• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amneisac

I'm watching the destructoid walkthrough video of the DLC and I'm bored to death... I think they released it too quickly.

I have over 120h played in the game since release and right when I had enough and planning on taking a break to play other games like Dishonered and XCom they go and release the DLC... Sorry but I'm burned out. I'm sure I'll play it at some point in the future but right now I just lost all interest. The marketing strategy is just way too agressive.

Are you seriously blaming them? You've played the shit out of the game and burned yourself out. It'll still be there for you later if you decide to come back. For the rest of us who have been enjoying the game in moderation, this is a perfectly timed DLC and I prefer it to having it come out in 3 months when I've moved onto something else.

galvatron

Okay so like anarchy stacks + Sniper rifle = OMGwut!?

I'm currently level 13 and atm I have 214 stacks. Using a 124 damage rifle, I'm currently headshot critting for 2800-3100 LOLWUT?! I'm like one shotting EVERYTHING. This is soooooo gooooood. Fuck close range combat, I'm at the point I can just shoot the enemies in the chest and they fall.

BEST.CLASS.EEEEEVVVAAAAAA!

Tangent: You forget to not manually reload, screen prompts you to reload...you accidentally reload

fuuuuu

Edit: Also is there some trick to getting the high five claptrap achievement? I hit the prompt to give him a high five and he just jumps up and down with his hands in the air...and I can't interact with him.

It's hilarious having that many stacks. I usually go 1 round shotgun for building stacks and assualt rifle with explosive rounds for using high stacks (since I don't have to directly hit the guy and I can sometimes splash multiple enemies with it). If I get sucker punched by a lone badass and fight for life isn't going too well then I switch to use the 8000+ damage Moxxi rocket launcher that I got from
creature slaughter dome round 5
for a quick 22,000+ damage at level 22 or so which tends to get the job done...I was also using the Whiskey Tango Foxtrot shield for a long time since the shock boosters were also amplified by stacks, meaning I'm doing tons of damage while not having to worry about my poor accuracy.

Also, if you're still accidentally reloading, put a point into discord to make that mistake a lot less costly.

She's a total beast when she gets going. I'm seriously going to advise my melee Zero playing friend to try out the mechromancer with a shotgun as I think she does close range better than anyone else. The robot is awesome too, but I under utilize him to build stacks faster. I also shoot any barrel I see since that's a stack (and lots of other unusual NPCs or quest objectives will give a stack if you shoot them and then reload).

On the claptrap hi-five thing:
I melee'd his hand

Dartastic

Just posting this here so people can actually quote it and see it, as opposed to the earlier post. I love this. =D

PS IT'S MY BIRTHDAY. ANYONE ON XBOX WANNA HELP ME PLEVEL MY 34 SIREN TO A LEVEL 50 PLZZZZZ I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. =D

AIsy2.jpg

ShogunX

Farmed different bosses/enemies for a long time for legendary gear and got quite a lot of the same thing.

I'm on the 360 if anybody wants to trade or needs some free gear. Got stuff like Conference Call shotguns, The Bee and Alkaline Bee, Couple of different grenades, few different shields, Legendary Siren + Gunzerker class mods, Rocket Launchers, Couple of different Volcano snipers and more - All of it is level 50.

Just invite me to Sanctuary and I will either trade some stuff or just give you it.

LowParry

So from lvl 36 and beyond, am I safe on just doing the story quests and pass up on the side missions to get to lvl 50 by end game?

Log4Girlz

I'm really not caring for anarchy much, you can't hit the broad side of a barn with shit...and I like to snipe. Time to consider another character.

Ark

Was Commandant Steele a Siren? She clearly looks like she would be a Siren, and she was originally going to be the playable Siren character. But Jack says
that he knows of only three Sirens in the galaxy which are obviously Lilith, Maya and Angel.

Just trying to guess whether the Sirens or the Vaults are the main plot points now.

Was Commandant Steele a Siren? She clearly looks like she would be a Siren, and she was originally going to be the playable Siren character. But Jack says
that he knows of only three Sirens in the galaxy which are obviously Lilith, Maya and Angel.

Just trying to guess whether the Sirens or the Vaults are the main plot points now.

She isn't one the tattoos are just a remnant of that being Lilith's original model.

So my girlfriend and I completed the game in about 5 days when this game came out, finishing at lvl 36.

She wanted to be the Mechromancer so when that DLC came out she started a new character as her. In less than 72hrs she's finished the game, done all of the side quests and got back to lvl 36 to join me in TVHM.

... Puts me to shame.

Now I need this pirate DLC sooooooooo bad. Give it to me Gearbox! I am so ready. Got some lovely golden keys to use for it as well.

addyb

I can't believe I didn't realise you could use deception for sniping. What a fool. Still I played through the majority of the original forgetting I had a turret. Lol.

Is there something to the "Slab" name?

I don't get it.

It's a reference to Brick's treatment of your character in the game. Specifically, the mission wheres
he asks you to blow up a Buzzard and, the sub requirement is for you to do it while facing away from the explosion like a badass, to which he says, in a moment that seals the deal for BL2's standing as greatest game of all time, a paraphrasing of the quote on the picture.

TRios Zen

FINALLY finished this game (I'm slow I know) and have a level 31 Maya - what say you GAF; better to start TVHM now, or level up on some of the side quests I haven't done?

It's hilarious having that many stacks. I usually go 1 round shotgun for building stacks and assualt rifle with explosive rounds for using high stacks (since I don't have to directly hit the guy and I can sometimes splash multiple enemies with it). If I get sucker punched by a lone badass and fight for life isn't going too well then I switch to use the 8000+ damage Moxxi rocket launcher that I got from
creature slaughter dome round 5
for a quick 22,000+ damage at level 22 or so which tends to get the job done...I was also using the Whiskey Tango Foxtrot shield for a long time since the shock boosters were also amplified by stacks, meaning I'm doing tons of damage while not having to worry about my poor accuracy.

Also, if you're still accidentally reloading, put a point into discord to make that mistake a lot less costly.

She's a total beast when she gets going. I'm seriously going to advise my melee Zero playing friend to try out the mechromancer with a shotgun as I think she does close range better than anyone else. The robot is awesome too, but I under utilize him to build stacks faster. I also shoot any barrel I see since that's a stack (and lots of other unusual NPCs or quest objectives will give a stack if you shoot them and then reload).

On the claptrap hi-five thing:
I melee'd his hand

Yea I grabbed discord, loving how much more active you are in playing as Gaige than the other characters.

Is there something to the "Slab" name?

I don't get it.

Slab is a southern thing, slow low and bangin' basically old school cars with candy paint and some nice spokes. How that translate to a person...no clue.

FrankT

Farmed different bosses/enemies for a long time for legendary gear and got quite a lot of the same thing.

I'm on the 360 if anybody wants to trade or needs some free gear. Got stuff like Conference Call shotguns, The Bee and Alkaline Bee, Couple of different grenades, few different shields, Legendary Siren + Gunzerker class mods, Rocket Launchers, Couple of different Volcano snipers and more - All of it is level 50.

Just invite me to Sanctuary and I will either trade some stuff or just give you it.

Mucho thanks for the CC. My lucky day to be home!

It's a reference to Brick's treatment of your character in the game. Specifically, the mission wheres
he asks you to blow up a Buzzard and, the sub requirement is for you to do it while facing away from the explosion like a badass, to which he says, in a moment that seals the deal for BL2's standing as greatest game of all time, a paraphrasing of the quote on the picture.

Actually it's referring to the later part of the mission after you drop the beacons on the crates. Brick tells you the fastest way to the travel station is to jump of the East side of the platform. Then he speaks the quote in the picture.

Inskipp

Got a new corrosive AR. It's pretty nice but for some reason it does waaayy less damage than my corrosive SMG, despite having very similar base damage (not counting the extra bullets the AR shoots, comparing on per bullet- basis)

Any idea on what's up with this?

Got a new corrosive AR. It's pretty nice but for some reason it does waaayy less damage than my corrosive SMG, despite having very similar base damage (not counting the extra bullets the AR shoots, comparing on per bullet- basis)

Any idea on what's up with this?

The Veruc when not zoomed in fire three shots in a horizontal line at the fire rate you see listed. When zoomed in it actually fires five shots at about double its listed fire rate in burst. Its also going to a hell of a lot more accurate then that Hyperion smg .

Raide

LTTP but I have finally finish my first run with Axton. :D The build up to that was pretty fun. I had a moment of "Wait, I know this place!"

Inskipp

The Veruc when not zoomed in fire three shots in a horizontal line at the fire rate you see listed. When zoomed in it actually fires five shots at about double its listed fire rate in burst. Its also going to a hell of a lot more accurate then that Hyperion smg .
I understand that, but shouldn't a single bullet from Veruc still do around the same damage as the SMG? That's the part that's sort of confusing me, since the numbers display that the Veruc does 280 damage less (per bullet), but on the firing range the SMG does like +3k more damage.

Herlihy Boy

Neo Member
So, I logged in today and noticed that I no longer had a default character. I panicked and the restarted my Xbox. Upon restart, my level 50 Commando was there, but all my badass points and the heads and skins I've collected were gone. And my badass rank was way up there too.

Gearbox doesn't seem to keen on revealing when or even if this glitch will be fixed. Yeah it sucks, but all in all, I've still got all my characters and didn't lose anything of monumental value.

So, just a heads-up I guess. You still can be affected by this glitch.

I understand that, but shouldn't a single bullet from Veruc still do around the same damage as the SMG? That's the part that's sort of confusing me, since the numbers display that the Veruc does 280 damage less (per bullet), but on the firing range the SMG does like +3k more damage.

I'm sorry I didn't bother to look at you second set of screens. I'm not really sure whats going on there. Do you have an SMG relic or Class mod equipped? The benefits from those aren't shown on the stats of the gun.

What is TVHM?

Playing through the game for the first time, now at lvl 22, so still a noob.

True vault hunter mode. I had to Google it when I first saw it in the thread; oddly it was the very first thing that poppedup in autosearch. I wasn't the first to wonder...

Oh, and for those who don't know; Gaige is awesomely broken. 200 Anarchy + Explosive AR + Assault Rifle Mod = Joy!

Inskipp

I'm sorry I didn't bother to look at you second set of screens. I'm not really sure whats going on there. Do you have an SMG relic or Class mod equipped? The benefits from those aren't shown on the stats of the gun.
Nope, I was using a shield relic + terra mod during that time. The only damage boost I had active was +32% gun damage from my skills.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Playing as Gaige is weird because I basically have to force myself to not do one of the most important things in any FPS, Reload. It makes matters worse if you accidentally reload instead of picking up that ammo, guns, equipment, and cash. She owns though especially with Deathtrap.

RotBot

Playing as Gaige is weird because I basically have to force myself to not do one of the most important things in any FPS, Reload. It makes matters worse if you accidentally reload instead of picking up that ammo, guns, equipment, and cash. She owns though especially with Deathtrap.

Unbind reload.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Alright, what is best path for me to do with Gaige. I like two out of three skill tree, but it was tough decision to decide where I should go with first.

Edited: I'm not used to shotgun that often in Borderlands but I felt that Shotgun is awesome for Gaige and A. Stacks. I noticed other tree path look awesome too. I am tempted with both skills.

Sometime I would reloaded with machine guns or sniper gun and lost all A. Stacks. I need to learn to play different with Gaige or change the skill tree.

Edited 2: I am level 13/14 by now, and I am on mission to to save Roland from the prison.

galvatron

Alright, what is best path for me to do Gaige. I like two out of three skill tree, but it was tough decision to decide where I should go with first.

I'd advise BFF early and a single point for anarchy whenever you want to get into that. Should be autopilot until the mid-late teens.

Ark

I prefer the middle tree for Gaige. I prefer my guns to be accurate, I don't like having to get up all in the enemies grill. So to speak.

Alright, what is best path for me to do with Gaige. I like two out of three skill tree, but it was tough decision to decide where I should go with first.

Edited: I'm not used to shotgun that often in Borderlands but I felt that Shotgun is awesome for Gaige and A. Stacks. I noticed other tree path look awesome too. I am tempted with both skills.

Sometime I would reloaded with machine guns or sniper gun and lost all A. Stacks. I need to learn to play different with Gaige or change the skill tree.

Edited 2: I am level 13/14 by now, and I am on mission to to save Roland from the prison.

Is your gear really good? Yes? Are they Elemental weapons? Yes? Go Little Big Trouble.

Is your gear really good? Yes? Are they Elemental weapons? No? Go Ordered Chaos.

Is your gear really good? No? Go Best Friends Forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom