• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macattk15

So I dl'ed the DLC .... go in game but don't really see anything pointing me where to go for the new stuff ... what do I need to do?

edit : NVM GOT IT, I AM DUMB.

MrDaravon

FYI location-based Challenges showing going from Completed to not completed is just a display bug when in DLC areas. Makes sense because our Badass ranks weren't getting reset, and a few of us on the official boards verified with one of the programmers that when you go back to a non-DLC area eveything's back and fine, so it's purely just a display issue when in DLC areas. Thank God.

A couple of screens from the DLC:

2012-10-16_00006.jpg

abundant

Where does this new currency drop? Most any mobs or bosses only?

Seraph Crystals come from Seraph Guardians. Apparently the Seraph Guardian is one of the raid bosses. You can only purchase the red guns at the BM, they are not loot drops. Each gun is like 120 Seraph Crystals.

Rikyfree

Okay, I have a serious problem with my siren. When farming the warrior one night, I was using a relic that increased hyperion weapon damage along with using the bee and a slag version of the conference call. Now whenever I kill something or even do damage with slag, I get an assload of badass points and a bunch of skins. I know that it sounds really nice, but I can't loot anything because of all the skins, which are all the same ones (maliwan siren skins), and the badass points aren't helping things. I need some advice as this has made my siren unplayable at the moment.

Anyone?

Pimpbaa

Goddamnit, the DLC broke PhysX in the pc version (as in it seems to be using the CPU going by how much more CPU usage the game is using).

LuCkymoON

Banned
Its Michael...and I haven't seen him since the patch. He was always supposed to have a 10% chance of showing up in Sanctuary, no matter where you are in the game. This was broken when the game first came out as I was able to get weapons from him every single time I went to Sanctuary (at least before the "change" that occurs).

The first patch fixed this issue and now he is back to normal I guess. I still have yet to see him at all. Sucks cause he always gave me a purple weapon.

Has anyone seen Michael since the patch came out?

I was playing the slots one night and saw him spawn right next to me in Moxxi's bar.

Ark

So...er...me and my two co-op buddies got at least 30 legendaries from the slots at Moxxi's today.

We're only level 46 though, but we had two Conference Calls and a shit tonne of others. My bank is nearly full of legendaries. It's fucking nuts, the slots just kept giving us three vault symbols somewhere around once every ten or so spins.

one_kill

^One day, I'll do the trade cheat and get lots of money just so I can spend it all on the slots!

Noob question: To those on PS3, how does the season pass work? Do you download the DLC from the game or will the price on the PSN Store change?

I haven't bought a season pass before so I don't know how it works.

redhot_

^One day, I'll do the trade cheat and get lots of money just so I can spend it all on the slots!

Noob question: To those on PS3, how does the season pass work? Do you download the DLC from the game or will the price on the PSN Store change?

I haven't bought a season pass before so I don't know how it works.

If its like the Battlefield 3 Premium the price on the store will just say Free if you have the pass.

Edit: DLC up via search on psn.

Demy

Anyone have a lvl50 Tediore E-Tech Shock smg to trade?
I have these to trade:

Fashionable volcano
Mascovite Mongol
Surgical Pitchfork
Blood of Terra
Hide of Terra (2.5 recharge delay)
unending infinity
Shotgun damage +30% relic
Launcher ammo +70%, +5grenade relic
Instant shield (1.01 recharge delay, 15.6k capacity)

GT Dj Blak Blak
I'm on live now

Inskipp

So I beat one of the raid bosses (
Hyperius
) earlier for my friend. Managed to solo it but my god was it challenging. Took me three tries to finally kil him. They've tied in a couple of mechanics that feel like they were designed to render the bee ineffective. Once you figure out the patterns though, it's just a slow tread to victory.

Can't even imagine what rest of the bosses will be like.

Demy

That's extremely specific.

I have a L50 Tediore Slag Plasma Caster, and a L50 Dahl Shock Plasma Caster.

I'm looking for that exact one because its the strongest possible shock smg. Also I'de prefer tediore as I can use it on my shock gaige or my grenade/shock trooper Axton.

jsrv

What is the highest level the DLC scales to in playthrough 1? Do they get locked to that level after your first visit?

got my first bee :) Anyone know what determines whether a drop will be lvl 49 or 50? I'm lvl 50 right now but I havent gotten to the Warrior yet, does that make a difference? Also I saved most sidequests but now that I'm lvl 50, they still seem to be low level. Am I missing something?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm on Steam and need help finishing a few Hyperion Dome waves and 1 or 2 remaining quests on playthrough 1. Also, after I beat that I'm gonna do the final string of story missions which y'all could tag along for too if y'all want.

Any takers?

Hmmm... I got my season pass from the UK when it was dirt cheap, but now it's telling me that I need the RU version of the game to install it. It seems other people on the Steam forums are having this issue also. Anyone in here run into the same problem?

So far this dlc is awesome, great quality, great loot, and I love some of the new music.

Oh and the characters are great to, I think im the only one who likes Scarlett's voice.

I'm looking for that exact one because its the strongest possible shock smg. Also I'de prefer tediore as I can use it on my shock gaige or my grenade/shock trooper Axton.

If you're looking for one for Gaige I'd suggest trying to hunt down a Bitch! with a shock effect instead they all have a +75% crit damage.

Aurongel

I'm back after a bit of a hiatus and I'm about to finish my second playthrough. I just reached the part where
Roland gets capped
and I'm right at the level cap. Seeing as how enemies and sidequests drop zero XP for me and garbage loot I'm now skipping the rest of the sidequests and focusing on just the story missions. I'll probably start the DLC once I beat
The Warrior
again and get a decent Conference Call / Bee combo.

got my first bee :) Anyone know what determines whether a drop will be lvl 49 or 50? I'm lvl 50 right now but I havent gotten to the Warrior yet, does that make a difference? Also I saved most sidequests but now that I'm lvl 50, they still seem to be low level. Am I missing something?

PT2.5 and the game scaling to 50 doesn't activate until you complete TVHM by killing the warrior.

Insaniac

So question: how does the difficulty scale in the DLC if I am not using a character who has beat TVHM? Would you recommend playing through the DLC with a level 50 char or a lower level to take advantage of the exp etc?

it's just random. it can be anywhere from 48-50.

Same with farming bosses like Wilhelm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom