• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abundant

Hello! Just woke up, watching the QL for Capn Scarlett, what's the general consensus itt?

If you liked the humor/story of BL2, you will like this because it is more of the same. Easily 6+ hours if you do everything.

Even at lvl 50, the loot in the DLC is good. I've found several guns that were better then the ones I had equipped.

Wunder

If you liked the humor/story of BL2, you will like this because it is more of the same. Easily 6+ hours if you do everything.

Awesome, gonna jump in tonight with my co-op crew. How's the difficulty in terms of level 50 stuff? Is it possible to run through it with The Bee or is it not recommended?

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Okay, shield that does +explosive dmg when you melee, now a gun with %200 melee dmg.

I wish I didn't have to see the bayonet stabbing dudes now, I would of though my laser sword would be more powerful.

I'm not 50 yet, I hope you can farm these later.

sneaky77

I am trying to kill prospector Zeke.. but all I get is a black cave that I cannot access.. am I supposed to look elsewhere because the map indicator doesnt seem to think so

edit: I think I figured it out.

Pretty sure it's just target level to target level -2; Helquist is 50 so he will drop 48-50, Warrior is 52 so he will only drop 50 stuff, etc.

oic.

I hadn't had any drops other than 50's from bosses other than Hellquist and Wilhelm, so I assumed it was just something up with those bosses. That makes sense now.

Ordered a 660ti recently and it arrived today. Playing this with Physx keeps causing "oh cool" moments. Lots of stuff flying everywhere lol.

Edgeward

Only in the teens...I got so bored playing by myself. I got up to the point in the game where
sanctuary flies away

Ah, I only just got to the ice area with my Mech class around lvl 7-8. With my only other class a lvl 50 Zerker. You can add me, Edgeward, on steam if you like. I still play this quite often despite already logging 87 hours lol

Naite

Got dlc quest shield that does explosive damage for all my melee attacks.

Wonder how it stacks up against a +roid shield.

I've only tested it with my Salvador but when I did normal melee and melee with a Law, the explosion only did a measly 3000 damage on the sand worms. Doesn't seem worth it at all.

The raid bosses in the DLC aren't worth farming if you already have some good Legendary gear. The new Seraph gear is apparently better then Purple but weaker than Orange.

Seems that way. Though that makes it really strange we can only fight those bosses once a day when we can take repeated attempts for oranges really fast.

abundant

Seems that way. Though that makes it really strange we can only fight those bosses once a day when we can take repeated attempts for oranges really fast.
Especially weird when you add in the fact that most of the time you will get 9 - 11 crystals per raid boss and the weapons cost 120 crystals each. Basically Seraph weapons aren't worth it.

Log4Girlz

I've gotten nothing but shit loot with this DLC :(

Finished it LOL at
redoing the final quest. I haven't done it again yet but the text is funny...sorta putting a lamp shade on the whole concept of redoing quests

I've gotten nothing but shit loot with this DLC :(

Finished it LOL at
redoing the final quest. I haven't done it again yet but the text is funny...sorta putting a lamp shade on the whole concept of redoing quests

you finished the DLC already?

man you gotta learn to pace yourself. I bet you're the kinda guy that gulps wine instead of sipping, aren't ya? :D

DryvBy

I dunno what to think about this industry anymore. Every game that comes out has DLC expansion packs. Borderlands 1, I bought them all, and I thought they were mostly alright add-ons. Now Borderlands 2 is out and it's been less than a month, we already have a full expansion? Something is screaming to me about how this industry purposely holds back content that's already finished so they can actually charge $70+ for a $60 product.

Age of Empires II (September 30, 1999), expansion the next year (August 24, 2000); even Duke Nukem 3D (January 29, 1996) had an expansion several months later (November). I mean, I'm glad I'm getting DLC but seriously, this just rubs me completely wrong... I haven't even fully enjoyed the game and they're wanting more money.

Ugh, sorry to rant. It's just messed up imo.

Mazzo

Is Deathtrap supposed to make that spinning sound all the time? It seems to get stuck in a loop and is pretty annoying >.>

Hyperius was tough but doable. Mr Gee is almost impossible.

Had him down to about 5% health then we all died.

You must have a Gunzerker to taunt him then punch him into the holes.

Jubbly

i5-2400 @ 3.10GHz with a Geforce 570.

FYI, the game was running perfectly fine with Physx set to High for the first 120 hours I played since release.

It is the PhysX, and it is broken for everyone using it. Worked perfectly yesterday, now stutters when it's all kicking off. Truly bad form, Gearbox.

Log4Girlz

while I get the co-op aspect.. the game should balance for solo players.. because.. damn I paid my money too dammit

Yeah, I agree. I watched a couple of tube vids after embarrassing losses lol.

A.
You're stuck in a flat plane with him, no turning back. No cover, no exploiting, nada

B.
He regularly wipes your shields completely and immediately attacks for almost 100% HP

C.
He has helper bots who feed power to him, which you have to focus on initially while taking it in the ass and he had fucking crazy HP WOO

Yep, I'm fucked.

Woo-Fu

Banned
3 hours, 4 players, no purple drops, much less orange ones. A loot game with no loot gets stale pretty quick, back to XCOM.

Hazanko

Banned
Why did they lock bosses to once a day?! It makes no sense. Plus I won't be able to do it with friends, which is why I got the game in the first place :S

The game says that with more people in your game, the more/better loot you get. But having started a solo run, I am finding much better guns and have found 3 legendaries before I have even gotten 1/4 the way through.

It is the PhysX, and it is broken for everyone using it. Worked perfectly yesterday, now stutters when it's all kicking off. Truly bad form, Gearbox.

So is it just in the new area? I've yet to load it up. But, i've been pretty spoiled on PhysX, it'll feel so empty without it. Though, that is a pure vanity complaint, still hope it gets ironed out sooner than later....

MrDaravon

I cannot conceive of a world where it is possible to solo either raid boss. Maaaaaybe Master Gee, but Hyperius no way in fuck. Also I'm cross-posting this from the Gearbox forums, but we tried a shitload to kill Master Gee and he was straight up glitched out.

This seems to be broken to all holy hell on 360. One of my friends did it earlier with no issues. I just tried doing it with him (in my game now) and a third friend. We made about 15 attempts.

The first attempt went fine with no glitches, we just got killed right before he died because me and the third guy hadn't fought him yet, no big deal right? Over the course of the next 30 minutes and about 15-17 tries (I didn't start counting until after a few so I'm not positive on the number) any or all of the following would happen:

-Non-visible acid would kill us constantly. We would be nowhere near any acid and we would take acid damage until we died, period. Even if the only acid on screen was a single small pool at the gate, and we were on the far opposite end of cave. There were actually several times where we would start taking damage about 100 yards before opening the gate to re-fight the boss.

-After killing 1-2 worms, the cave would instantly fill up with an enormous bright green pool of acid, much higher and vibrant than normal. It would never go away, and we die. This would also sometimes lead to the third thing:

-We would sometimes become "invincible". This seemed to only happen when the game would decided to do non-stop acid damage indefinitely regardless of where we were. What would happen is the game would still make a sound effect indicating we were taking damage, and the controller would still shake, but our shields and health would not go down from the acid damage. However we could still take damage if anything else hit us, AND our shields and health would not regenerate, so that's not the blessing is sounds like. Also every time this happened this lead to the fourth thing:

-Our skills wouldn't re-charge. Self-explanatory. I can't remember if this ever happened outside of the "invincible" glitch, but we couldn't use our class skills. This prevented us from being able to semi-abuse the glitch just to kill him.

-Also I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not, but almost every time we fought him (with maybe 3 or 4 exceptions) he wouldn't take shield damage from the acid, he would only take health damage.

The few times we got the boss to take regular shield damage (and not health damage) the battle progressed normally and correctly per the videos I've seen, then at some point we would just start getting constant infinite and invisible acid and die, no matter what. This is three well-geared level 50s who had no problem with Hyperius, this is not a gear issue or not knowing what to do issue. We also completely quit out of the game and re-loaded multiple times since it was obviously glitching out, but it made no difference. This DLC seems to be glitchy in general, three times during the DLC I had to quit and re-load to get a door/gate to open that wouldn't open but was supposed to.

But straight up this be broken.

3 hours, 4 players, no purple drops, much less orange ones. A loot game with no loot gets stale pretty quick, back to XCOM.

I don't even understand how this is possible unless you're at the very beginning of the game. I was just playing with 3 players in (mostly) the beginning of the DLC and saw probably 20 purples in the last 30 minutes. Prior to that I was playing solo and saw probably close to as many in the same timespan. I've still rarely seen oranges, but if that's true and you're not at the very beginning of the game you are the unluckiest bastard in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom