• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoism

well fuck me I caved I'm pissed about no level cap raise... but I can't wait to play more so I will never get a red gun :p just got the season pass for $24..
:)

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'm level 20 and always have a ton of cash, I've been doing slots but do you ever get anything good in vending machines to buy? I rarely see oranges and only a few purples in the world.

Oh, also, before the patch on shields that took some health away it would show the number, now it doesn't. What's up with that?

Anyone?

Rikyfree

Okay, I have a serious problem with my siren. When farming the warrior one night, I was using a relic that increased hyperion weapon damage along with using the bee and a slag version of the conference call. Now whenever I kill something or even do damage with slag, I get an assload of badass points and a bunch of skins. I know that it sounds really nice, but I can't loot anything because of all the skins, which are all the same ones (maliwan siren skins), and the badass points aren't helping things. I need some advice as this has made my siren unplayable at the moment.

I've never seen him. Then again, I just ignore a lot of shit that isn't quest related.

I haven't seen him since the game came out period. And I'm approaching 100 hours played.

You guys playing the PC version by chance?

"Michael Mamaril was previously bugged on consoles. He was set to appear 10% of the time on all systems, but for the Xbox 360 and the PS3 he was appearing 100% of the time. "

MrDaravon

Just posted this in a thread on the Gearbox forums with someone else having the same issue. Short version is that level-specific Challenges I had previously completed appear to be disappearing and showing as not completed as I'm completing new DLC challenges. It's not affecting my Badass rank, and it's only happening to level-specific Challenges. I'm on 360, the OP on the Gearbox thread didn't say what platform he was on. Be aware.

Registered to post I'm having the exact same issue on 360.

I had no problems with the Mechro DLC. As soon as I booted up after the Pirate DLC I checked all of my Challenges when I was in Oasis, and everything was fine. I've got a small list going of the Challenges I have left to complete or max (it's not many) so I'm positive I wasn't glossing over anything.

I just checked my Challenges now, and my Badass Rank is still the same, but I am now showing a ton of Level-specific Challenges as not completed. NONE of the other Challenges are affected, it's only the Area/Level specific ones. Seeing as how I was fine 3 hours ago and now I'm not, and I haven't reloaded or turned off the game, I'm wondering if as I've been completing the new Challenges from the DLC it's somehow taking away from older Challenges I had completed.

I'm about to make a list of the Challenges I show now, and then later today compare to see if it's continuing to detract from already completed ones or not. The "good" news is that it's only taking away level-specific challenges, and none of the super messed up/hard to get ones like Jackpot, Pimon/Tumbaa, etc so if I have to re-do these it's not the absolute end of the world, but it's still concerning. I'll post back if I notice a further change.

RS4-

You guys playing the PC version by chance?

"Michael Mamaril was previously bugged on consoles. He was set to appear 10% of the time on all systems, but for the Xbox 360 and the PS3 he was appearing 100% of the time. "

Oh, PC here then lol. Time to google and see what the fuss is about this guy

Atruvius

Had a bit of rough start with Scarlett. All the enemies are several levels lower than me, so are the quests. Every time I killed someone I would get horrible stuttering. I had no stuttering before the DLC.

MrDaravon

Small update on the 360 DLC issue with old Challenges being erased:

Went through my Challenges and I'd lost 43 area/level-specific Challenges that I am 100% positive I had before (again I was keeping a list, and was only missing 6 and knew which ones). At this point between the general DLC Challenges and the 2 new-level specific Challenges sets I'd opened up in the DLC I had added 14 new Challenges, so my first thought of there being a direct correlation between new Challenges being added taking away from old ones was wrong.

I did notice though that I had 29 of the new vehicle skins unlocked, so it's also possible that somehow every time either a new challenge OR new skin was being unlocked it was erasing an old Challenge. This makes no sense, but this happening makes no sense. But I just got to a new area that added 3 new area-specific Challenges to the game, and I DID lose one previously completed level-specific Challenge. Literally it was there, I went through the load to a new area, immediately checked and it was gone.

So at this point new Challenges being added via the DLC is definitely erasing old level-specific Challenges (albeit not dropping the Badass Rank however). However I can't seem to correlate a 1:1 ratio or exactly what's causing it yet. Will report back.

RS4-

Just finished killing off warrior on pt1 with mechro. The rakks are in some infinite spawn loop (don't remember this happening before). So I'm just sitting here while my death rap refuses to disappear as he just farms xp for me. Its at 200 charges and counting

Log4Girlz

NICE PARKING lol.

Anyway, one easy way to nerf the bee without nerfing it is raising the level cap and like, and keep the bee no higher than level 50, then really ramp the fuck out of the HP of new enemies.

Oven the name and ability, I'm led to believe the amp shot is supposed to completely drain your shields not keep them at full.

Nope, that's not how it's supposed to work.

NICE PARKING lol.

Anyway, one easy way to nerf the bee without nerfing it is raising the level cap and like, and keep the bee no higher than level 50, then really ramp the fuck out of the HP of new enemies.
nope, that would fuck over the value of all the other shields when the cap is raised.

Best way to nerf The Bee would be to reduce the shielding it offers or the recharge rate. Or both.

No. Not this at all. The loot that comes out of the box is as good or worse than what you can get by farming Warrior/Terra.

Use the golden keys on your way to 50 to ensure that you always have at least one good item on you. At 50 there's no end to the good loot.

Just finished killing off warrior on pt1 with mechro. The rakks are in some infinite spawn loop (don't remember this happening before). So I'm just sitting here while my death rap refuses to disappear as he just farms xp for me. Its at 200 charges and counting

Always been like this. As long as you keep attacking, they'll keep spawning. Stop attacking, and they'll eventually stop attacking you.

Does only one person need to have the DLC? I have the season pass, but my buddy refuses to buy it, if I download it can he play with me and at least do/see the new content? I don't care if he can get the new weapons, I'd just like his cheap ass to be able to play with me. Also, how's the steam release? Not too buggy I hope.

Does only one person need to have the DLC? I have the season pass, but my buddy refuses to buy it, if I download it can he play with me and at least do/see the new content? I don't care if he can get the new weapons, I'd just like his cheap ass to be able to play with me. Also, how's the steam release? Not too buggy I hope.

Both need it.

Drazgul

Best way to nerf The Bee would be to reduce the shielding it offers or the recharge rate. Or both.

That wouldn't change anything for the boss farming, which is what most people are whining about. You can kill Terramorphous within seconds after he first appears, and the Warrior isn't much better in that regard.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't seen him since the game came out period. And I'm approaching 100 hours played.

I've played 67 hours and never seen him. My friend has seen him once in 55 hours.

Just watched the trailer for the DLC and the voice for Captain Scarlett is a thumbs down. Can easily fix with that the dialog slider though.

Log4Girlz

So far, loving the DLC.

Anyhoo, yeah I change my mind on the Mechomancer...Anarchy can be redonk at full stacks (well I have up to 150). Explosive AR with that shit be nasty yo. I just put a point into that tree.

Damn, I kinda want to level her up, but dammit the DLC is so fun. I love putting that point into the skill that allows death trap to stay alive as you kill enemies...so satisfying.

Cat Party

what level would you guys recommend using your first golden key?

Use them whenever you want. There's no reason to wait until the very end. I'd say it's a good idea to have one to use when you first get to Sanctuary in playthrough 2, though. All your gear from the first playthrough will be totally obsolete by then.

neoism

i4FVlKGYWOik3.jpg
:eek:..

edit: nm dat curse...:/

+850% weapon damage?
??

????

OH FUCK YOU.

where did this come from.

That wouldn't change anything for the boss farming, which is what most people are whining about. You can kill Terramorphous within seconds after he first appears, and the Warrior isn't much better in that regard.

meh, I kill Terra/Warrior in seconds with or without it.

It's just a question of if he gets to pop his head out twice or 3 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom