• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far, loving the DLC.

Anyhoo, yeah I change my mind on the Mechomancer...Anarchy can be redonk at full stacks (well I have up to 150). Explosive AR with that shit be nasty yo. I just put a point into that tree.

Damn, I kinda want to level her up, but dammit the DLC is so fun. I love putting that point into the skill that allows death trap to stay alive as you kill enemies...so satisfying.

Dying is definitely more of a concern with her. Nothing worse than losing 200 stacks. I love playing as her. It's funny watching Deathtrap attempt to kill stalkers. He's so bad at it.

arimanius

Dying is definitely more of a concern with her. Nothing worse than losing 200 stacks. I love playing as her. It's funny watching Deathtrap attempt to kill stalkers. He's so bad at it.

I always cry when I die and lose 400 stacks. I always have the internal dialog of "Crap, well do I want to quit for the day or continue on."

nel e nel

Played last night about 2-3 hours during that time completed the mission where
Roland Dies
and only got one purple during that time no orange weapons and just a handful of blues. Did they change something? Seems like i am getting less rear items.

Perhaps you're looking for the wrong type of items? ;p

LowParry

A lot of you shouldn't feel bad at all with Legendaries. Never seen one drop ever. Not even after the last boss on my first playthrough dropped one. It's all been purples and blues. I'd love to play more of the MP side but all my friends are console players (and they don't even own BL2, slackers). So when I join up with randoms, there's no chance in hell of getting good item drops.

Second piece of the Captain Blade set, in addition to the aforementioned shotty:

3SBW4.jpg

Only tried it out for a bit but didn't notice the adverse effect. I'm assuming you take additional elemental damage or are more prone to it.

Just finished killing off warrior on pt1 with mechro. The rakks are in some infinite spawn loop (don't remember this happening before). So I'm just sitting here while my death rap refuses to disappear as he just farms xp for me. Its at 200 charges and counting

This same thing happened to me last night... I quit before he hit 200 though.

BLU-82

Stupid question-age. How do you begin the DLC? My current save is right before
warrior
do I have to kill it before it pops up?

Random: I'm slow I just realized in the wildlife preserve
That Flesh-Stick gave up Tiny Tina's parents to slag experiements

Not sure why i didn't catch that on any of my other play throughs.

Zeth

Uh oh. It's showing as costing -1 MSPT for me. Already installed compatibility update.

Edit: got it through in-game menu.

FatBaby

I have like a level 37 or so Gunzerker that already beat the game once. Is it worth it to do the DLC right now or wait until I get to 50 so the loot scales?

Zeth

Hmm. Wondering if something going as I'm not seeing it online to buy. Wanted to Q it up now so it started downloading right when I got home.

Ended up successfully getting it from inside the game under "downloadable content". Should've tried that sooner.

1stStrike

Banned
Shit, those remaining sidequests I had took far longer than I expected to complete. I probably won't eve get to start the DLC for another hour or two. I'm hoping I get some better weapons out of it, cause I have gotten nothing but garbage for the last few levels (I'm lvl 32 atm) and all of my weapons are pretty much shit now.

I especially need a shotgun that doesn't consume all of its ammo in 3 shots and take forever to reload >_>

Shit, those remaining sidequests I had took far longer than I expected to complete. I probably won't eve get to start the DLC for another hour or two. I'm hoping I get some better weapons out of it, cause I have gotten nothing but garbage for the last few levels (I'm lvl 32 atm) and all of my weapons are pretty much shit now.

I especially need a shotgun that doesn't consume all of its ammo in 3 shots and take forever to reload >_>

The Minecraft shotgun is awesome if you can get it to drop.

Log4Girlz

Yeah that sucks, and god forbid you quit and continue so you don't have to run anywhere...that's the worst part. So I just put a point into anarchy and then I go to the other far left tree, I forget the name. Anyhoo, an explosive AR with 50% for bullets to ricochet to an enemy if they hit a wall or floor? Fuck yeah.

lucius

So I am level 19 story mission Rising Action: Head towards the Fridge, I just bought the Pirate's Booty DLC should I start it now or wait until later after finishing the game at a higher level ?

If I start the DLC now will my character be overpowered the rest of the game?

steadfast

So I am level 19 story mission Rising Action: Head towards the Fridge, I just bought the Pirate's Booty DLC should I start it now or wait until later after finishing the game at a higher level ?

If I start the DLC now will my character be overpowered the rest of the game?

You're going to be OP all the way through the first playthrough. It doesn't really get tough until TVHM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom