• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
Thats just sad. Just add me on Steam and I'll give you a Critical Conference one.

Thanks again Empty.

Got myself a nice Tera class mod.

So are those class mods unique with only varying % stats on them or there's actually different sets of skills? Cause I got 3 for commando so far and they are all for the same skills.

Wallach

Thanks again Empty.

So are those class mods unique with only varying % stats on them or there's actually different sets of skills? Cause I got 3 for commando so far and they are all for the same skills.

The legendary ones always have the same skill bonuses, they just vary in the value of passive bonuses at the top.

abundant

Thanks again Empty.

The skill bonuses for the Terra mod are always the same. Not worth farming for.

Insaniac

all the CC and Bee farming makes me sad, why would you ruin the challenge of the game for yourself? :(

That being said, I got a Fire damage pitchfork off Terra, and its pretty entertaining to use against him. Rips through his tentacles and him pretty fast if I nail crit (120% crit bonus).

Anyways, tried beating Terra with my friend today without any luck, any legit tips on fighting him? Specifically when he uses his little blackhole attack. (NO Bee, NO camping in that rocky nook suggestions)

That still looks pretty close to the finished product, the Reveal Trailer almost looks like a different game. It also looks like Commandant Steele was the original playable Siren instead of Lilith.

Wow I never saw that before, thats pretty cool. I wouldn't have mind it look like that either.

The class skill achievements are weird. For Maya and Axton it's essentially press F 100 times, less for Axton. For Salvador and Zero, you have to have very specific builds, Rampage and Bloodshed respectively, before you can even attempt going for the achievements. You need at least a level level 20 Salvador and level 26 Zero. Weird design choice.

all the CC and Bee farming makes me sad, why would you ruin the challenge of the game for yourself? :(

Because it's fun? I mean by the time you're going for level 50 legendary weapons you've gone through the game twice and have likely already fought Terramorphous a number of times. Me and my buddies do rounds on various bosses and eventually end up fighting Terramorphous a couple of times because Terra will at least drop a lot of loot. Whether or not it's even worth picking up is another matter. Ridiculous builds with Legendaries is one way to keep the experience somewhat fresh.

HoosTrax

What "challenge"? The challenge of wasting half an hour or more killing him legit, when 100+ runs has made abundantly clear that his drop rate is minuscule? He's cheap difficult, not satisfying difficult.

What "challenge"? The challenge of wasting half an hour or more killing him legit, when 100+ runs has made abundantly clear that his drop rate is minuscule? He's cheap difficult, not satisfying difficult.

+1

if you're to level 50 and beaten the game twice, you've already earned everything you were supposed to earn the hard way.

CC and Bee is for farming bosses to get special weaps, and even then it can take dozens of hours (as evidenced by the therad) to get the orange weapons you want. now imagine how long that would take if you did the same fights without those kinds of weapons. You'd be farming for months, potentially. That may sound fun to you, but not to anyone else. I think my (life) time is worth more than that.

After you get the oranges you want, everyone is free to equip the normal shit they want and go to town. But for farming bosses, some weapons are simply designed to waste your time less.

El-Suave

Maybe a stupid question - I'm playing on PS3, finished the game this weekend and got myself to level 38 in TVHM. To get to level 50 quickly, it would be best to join a game with players of a much higher level. On BL1 you could do that, but here I only found the matchmaking, which puts me with players in my own league. So those Level 50 players would have to be friends or people you know?

abundant

Maybe a stupid question - I'm playing on PS3, finished the game this weekend and got myself to level 38 in TVHM. To get to level 50 quickly, it would be best to join a game with players of a much higher level. On BL1 you could do that, but here I only found the matchmaking, which puts me with players in my own league. So those Level 50 players would have to be friends or people you know?

Yes, to powerlevel, you will need friends. You can't use Matchmaking.

Wallach

I don't really think he's all that hard to kill "legit". As Axton it takes 4-10 minutes depending on your weapon choices. I won't mind doing it after the Bee nerf at all provided they fix his loot table. No idea what they were thinking with his drops, they are such shit.

FStop7

Banned
Gaige is pretty overpowered, huh?

I started a new game with her and tore through the first leg of quests up to Santcuary with ease. With Zero and Maya I died a few times fighting Boom Bewm and Flynt. With Gaige I killed them on the first attempt.

abundant

I don't really think he's all that hard to kill "legit". As Axton it takes 4-10 minutes depending on your weapon choices. I won't mind doing it after the Bee nerf at all provided they fix his loot table. No idea what they were thinking with his drops, they are such shit.

His point still stands. Why waste 4 - 10 minutes when you can beat him in 10 seconds. Over time, those minutes add up when you are farming him.

HoosTrax

There's definitely some things they need to rethink. I think the new Mann Up mode TF2 they added a while back did it right.

- you knew you were guaranteed a rare item if you made it to the end, but you also knew that there was a higher grade version of those rares (mainly vanity, but still) to provide additional incentive once you got your first rare

- the mode was hard and demanded good teamwork, but never felt cheap/cheesy in terms of the type of difficulty (none of this "tentacle swipe you from clear across the map and you can't dodge it" -- don't even get me started on Pyre BA Threshers and their fire nova)

Fun fact: Hitting tab to bring up the player inventory just before the Knuckledragger NIS plays out causes the game to hang on the white srceen transition.

Insaniac

His point still stands. Why waste 4 - 10 minutes when you can beat him in 10 seconds. Over time, those minutes add up when you are farming him.

for farming purposes, I can understand, but in terms of satisfaction, I was referring to playing the game normally, not killing bosses over and over. Like when the new DLC comes out, you can bet I'm not touching my Bee shield, there's just no fun in killing enemies so quickly that there is no challenge at all. I just feel like the Bee shield is inherently broken and ruins the game. (The CC is fine by itself)

Even then though, the difference the Bee sheild makes in farming bosses, cannot have been intentional, its just... WAY too easy

edit: Terras loot drop does suck hard. Crawmerax was much more satisfying because of the teamwork required to kill him and then he actually dropped a lot of loot making the effort worth it.

Wallach

- the mode was hard and demanded good teamwork, but never felt cheap/cheesy in terms of the type of difficulty (none of this "tentacle swipe you from clear across the map and you can't dodge it" -- don't even get me started on Pyre BA Threshers and their fire nova)

Now this is a good example of something that I think was "cheap difficult". Those things are fucking stupid, and I'd rather fight Terramorphous than one of those, with or without the Bee equipped.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

With multiple characters to raise up and a second playthrough that's all the same quests as the first I'm looking for Bees and CCs just to help lessen the repetitiveness. Having those around to make the game go quicker is going to extend the life of the game for me by a significant amount.

So I'm looking for a Legendary Siren mod if anybody happens to have one to trade. I've got a ton of stuff people might want. Screenshots of everything I have can be found here . I've got a lot of duplicates, but with various different stats. Some highlights are a Critical Conference Call, every element Norfleet, a Legendary Hunter mod, Siren Ninja Rose Skin, Red Letter Day Commando Skin, and G4l4h4d Assassin head.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Just got a Maggie and it would be awesome if all bosses were as quick to farm lol. Also guess I should try spawning Vermi sometime since that is the one thing I yet to do before the dlc hits.

Psy-Phi

Gaige is pretty overpowered, huh?

I started a new game with her and tore through the first leg of quests up to Santcuary with ease. With Zero and Maya I died a few times fighting Boom Bewm and Flynt. With Gaige I killed them on the first attempt.
I didn't die with Zer0, Axton or Maya my first times through until well into sanctuary quests. I don't think Gaige is any easier. Maybe you're just better prepared now?

redhot_

Man, most of the people that play online PSN are a fucking joke on this game. Apparently killing terra in a few hits is now a glitch because there is some infinite skill thing out now and im constantly getting booted from rooms if i say its not the CC im using... smh.

Double D

I just booted the game up and there is no option to continue. Only 'new game'. What the hell guys, please help me out here. I'm on pc.

Demy

anybody on 360 have a normal or shock CC they're willing to trade? I have these to offer:

All lvl 50
Mongol Rocket launcher
Slagg CC
Blood of Terra
Hide of Terra
Fashionable Volcano
Impaler
surgical pitchfork

GT: djblakblak

Still looking for a CC.

Ourobolus

Banned
Managed to solo Terra twice today without a CC. Tried farming one for days, no dice. Got me Slayer of Terra Siren/Gunzerker mods though! I have a Bee, but even with it there's a lot of running around trying not to get hit by Terra. Those rock throwing arms always come at the worst time.

Think I'll try the Geary run tomorrow. I wish I'd found more heads, still sitting at like 7-8 heads or something for Maya. ;_;

Managed to solo Terra twice today without a CC. Tried farming one for days, no dice. Got me Slayer of Terra Siren/Gunzerker mods though! I have a Bee, but even with it there's a lot of running around trying not to get hit by Terra. Those rock throwing arms always come at the worst time.

Think I'll try the Geary run tomorrow. I wish I'd found more heads, still sitting at like 7-8 heads or something for Maya. ;_;
Try farming Maggie. It shits on bosses almost as well as CC

Wallach

Can you farm Maggie if you sided with the Irish side? I only see the hodunks when I go back to that area.

No, you'll need to get one from someone else's game. On the plus side, a lot of people have that weapon for trade since both of them are very easy to farm. I wager if you get the Slagga (the Hodunk-specific SMG) it shouldn't be hard to trade to someone who can't farm one themselves for a Maggie.

No, you'll need to get one from someone else's game. On the plus side, a lot of people have that weapon for trade since both of them are very easy to farm. I wager if you get the Slagga (the Hodunk-specific SMG) it shouldn't be hard to trade to someone who can't farm one themselves for a Maggie.
Thanks, ill keep that in mind for my alternate characters.

FPS Fan

Neo Member
Have any of you had this glitch before? I'm at the Bunker farming, and I have a slag shotgun as Zer0 with Bore skill. Every time I shoot someone with the shotgun, it said I've completed all five levels of the Slag-Licked Challenge. What that ends up doing is giving me hundreds of Badass Tokens to spend, but also hundreds of Maliwan Elegance Assassin Skins in my inventory. So right now all my Badass skills are above 13%.

Wallach

Have any of you had this glitch before? I'm at the Bunker farming, and I have a slag shotgun as Zer0 with Bore skill. Every time I shoot someone with the shotgun, it said I've completed all five levels of the Slag-Licked Challenge. What that ends up doing is giving me hundreds of Badass Tokens to spend, but also hundreds of Maliwan Elegance Assassin Skins in my inventory. So right now all my Badass skills are above 13%.

Yeah, that was a bug that has been in for a while. I think it was fixed on PC with the last patch, but not on the consoles as of yet. You may want to try and vendor your skins because I've heard that if they get out of control it can cause lock-ups when trying to get into your bloated inventory.

FPS Fan

Neo Member
Yeah, that was a bug that has been in for a while. I think it was fixed on PC with the last patch, but not on the consoles as of yet. You may want to try and vendor your skins because I've heard that if they get out of control it can cause lock-ups when trying to get into your bloated inventory.

Ok, thanks for the advice (Xbox). Yeah there's a bit of slowdown when I first enter the menu. (and when throwing 200 of them off the cliff). Looks like money isn't an issue anymore.

Maaseru

Banned
Had to put this sweet game aside.

I got doing the good the bad and the mordecai mission and all of the sudden the game just craps out. I mean I can;t use vehicles because they sink into the ground and kill me. I have to go all out on foot, but after a while this terrible slow down comes on and the games fps dips all the way down making it unplayable. Last time I tried I pressed back for the menu and it just froze there.

I'm playing on PC, everything was running smooth in the game until that point. I did do the update that same day. I don't think its my hardware since I moved on to Dishonored and it plays wonderfully.

Any clues what it is or what can I do?

I didn't die with Zer0, Axton or Maya my first times through until well into sanctuary quests. I don't think Gaige is any easier. Maybe you're just better prepared now?

This. You BARELY have any skills (maybe not even your main active skill) by the time you fight Bewm and Boom. The classes don't really start to differentiate until much later.

HoosTrax

You have to destroy the key. You have to destroy...... Skrillex
Speaking of Ms. Skrillex -- her live action video overlays look more laughable with each playthrough I complete. I'm just imagining the actress sitting there in front of the blue screen with a fan blowing at her, a director telling her to make faces at the camera. It looks even stranger in Control Core Angel, when you have the comic book style face of Jack juxtaposed with the live action face of Skrillex.

abundant

This. You BARELY have any skills (maybe not even your main active skill) by the time you fight Bewm and Boom. The classes don't really start to differentiate until much later.

Axton and Gaige have an easier start then the others because their action skill (which you would have by then if you do all of the side quests beforehand) take out enemies right out of the gate.

ironcreed

Banned
Finally played this for a few hours and just got to Sanctuary with my Gunzerker. The world feels much more alive than the first one so far. Game is a blast.

Edgeward

I've been finding more etech these few days more than I ever did in my whole time playing prior. Also I started the mech class, and it's pretty cool seeing a mechanical grim reaper cutting dudes.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Speaking of Ms. Skrillex -- her live action video overlays look more laughable with each playthrough I complete. I'm just imagining the actress sitting there in front of the blue screen with a fan blowing at her, a director telling her to make faces at the camera. It looks even stranger in Control Core Angel, when you have the comic book style face of Jack juxtaposed with the live action face of Skrillex.

I thought it was kinda funny that they made a whole big deal about "Finding Lilith" and all it was for was about 2 minutes of in game footage.

Also, what's with the Ms. Skrillex thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom