• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nopren

I love being all up in the action with Gaige so I'm exclusively on the ordered chaos tree for the time being. Who needs accuracy with 250 stacks of Anarchy. And I must yet again stress that if you accidentally reload just change weapon before the reload animation finishes and you will not lose stacks.

Pirate DLC Quick Look going up on GB in like 12 hours, but Jeff said he doesn't like the Mechromancer in the latest ILM. :(

Jeff also always plays the warrior/fighter class in fantasy games the guy likes his rpg characters as straight forward as possible. Gaige is about as unorthodox as it get relative to the other four vault hunters.

Disclaimer: I think Jeff is an awesome dude.

galvatron

Get out nao!

I hope Gearbox continues making classes that are as involved as Gaige's ordered chaos tree.

Low on life? You can reload to heal yourself but you lose stacks of anarchy so it becomes a choice for the player..

In all fairness, if you're using the top of the BFF tree you can heal pretty well with no stack cost. She's pay to win, but I like exploring broken systems and she's full of them...

She reminds me of the siren from BL1 in that regard. Haven't tried the new ones yet, though.

LowParry

I find it difficult to settle on one set of talents with Gaige. It's just all that good. Though what seems to be the go to build that everyone's been using with her?

Chris R

Don't think I'll jump on the DLC on the 360... but if my friends get it I guess I'll have to :| Would really like to see more Classes as DLC though!

Wallach

Is Absorb evasion?

Meaning, do I take damage from the bullets I soak up?

I have been meaning to go test this, so I think I'll do that tonight. I believe the answer is yes, if it successfully procs you will avoid the damage.

Note that when you absorb shots, you gain ammo for the type of gun that was used to shoot you, not for the weapon you are holding.

Ark

Is Mechro's Anarchy system supposed to be a joke about people who must always be reloading.

Definitely. As someone who suffers from compulsive reload disorder, it's a tough tree to go down.

I'll likely switch out to Ordered Chaos when I can unlock Discord and the skill that gives 25 stacks for 1.

Is Mechro's Anarchy system supposed to be a joke about people who must always be reloading.

The trick for all the reload addicts is to get Jakobs with what would normally be a two shot capacity and then take smaller, lighter, faster the games rounds way up on the smaller magazine percentage and only give you one shot. It then becomes impossible to actually press the reload button with that weapon.

MrDaravon

Mechromancer seems really hit or miss depending on your personal playstyle. I know people who love her and hate her. Can't stand her skilltrees at all personally.

I love being all up in the action with Gaige so I'm exclusively on the ordered chaos tree for the time being. Who needs accuracy with 250 stacks of Anarchy. And I must yet again stress that if you accidentally reload just change weapon before the reload animation finishes and you will not lose stacks.

Why not just put one point into the ability that stops stacks from dropping?

Koeta

Personally I love the Mechro, I find it to be a fresh way to play, I used to spam reload every chance I had, but it's been a bit of a challenge to get used to her style and I'm lovin it.

I'm not having any issues not reloading anymore really, I take Discord just in case I mess up or the multiplayer game lags (used to cause the auto reload to cause stacks to reset when in online games, haven't seen this in a while though maybe they fixed it?)

also love the voice acting, just really feeling the class and I hope they have more DLC classes to come if they are anything like this one.

Koeta

oh yeah I forgot about death trap, I always forget I have him because I'm always too deep in the firefight trying to not get downed but be in the face of the enemy with my shotgun lol.

But he is super strong also.. almost too strong.

1stStrike

Banned
I'm at the end of the game with just a few sidequests left before the final boss. I'm highly tempted to just hold off on beating it so I can do the DLC since I really don't want to play through everything again right now >_>

I will say that the story in this one has shaped up much better than the last game. When
Jack appeared and shot Rollin then collared Lilith and was all like, "Sup" I smiled in glee. He's my new favorite bad guy.

Wunder

I'm at the end of the game with just a few sidequests left before the final boss. I'm highly tempted to just hold off on beating it so I can do the DLC since I really don't want to play through everything again right now >_>

I will say that the story in this one has shaped up much better than the last game. When
Jack appeared and shot Rollin then collared Lilith and was all like, "Sup" I smiled in glee. He's my new favorite bad guy.

I miss Rollin :(

Edgeward

Gearbox, change it so that you also auto-pickup Eridium beceause why the fuck isn't this already in? It's annoying when farming and not being to tell immediately which is rare or just plain eridium

Anilones

Pirate DLC Quick Look going up on GB in like 12 hours, but Jeff said he doesn't like the Mechromancer in the latest ILM. :(
The same Jeff who said that anyone who doesn't use Roland in BL1 "is playing it wrong"? I'd say anyone who played Roland was playing it wrong, and I'm loving Gaige.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom