• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

I know right, I wonder how many people actually listen to the story, they straight up say it in the game.
Bah, I never listen to Angel.

"Upload the voice modulator, quickly!"

*enters room*
*spies a big loot chest*
*rushes over*

"...Or, you know, slowly..."

grendelrt

Bah, I never listen to Angel.

"Upload the voice modulator, quickly!"

*enters room*
*spies a big loot chest*
*rushes over*

"...Or, you know, slowly..."

I thought that one was pretty clever, they knew if they put that shiny object there that we would run to it haha

Gravijah

they need to implement a no story/bullcrap mode where it skips all unimportant story/text/etc stuff and just lets me kill and loot and turn in quests.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
they need to implement a no story/bullcrap mode where it skips all unimportant story/text/etc stuff and just lets me kill and loot and turn in quests.

Waiting for Claptrap to do stuff like open doors is annoying as hell in playthroughs after the first one.

Angel Gamer

Neo Member
Downloaded the DLC twice now on 360 and it still tells me I can't go to Oasis because I don't have the DLC downloaded. Should I download it from the marketplace and not from in game?

Unicorn

So all that time I spent trying to unlock orange level 50 guns is now inert? Was the raising level cap confirmed?
This is basically like the zombie dlc in the first one. No new level cap, the content scales to your current story mission level (lvl 30 after pt1, lvl 50 after pt2). You'll be able tonplay through the quest 2 times just like story and side quests through the 2 playthroughs.
No the the cap is still 50, but there is a new weapon tier that is red/pink.
Why why a third variation of purple/magenta/pink? Make it light blue like pearlescent (then confused with quest items) or make a rainbow tier where the beam is like a prismatic rainbow and the text also looks like a spectrum. Mix it up so shit isn't so easily confused at a glance.

Am enjoying the variety of enemies so far; just bumped into the electrical lizard things (invisible/shoot spikes). Nice to know the game will throw up new stuff for me every now and then. Why I grew to dislike Skyrim was it seemed to have no where near the variety Oblivion had, so nice to see this here.

Loot is good in the game, still think games like these would be better to throw up no loot than 'shitty common loot'; but its not too bad, usually a good new weapon or two to find in each playthrough.

Am not liking the cast as much as I thought I would though; their all pretty dull, I've maybe been spoilt by Kid Icarus but its pretty lack lustre so far and the humour is very flat. I liked the demolitions expert girl though.

This is basically like the zombie dlc in the first one. No new level cap, the content scales to your current story mission level (lvl 30 after pt1, lvl 50 after pt2). You'll be able tonplay through the quest 2 times just like story and side quests through the 2 playthroughs.

Why why a third variation of purple/magenta/pink? Make it light blue like pearlescent (then confused with quest items) or make a rainbow tier where the beam is like a prismatic rainbow and the text also looks like a spectrum. Mix it up so shit isn't so easily confused at a glance.

As a red/green blue/purple colorblind individual I can easily tell the difference between the new tiers color and everything else. If I had to describe the color relative to other loot it looks the most like health pick-ups. It should be pretty easy to distinguish it in loot pile next to everything else unlike orange/green and magenta/purple.

Tex117

Banned

I mean, sure, but I liked the story. Even the side quests were used in a way to push the overall narrative forward (as opposed to the boring fetch and retrive quest getting nothing in return).

Unicorn

As a red/green blue/purple colorblind individual I can easily tell the difference between the new tiers color and everything else. If I had to describe the color relative to other loot it looks the most like health pick-ups. It should be pretty easy to distinguish it in loot pile next to everything else unlike orange/green and magenta/purple.
I just want a Unicorn tier of items that are rainbow text and light beam and all have a Unicorn emblazoned on the side like the Bunny Launcher.

Am enjoying the variety of enemies so far; just bumped into the electrical lizard things (invisible/shoot spikes). Nice to know the game will throw up new stuff for me every now and then. Why I grew to dislike Skyrim was it seemed to have no where near the variety Oblivion had, so nice to see this here.

enemy variety in this game is great. even when you get to TVHM(NewGame+) they're still throwing new ones at you.

MajorPain

Just bad luck or did legendaries seem to drop more often on the first playthrough?

I found about 8 on my first playthrough and the only thing I've gotten in about 50 hours of TVHM and a whole lot of boss farming is The Bee, Volcano, the Grenade mod of Boom Bewm. (and Slayer of Terra but that's a 100% drop so it doesn't count).

I've killed The Warrior literally about 50 times and no conference call, only 1 Volcano, no other lengendaries, and I'm fighting him with the 4 player difficulty mod.

I am level 29 gunzerker and I have gotten about 6 or 7 legendaries most of them I got between levels 15 - 20 from levels 21 - 29 I have gotten 1.

Pretty sure most loot games standardized on WoW rarity colors, where red is the rareest.

WoW doesn't have red loot.

Trash = grey
Common = white
Uncommon = green
Rare = Blue
Epic = Purple
Legendary = Orange
Special bind on account items = Light Gold

But yes, most loot based games do follow this standard.

Finished the game yesterday, level 31 Commando. The end where it was just constant enemies was pretty awesome, wished there were more times like that...but I guess the end wouldn't have seemed so important than. Loved this game, will keep playing it for sure :D! And DLC today!

galvatron

I am level 29 gunzerker and I have gotten about 6 or 7 legendaries most of them I got between levels 15 - 20 from levels 21 - 29 I have gotten 1.

WTF. I'm lv49 and about half way through TVHM and I have yet to get a Legendary drop. after reading that I'm starting to think something is wrong with my game.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'm level 20 and always have a ton of cash, I've been doing slots but do you ever get anything good in vending machines to buy? I rarely see oranges and only a few purples in the world.

Oh, also, before the patch on shields that took some health away it would show the number, now it doesn't. What's up with that?

Cat Party

That feel when you see a purple in a chest and find out its a Spiker.

EDIT:

WTF. I'm lv49 and about half way through TVHM and I have yet to get a Legendary drop. after reading that I'm starting to think something is wrong with my game.

I'm level 42 and I've had 1 legendary so far. Nothing is wrong with your game.

abundant

Are you playing solo? Loot drops are better in coop. The only three legendary items I've found were in coop. (Lvl 50 Siren)

im level 40 and i have seen 3 legendaries i think.
1 from a random mob, it was black hole gernade.
1 shield from the warrior the impaler
1 weapon from a random mob, it was a shitty smg.

FeD.nL

WoW doesn't have red loot.

Trash = grey
Common = white
Uncommon = green
Rare = Blue
Epic = Purple
Legendary = Orange
Special bind on account items = Light Gold

But yes, most loot based games do follow this standard.

Didn't vanilla WoW have an artifact (=red) as the highest rarity? Been a long time though so I might be mixing up things.

OCDBuzz

Does this mean that my Level 32 character that hasn't finished PT1 will be stuck playing the DLC at Level 30?

Anybody else notice that Mikal (sp?) went from appearing all the time in Sanctuary to never appearing at all? I know he's supposed to be a rare treat, but the shift was a little jarring.

Oh, and for my fellow rarity-deprived players; I'm doing a new playthrough with Gaige. I'm almost finished with the story and without doing the weapon-rewarding side-quests, here is my rare loot drop tally (based on my badass rank counts):

Orange: 0
Blue: 4
Purple: 8

Yeah, the loot table seems to be a wee bit out of whack...

And no, no co-op; I tried with random players and spent most of that time doing all of the work while they hoovered any and all loot.

Xevren

Put a couple hours into the dlc, aside from the bugs at the start I'm enjoying it. The music and scenery are fantastic once you get out of the first area. My mechro feels so godly now, picked up an Etech pistol that shoots homing pellets so the accuracy problem with Anarchy doesn't matter anymore, yay!

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody else notice that Mikal (sp?) went from appearing all the time in Sanctuary to never appearing at all? I know he's supposed to be a rare treat, but the shift was a little jarring.
Seems like I remember hearing that he appears either much less or not at all once you reach the part of the story where
Sanctuary starts flying

Csokis

Fast! :)

bl2updatedaazf.png

Anybody else notice that Mikal (sp?) went from appearing all the time in Sanctuary to never appearing at all? I know he's supposed to be a rare treat, but the shift was a little jarring..

Its Michael...and I haven't seen him since the patch. He was always supposed to have a 10% chance of showing up in Sanctuary, no matter where you are in the game. This was broken when the game first came out as I was able to get weapons from him every single time I went to Sanctuary (at least before the "change" that occurs).

The first patch fixed this issue and now he is back to normal I guess. I still have yet to see him at all. Sucks cause he always gave me a purple weapon.

Has anyone seen Michael since the patch came out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom