• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodine1231

Lost my last 5 hours due to PC crashing and Steam cloud loading up an old save. Found two kickass yellows too,think I'm gonna put this down for a week,too pissed off to continue.

XAL

I thought it was kinda funny that they made a whole big deal about "Finding Lilith" and all it was for was about 2 minutes of in game footage.

Also, what's with the Ms. Skrillex thing?

Because one side of her head is shaved.

Because Skrillex had that haircut first and everyone who has that haircut is Skrillex and anyone who will ever have that haircut will be Skrillex.

obviously.

:|

nel e nel

That still looks pretty close to the finished product, the Reveal Trailer almost looks like a different game. It also looks like Commandant Steele was the original playable Siren instead of Lilith.
Yeah. Man, that reveal trailer takes me back. So hyped, regardless of what they sold me haha. Good thing it was amazing.

And you know, I think Steele would have made for a much more interesting character. I mean, if they had fleshed out the main characters as much as they (finally) fleshed them out in BL2. Her and Roland both had a history with Crimson Lance and that could've played really well into that story when the Lance had a presence.

I think that's actually Helena Pierce.

gfj4b.jpg

Be careful of those pearls, Helena.

Man what is the bad ass shotgun from Warrior called? Farmed him for a couple hours today and nothing :\ Even loaded up another 50 level character and farmed split screen to maybe help get better loot.

Gorillaz

That still looks pretty close to the finished product, the Reveal Trailer almost looks like a different game. It also looks like Commandant Steele was the original playable Siren instead of Lilith.

I always wondered....what if?

What if that would have been the look of Borderlands. People complain about it's artstyle now but...would the series even survived by taking that photo realistic/serious approach to it all?

Randy

One of my (minor) complaints is that the driving controls still suck ass, at least with a controller. Perhaps I'm the only one experiencing this, since it doesn't come up a lot, it seems.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Ho Ho Ho, only last night I realised you have badass tokens to spend! I had 75 of those things to spend all at once, it took ages!

Xanathus

Been playing Mechromancer and I switched the voices to Japanese. Things I've noticed:
1. Mechromancer is pretty OP if you spec Anarchy tree and reach around level 25, especially if you have a good amp shield and shotgun.
2. Japanese voices lack any interesting inflections and voice characteristics, they pretty much just do the standard trope voices and I think they use the same actors for a ton of different characters.
3. Claptrap says "ANDDDD OPEN" in English as if it was a magic word like "Abracadabra".

JambiBum

So if you don't pick up the this just in quest before you start the talons of god quest are you fucked for play through 2.5? I can pick up every other side quest that I've left alone for now except for the ones that mordecai gives you. Do they show back up after the warrior?

Unseen Predator is the final achievement I have left to get in the base game. Going to take a while since I need to get Zero to level 31 along Bloodshed in order to do so. Luckily I had created a Zero a while back to play with a friend who hasn't played much at all, I haven't used the character but at least it was at Sanctuary. Now
Sanctuary is an airborne fortress of floating awesomeness
, so I guess I'm roughly half way through.

Once I get Zero to TVHM, that will be every class at least in TVHM except Axton. Maya's the only 50 and the only character I've been farming with.

So if you don't pick up the this just in quest before you start the talons of god quest are you fucked for play through 2.5? I can pick up every other side quest that I've left alone for now except for the ones that mordecai gives you. Do they show back up after the warrior?

The Hunter quest? Same thing happened to me this morning (?), it becomes available after you complete Talon of God. It'll switch from blocked to a normal quest after the fact.

four fingers!!!!!! has to be an alien

I'm going to go with robot given how Zero states that he basically doesn't breathe during one of his second wind haiku's.

NewLib

Banned
So I've never played Borderlands but I want to see what the fuss is about. Should I first buy the Borderlands GOTY edition or go straight to Borderlands 2?

I would normally say straight to BL2 since it's basically a different and much better game, but Anthony Burch does such an amazing job tying the story of BL2 to BL1 that I would at least give it a go. A lot of the twists don't have a potent punch at all if you don't know what happened in the first one.

Double D

So I've never played Borderlands but I want to see what the fuss is about. Should I first buy the Borderlands GOTY edition or go straight to Borderlands 2?

I'd just get BL2. It'll catch you up on all the story stuff early on, and it's just a much better game. If you decide you want more borderlands after you play the hell out of this one, get yourself the season pass.

Ark

I'd say play Borderlands 1 first. I loved Borderlands 1, and I would marry Borderlands 2.

FrankT

What day is the DLC? Level cap going up with this one? Kind of torn on that. Feel like I need a little more time to get my guy where I want him.

H3xum

So I've been off of this thread for awhile

Is the level cap going up with the DLC?

Edit: Saw achievements and there isn't anything about reaching level 55 or level 60 or anything, so I'm guessing no

How hard is it to get to level 50 without playing with others? I'm lv17 and just finished rescuing
Roland
. Is it possible to get close to 50 by the end or must I play it a second time?

Uncle AJ

How hard is it to get to level 50 without playing with others? I'm lv17 and just finished rescuing
Roland
. Is it possible to get close to 50 by the end or must I play it a second time?

How fast you level up has little to do with whether you're playing solo or co-op. But yes, you will hit a point of diminishing returns on XP for the first playthrough in the upper 30s and will need to start TVHM to reach 50.

Darklord

Banned
I HATE it when I go down and the enemies run away and hide. WTF? That's not fair. Sometimes they literally run behind a wall and stay there so it's impossible to get a second wind.

Forget Borderlands 1. Play 2.

jsrv

Are there any side quests that are actually missable as the story progresses? (like due to the NPC moving location or whatever, ie. Hammerlock/Claptrap in Southern Shelf with the quest where you turn in Bullymong Fur to one of them)

If there are, I might as well do them in PT2 rather than skipping

Xanathus

Ugh, apparently Gearbox QA never tested Mechromancer's Anarchy tree while playing as a client in a multiplayer game. There's a 100% easily repeatable bug where Discord is automatically triggered every time you automatically reload if you are not the host of a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom