• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuripaw

Banned
I haven't really been playing this game a whole lot. One of the things that's really bringing me down, is all of my friends picked this up on Xbox 360, but I picked up the superior PC version. I got the premier club, and season pass on PC.

I'm just wondering is there anyone on steam who'd like to add me? If I saw more people playing, I'd be more eager to play myself I think, because I find this game to be pretty boring alone =/

I go by the name Yuripaw on Steam also if you wanna look me up.

BigDug13

^ IMO for a game like this, the system where all your friends are is the "superior version", no matter what the graphics look like.

Yuripaw

Banned
^ IMO for a game like this, the system where all your friends are is the "superior version", no matter what the graphics look like.

I was referring to price, not graphics. I'm shifting more and more to PC because I'm tired of the $60 price point on console games, when I can find PC games for $30-40 in the weak of release most of the time. I paid only $40 for the game, and $20 for the season pass..

BigDug13

I was referring to price, not graphics. I'm shifting more and more to PC because I'm tired of the $60 price point on console games, when I can find PC games for $30-40 in the weak of release most of the time. I paid only $40 for the game, and $20 for the season pass..

While what you say is true, yet again, a game built around co-op is infinitely better on the system your friends are on.

Amagon

Will I be missing out any important storylines from the DLCs of the first Borderland games if I skipped them over and hop right on 2?

Yuripaw

Banned
While what you say is true, yet again, a game built around co-op is infinitely better on the system your friends are on.

They don't really even play that often. It's mostly my coworkers I'm speaking of...they play maybe games maybe once a week, and never stick to the same one. They played BL2 for a few days, and now they don't play it really. I'm seeing one online now playing Xcom, while the other is back to mass effect 3 multiplayer.

Gorillaz

Will I be missing out any important storylines from the DLCs of the first Borderland games if I skipped them over and hop right on 2?

Not too much. They tie up and flesh out alot of BL1 story in BL2 tbh. None of the DLC stories really left a huge mark on BL2 other then a side mention about General Knoxx (from the General Knoxx DLC)

Other then that your good.

Amagon

Not too much. They tie up and flesh out alot of BL1 story in BL2 tbh. None of the DLC stories really left a huge mark on BL2 other then a side mention about General Knoxx (from the General Knoxx DLC)

Other then that your good.

I guess I'll just wiki General Knoxx then, thanks.

Demy

Is anyone else getting crazy good drops tonight? So far in less than an hour I've gotten a:

Blood of Terra(my 3rd)
Hide of Terra(my 3rd)
Pitchfork(my 3rd)
Homing Breath of Terra(E-Tech grenade mod, my first)

madmackem

Ok where the hell is Whispering Riverbed in the highlands, its a bit im missing off my map and i cant seem to find it. Im near the mill and dropped down the cave bit but it doesnt seem to be there despite it looking exaclty where i am on the map.

Uiki

I reload ALL THE TIME and I tried this tree to see if I could do it. It's killing me.

Me too.. But you can activate that skill that gave you 25 anarchy stacks at your first kill/autoreload (rational anarchist), then the one that improves accuracy when you manually reload your weapon(discord).

By doing this you can choose mid combat if keep on stacking anarchy things (gain power and lose accuracy) or manally reload to slowly decrease the anarchy stack while gaining a boost in accuracy.

Also, if you got a mod that boost Blood Soaked Shield, gaige is almost indestructible. I've got 1 skill point + 4 mod points in it, and every time i kill someone my shield is fully recharged.

Xanathus

Great, Steam still hasn't fixed the bug where people in the UK who bought the season pass when it was £7.99 cannot activate it because they gave out a version that only works with the RU version of the game. Sent a mail to Steam support 2 days ago and still no response.

Me too.. But you can activate that skill that gave you 25 anarchy stacks at your first kill/autoreload (rational anarchist), then the one that improves accuracy when you manually reload your weapon(discord).

By doing this you can choose mid combat if keep on stacking anarchy things (gain power and lose accuracy) or manally reload to slowly decrease the anarchy stack while gaining a boost in accuracy.

Also, if you got a mod that boost Blood Soaked Shield, gaige is almost indestructible. I've got 1 skill point + 4 mod points in it, and every time i kill someone my shield is fully recharged.

There's a class mod with Blood Soaked Shield? Whats it called?

Ourobolus

Banned
Question about Anarchy/Discord: If I activate Discord after, say, 100 stacks of Anarchy, do I get (Base Accuracy + 65%) or (Base Accuracy - (100 * 1.25%) + 65%)?

Meaning is the bonus/penalty from Anarchy still active with Discord?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So when people say to save side quests for pt 2.5 do they mean every side quest? Even going back to the beginning of the second play through? Lol

So when people say to save side quests for pt 2.5 do they mean every side quest? Even going back to the beginning of the second play through? Lol

took me awhile to have this answered.

feel free to do any green quests. or blue ones in which the reward is unnecessary for you. example, i dont do any blue smg quests but i do all blue snipers and shotguns cause i dont use them.

glaurung

I finally received my PS3 CE copy of the BL2 and since I've been playing it a lot on PC already, I thought I'd pop in my copy of the first Borderlands and unlock those boost weapons at the start (and extra skins).

Borderlands disc does not load on my PS3. It says that the disc is faulty - which it most certainly is not. I played the first game to platinum and I am pretty miffed that it does not load now.

Any ideas?

I do have PSN+, but their store was offline so I cannot download the free copy from there.

Why would you need the extra points in Blood Soaked anyway? You'd just be eating more HP for no gain, and there isn't exactly a ton of stuff to put the spare points into, in the OC tree anyway

Which why I asked it seemed like a strange choice to put on a class. I really hate Gaige's class mod so many of them have More Pep and The Better Half. I wish there was a little more variety.

Wunder

Which why I asked it seemed like a strange choice to put on a class. I really hate Gaige's class mod so many of them have More Pep and The Better Half. I wish there was a little more variety.

Yeah I saw a thread on reddit complaining about the class mods, but honestly it got the same treatment as the other classes, which is 4 or 5 skills from the left and right trees and not much else, in terms of the legendary mods at least. I do wish there was variety for Cata sirens and Bloodshed Zer0s and OC Gaiges but unfortunately the way class mods are now its not gonna happen

nel e nel

Is there something to the "Slab" name?

I don't get it.

It's a reference to Brick's treatment of your character in the game. Specifically, the mission wheres
he asks you to blow up a Buzzard and, the sub requirement is for you to do it while facing away from the explosion like a badass, to which he says, in a moment that seals the deal for BL2's standing as greatest game of all time, a paraphrasing of the quote on the picture.

They wanted to find the most annoying word possible, then have the worst NPC in gaming history say it a million times.

Slab is a southern thing, slow low and bangin' basically old school cars with candy paint and some nice spokes. How that translate to a person...no clue.

I guess I'm the only one paying attention to any of the story beats?

Brick is the Slab King of Slab Town. When you deliver the note from Roland to him you have to prove yourself, and then you become one of his gang...a Slab.

Jezbollah

I interpret it as "slab of meat" - ie you're worthless rak fodder.

This game's hook is just brilliant. A page or so ago I posted here saying that TVHM mode was ball-breakingly hard with sub-par weapons, and after a couple of hours of investment sees me with my first orange of the game (YES). and a couple of really good elemental weapons.

The game seriously rewards you for your effort and perseverance.

I think they know why he calls you slab, but they want to know what slab itself means as a word.

Seriously? It a big slice of something. The first reference Jack makes about Brick is as a walking slab of meat. It makes perfect sense why Brick is called the Slab King and why his gang is called the slabs.

Why would you need the extra points in Blood Soaked anyway? You'd just be eating more HP for no gain, and there isn't exactly a ton of stuff to put the spare points into, in the OC tree anyway

Yeah that's the thing I hate about Blood Soaked and took out my points in it. Even if your shield are at full every time you kill something you will lose health.

I interpret it as "slab of meat" - ie you're worthless rak fodder.

This game's hook is just brilliant. A page or so ago I posted here saying that TVHM mode was ball-breakingly hard with sub-par weapons, and after a couple of hours of investment sees me with my first orange of the game (YES). and a couple of really good elemental weapons.

The game seriously rewards you for your effort and perseverance.

Yeah that makes sense, I rarely hear that word or phrase so I forgot about it.

Seriously? It a big slice of something. The first reference Jack makes about Brick is as a walking slab of meat. It makes perfect sense why Brick is called the Slab King and why his gang is called the slabs.

Hey hey calm down, don't shoot me! For some reason the whole "slab of meat" thing honestly never crossed my mind. My bad, I'll refrain from posting. sheesh.

HoosTrax

So GAF: Best sniper rifle in the game, and where does it drop?
Just wanted to revisit this question since Gettle dropped a Lyuda for me last night. First I just wanted to comment that I wish this game showed how much Zoom a weapon has like the item cards in the first game did.

Pitchfork - Not good against normal humanoid enemies since it fires a large horizontal spread of rounds, making it incredibly wasteful of ammo

Invader - Has terrible initial sway like all Hyperion weapons

Skullmasher - don't have it, but sounds wasteful of ammo and it's Jakobs, so no elemental damage

Volcano - Good all-rounder, feels like a standard sniper rifle and has decent zoom multiplier and accuracy. Only real disadvantage is that it's always fire elemental.

Longbow - don't have it, but I think the projectile speed is going to be an issue, so it won't function like a regular sniper rifle

White Death/Lyuda - Looks great on paper. I've found it to hit very hard on crits. Very low zoom though. Actually it feels more like an battle rifle / assault rifle than a sniper rifle (another reason why ARs suck in this game). More of short to mid-range weapon imho, unless you playing Zer0.

Uiki

I can put only 1 skill point in it and still have 100% recharge rate (5% of losing health) and 4 points "extra" to spend in OC.

And i really don't care about hp, if i can recharge my shield at lightning speeds.

Ark

Great, Steam still hasn't fixed the bug where people in the UK who bought the season pass when it was £7.99 cannot activate it because they gave out a version that only works with the RU version of the game. Sent a mail to Steam support 2 days ago and still no response.

I've googled it and can't find the answer; what does RU stand for? :L

Ark

Is the DLC out?

Russia I assume.

I thought it was referring to a particular retail version of the game, hm.

I think the DLC is out on Steam? At least my splash screen has updated to show Captain Scarlett and Gaige instead of Axton and Maya. Although I won't be playing the DLC until I've finished every quest possible in TVHM.

Spirit3

DLC is avaliable in Australia, however generally the entire Xbox Live infrastructure seems to be struggling at the moment and I can't buy Xbox Points in order the download the dlc. Ergh.

Reigan

Banned

I contacted steam support and got mine fixed after four days of waiting, but this was back on release.

Yeah the splash has updated for me, and it shows having the Season Pass installed from the menu but no new area to fast travel to yet. I got the £7.99 version on Steam when they mispriced it but didn't have any problems activating it.

Dave1988

Xanathus

I've googled it and can't find the answer; what does RU stand for? :L
Yeah it's Russia, Eastern European and Russia have a different version of the game that only has Russian language although 2K has since given the worldwide version as well to everyone who bought that version.

I contacted steam support and got mine fixed after four days of waiting, but this was back on release.
Yeah there's a thread about it on the BL Steam forums, it seems that it got fixed awhile ago but is broken again now. Looks like my only way of fixing it is to wait for one of their support staff to actually reach my ticket but Steam support is waaaaaaaay understaffed or slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom