about. I'm guessing the side missions that you accept outside like that echo recorder with pierce in southern shelf stays in place too

If future DLC has quests with optional objectives, you should be fine

W Hudson

okay why do my anarchy stacks disappear if I empty my clip and then reload out of combat? thats kinda lame, now I have to walk around with half a clip and I can't press X to open any ammo chests, lest I accidentally reload.

Certainly annoying, but if you happen to accidentally reload you can cancel it by swapping weapons quickly. That move has saved me from dumping tons of anarchy since starting my Mechromancer

Okay so like anarchy stacks + Sniper rifle = OMGwut!?

I'm currently level 13 and atm I have 214 stacks. Using a 124 damage rifle, I'm currently headshot critting for 2800-3100 LOLWUT?! I'm like one shotting EVERYTHING. This is soooooo gooooood. Fuck close range combat, I'm at the point I can just shoot the enemies in the chest and they fall.

BEST.CLASS.EEEEEVVVAAAAAA!

Tangent: You forget to not manually reload, screen prompts you to reload...you accidentally reload

fuuuuu

Edit: Also is there some trick to getting the high five claptrap achievement? I hit the prompt to give him a high five and he just jumps up and down with his hands in the air...and I can't interact with him.

I just beat the game and started TVHM, I'm aware that I should save some optional missions until after I beat the game. If I join someone elses game and they accept these quests, will that screw me over too?

Ourobolus

Banned
Tempted to give up on getting a Conference Call, whats the next best thing?

I've been using a quad shotgun (~7700x18, 65% acc, 4 ammo per shot) to do most of my damage since I've yet to see a CC drop for the past week. It does the job, just not as well as a CC. Warrior still goes down in like 6 shots.

W Hudson

I'm currently level 13 and atm I have 214 stacks. Using a 124 damage rifle, I'm currently headshot critting for 2800-3100 LOLWUT?! I'm like one shotting EVERYTHING. This is soooooo gooooood. Fuck close range combat, I'm at the point I can just shoot the enemies in the chest and they fall.

How bad does the accuracy diminish at that level? I've been rocking a Jacobs shotgun and just point-blank shooting everyone for huge damage, cause I was worried that the accuracy loss would really screw up any attempt at sniping.

Type2

So im pretty sure my borderlands 2 progress is lost, at least badass ranks, golden keys and character customizations. I cant get the game to boot past the 2K logo and in order to play the game at all Ill have to mod some files =/ Anyone else here experienced that issue before?

How bad does the accuracy diminish at that level? I've been rocking a Jacobs shotgun and just point-blank shooting everyone for huge damage, cause I was worried that the accuracy loss would really screw up any attempt at sniping.

My accuracy didn't really start becoming an issue until around 210ish. But for the most part I've noticed that if I aim the reticle leftish of my target's head/crit area...I'll still score a critical hit. Also keep in mind my gun accuracy is + 7.6% from the badass tokens.

Just got done doing the rescue Roland quest, it took 4 shots...4 SHOTS to kill the bot holding Roland, and 2 shots to kill the badass that gets send down afterward. To be fair, I was at an angle in which the constructor bot didn't spawn enemies...or do anything at all it just sat there. Then when the mobs came in I sent out Deathtrap and the rest was utter cake.

Gaige is sooooog good.

Ourobolus

Banned
Keep forgetting about that small difficulty spike when you hit the Tundra Express. Stupid Mutated Badass Varkid was wrecking my Gaige and Deathtrap. Ah well, gained a couple levels and all is well.

So GAF: Best sniper rifle in the game, and where does it drop?

In terms of raw damage you'd probably best be served hunting down a purple Jakobs sniper with a Tum Tum prefix. Those all have a + 180% Crit damage bonus. If you think you can survive without a scope then the Bison from the Demon Hunter side quest has ridiculously high crit damage modifier of like x10.

HoosTrax

So GAF: Best sniper rifle in the game, and where does it drop?
Because of this, I usually prefer elemental snipers, which means non-Jakobs, although Mordecai's Trespasser sniper rifle does have its uses, since it can bypass shields. The annoying sway effect found on all Hyperion weapons is even more annoying on their snipers, so I avoid them.

I like Dahl, Maliwan, and Vladov purple (non-eTech) snipers for different reasons.

Does anyone know where the pistol unkempt harold drops? I loved that shit through playthrough 1 and I wish I could find one I could use since I'm about to finish TVHM

Maaseru

Banned
Re-posting to see if I get any help/tips:

Had to put this sweet game aside.

I wasdoing the good the bad and the mordecai mission and all of the sudden the game just craps out. I mean I can't use vehicles because they sink into the ground and kill me. I have to go all out on foot, but after a while this terrible slow down comes on and the games fps dips all the way down making it unplayable to the point it freezes for some time when changing weapons, opening the menu. Last time I tried, I pressed back for the menu and it just froze there.

I'm playing on PC, everything was running smooth in the game until that point. I did an update that same day. I don't think its my hardware since I moved on to Dishonored and it plays wonderfully. I also downloaded the oct10 Nvida drivers before and after this and it's still the same way.

Any clues what it is or what can I do?

Inskipp

I finally got Vermivorous to spawn in caustic caverns with my friend. We fled to the little shed near the infected warehouse once the badasses took over. Took about 20 minutes and he morphed just as we were about to give up. Took us another 10 mins to kill it. What did we get?

2 purple- drops. No heads, no legendary mods, nothing. Felt very anti-climatic.

If anyone has a legendary soldier mod they dont use/need, I''d be happy to have it. Got some oranges if trading is required.

1stStrike

Banned
I just got my first orange at lvl 27 - it's an SMG. No elemental damage on it, but it's still pretty nice for my level. It has +20% weapon reload speed, +50% melee damage and the explode like a grenade perk on it - so the insanely fast reload coupled with the extra damage from the explosion is pretty handy.

Plus, I just unlocked "Shock and AAAGGGGHHH!" so I do AOE electrical damage every time I reload.

I have to say, mechromancer just feels more and more OP as I level up. It may be that way with other classes too, but there's been fights where I've summoned Deathclap and literally just walked around looting the whole time while he killed the entire enemy wave single handedly. Since I unlocked the perk that boosts his time out by 5 seconds whenever an enemy is killed, he can pretty much solo fights now (except for ones where he's up against larger enemies that do a lot of burst damage).

I can only imagine how OP I'll be once I get another 10+ levels under my belt.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm watching the destructoid walkthrough video of the DLC and I'm bored to death... I think they released it too quickly.

I have over 120h played in the game since release and right when I had enough and planning on taking a break to play other games like Dishonered and XCom they go and release the DLC... Sorry but I'm burned out. I'm sure I'll play it at some point in the future but right now I just lost all interest. The marketing strategy is just way too agressive.

addyb

Hi all, zer0 player here. I mainly picked him as he seemed a bit different and didn't really pay attention to his secondary or skill trees. I just wanted something different then having a turret gun like on BL.

That being said I'm around lvl 24 now and barely used my deception. I'm honestly not 100% how it works.

Wallach

Hi all, zer0 player here. I mainly picked him as he seemed a bit different and didn't really pay attention to his secondary or skill trees. I just wanted something different then having a turret gun like on BL.

That being said I'm around lvl 24 now and barely used my deception. I'm honestly not 100% how it works.

It's pretty simple. When you hit the skill, Zer0 will toss out a holographic clone of himself directly in front. Once you see that happen and the red timer appears, enemies cannot see you - they only see the clone. The timer at the bottom is how long you are able to remain in stealth, and the longer you remain stealth, the more damage your next attack does. If you don't perform an attack before the timer is up, you will come out of stealth and lose the damage bonus on your next attack.

tatsuki

+1 on Volcano for everything but loaders. For loaders, give me something corrosive or a plain high-powered Jachobs.
I still need to find a good corrosive sniper >.< I'm going through my inventory right now and it's nothing but flame snipers. Perhaps I'll try the Dust suggestion a few posts above and see what I can get.

Tangent: You forget to not manually reload, screen prompts you to reload...you accidentally reload

fuuuuu

Edit: Also is there some trick to getting the high five claptrap achievement? I hit the prompt to give him a high five and he just jumps up and down with his hands in the air...and I can't interact with him.

That used to bother me until I got the skill that stops you from losing your anarchy if you accidentally reload early. Just reload again and the stacks stop dropping.

addyb

It's pretty simple. When you hit the skill, Zer0 will toss out a holographic clone of himself directly in front. Once you see that happen and the red timer appears, enemies cannot see you - they only see the clone. The timer at the bottom is how long you are able to remain in stealth, and the longer you remain stealth, the more damage your next attack does. If you don't perform an attack before the timer is up, you will come out of stealth and lose the damage bonus on your next attack.

So attack as in normal gun or should I be running in performing a melee? When you say longer in stealth do you mean if I attack closer to the time running out I'm more powerful?

Apologies for Noob questions.

Wallach

So attack as in normal gun or should I be running in performing a melee? When you say longer in stealth do you mean if I attack closer to the time running out I'm more powerful?

Apologies for Noob questions.

Either a gun or melee attack can be boosted; a melee attack will be boosted by up to +650%, while a gun attack will be boosted by up to +250% damage as well as +250% critical damage. Grenades receive no bonus, but I don't believe throwing a grenade will force you out of stealth either.

As for your second question, yes; the closer you are to the end of the timer (the "explosion" looking bit at the end of the timer graphic), the more bonus damage you receive on the attack coming out of stealth.

To effectively use Decepti0n, you have three ways:

1) Long range: Using sniper rifles and skills from the Sniper skill tree. Activate Decepti0n, line up critical shot, and shoot just before the timer runs out.

2) Close range with melee: Using melee boosting gear and skills from the Bloodshed skill tree. Activate Decepti0n, get behind enemy, melee just before timer runs out.

3) Close range with shotguns: Using shotguns and some skills from the Sniper skill tree. Activate Decepti0n, get behind enemy, aim at critical spot, shoot just before timer runs out.

Of course, these don't take account game-changers.

addyb

Either a gun or melee attack can be boosted; a melee attack will be boosted by up to +650%, while a gun attack will be boosted by up to +250% damage as well as +250% critical damage. Grenades receive no bonus, but I don't believe throwing a grenade will force you out of stealth either.

As for your second question, yes; the closer you are to the end of the timer (the "explosion" looking bit at the end of the timer graphic), the more bonus damage you receive on the attack coming out of stealth.

Ok thanks for that, very informative mate :) I've been primarily melee up close when used it and concentrated on the most powerful enemy. I'll practice more with timing etc and see what results I get.

I'm more clear on how it works now anyway. Mine runs out after 5 secs. Is there anyway to increase this or can you just improve the cool down timing.

Wallach

Ok thanks for that, very informative mate :) I've been primarily melee up close when used it and concentrated on the most powerful enemy. I'll practice more with timing etc and see what results I get.

I'm more clear on how it works now anyway. Mine runs out after 5 secs. Is there anyway to increase this or can you just improve the cool down timing.

You can't make the stealth last any longer. Aside from the cool down timing though, there are different ways to improve Decepti0n in each skill tree that generally sync with the play style that tree improves.

Amzin

Re-posting to see if I get any help/tips:

Had to put this sweet game aside.

I wasdoing the good the bad and the mordecai mission and all of the sudden the game just craps out. I mean I can't use vehicles because they sink into the ground and kill me. I have to go all out on foot, but after a while this terrible slow down comes on and the games fps dips all the way down making it unplayable to the point it freezes for some time when changing weapons, opening the menu. Last time I tried, I pressed back for the menu and it just froze there.

I'm playing on PC, everything was running smooth in the game until that point. I did an update that same day. I don't think its my hardware since I moved on to Dishonored and it plays wonderfully. I also downloaded the oct10 Nvida drivers before and after this and it's still the same way.

Any clues what it is or what can I do?

My first recommendation would be to try cleaning out your Nvidia drivers and using the previous version, as new video card drivers seem to screw things up for people randomly a lot. If that doesn't work, play around with your video settings in BL2. Turning physX off, windowed/full screen, things like that, see if anything changes.

Edit:
So what range does deception have? Can I use it effectively to snipe from afar?

The bonus damage on deception applies to a single shot from any gun, so that part has no range (thus being able to snipe with it). The hologram clone you send out has a fairly close, mostly set range, so you usually throw it off to the side of yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom