• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsrv

Appears to work the same exact way. If you're not at the same level as the other person, the game is less than optimal. If you join someone's game who is higher level than you and you do missions you're not at yet in your own playthru, you'll be given credit for having done them when you do reach that point in your own game. Doesn't sound fun to me at all. If I'm not at the same level as my friends, I'm simply going to play alone.

Seriously? Well, that sucks

So does preordering from GMG get any of the preorder bonuses or is that the sacrifice I have to make to get it for so cheap?

5PmBL.png

AndyD

aka andydumi
GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT

The game still isn't out yet. Your keys are almost useless at this point.

Some people with less than stellar internet need a few days to preload sometimes. So I can see people's frustration.

Me, I am building a new PC this weekend, so no preloading here, even though its ready to go on Steam.

Seriously? Well, that sucks

If you are within 10 levels of your co op buddies, just keep playing for at least an hour or so, it levels out very quickly. My buddy and I played some more co op in BL1 last night and I started and finished the session at lvl 33 but he went from level 23 to 29. By level 25 our combat effectiveness was pretty similar. The game will balance if you play a bit since more XP goes to the lower leveled party members. I think it works great, and is far better than other co op systems I have played.

So what's the actual follow up? They never got keys and GMG ignored refunds?

They eventually got the keys, about half a day after the game unlocked.

IIRC it was a similar thing. People who pre-ordered early didn't get keys, once GMG got keys people who bought it then instantly got keys and those early per-orders didn't get the keys until after launch.

Those keys should be sent out in the order that people bought the game.

Avinexus

Man, I wish it was possible to just buy the art books alone in some of these CE bundles.

Wait until after the game is released. A fair amount of people who buy these sets end up selling off the extras. I have CE/LE artbooks from various games that I just buy off eBay, CAG, etc. for super cheap.

RS4-

Cheers.

Another wish: that they had hardcover versions.

(actually is that Bradygames one the same as the one included in the CEs, well other than the physical size)

Wait until after the game is released. A fair amount of people who buy these sets end up selling off the extras. I have artbooks from various games that I just buy off eBay, CAG, etc. for super cheap.

I'll have to go through ebay more often; locally here in Canada there isn't much luck for these things.

Coconut

Banned
Man, I wish it was possible to just buy the art books alone in some of these CE bundles.

The only collectors editions i buy are the ones that come with an art book and maybe a making of dvd. The nerd trophy stuff is terrble. What the fuck am I going to do with that stupid glorified lunch box thing.

harrytang

So what's the actual follow up? They never got keys and GMG ignored refunds?

i had to cancel my order and pay full price through steam. didnt think they would get my business again, but dem low low prices....having to get pc version for me and then xbox version so i can play with my friends.

oh yeah, and no GMG here - ordered Aug 21st

legbone

Posted?
Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Edition Unboxing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kwMS7jS-jA&feature=g-all-u

damn, i prefer the reversible cover that comes with the standard edition. early reports from the developers (in a thread here on neogaf) said the loot chest would come with both the steelbook and the normal cover. looks like that early info was wrong. didn't really make sense to me at the time but i took their word for it. oh well, i guarantee you i can find someone to swap my steelbook for the standard edition. i love the reversible art on it and the contined suicide theme from the first game.

It will have the normal box in the Ultimate Edition so you should be good to go.

Old Lace

i had to cancel my order and pay full price through steam. didnt think they would get my business again, but dem low low prices....having to get pc version for me and then xbox version so i can play with my friends.

oh yeah, and no GMG here - ordered Aug 21st
That doesn't make any sense. I ordered from GMG 2 minutes ago and got a code immediately.

gotee12

July 29th...

So fellas, what are we gonna go if GMG falls through for us? What virtual magazine rack are we gonna sack?

Edit: site shows I've bought it but I still receive no love on the key...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
From the posts here about when people pre-ordered it seems like keys were sent out at random (or by member index or something most likely) outside of people who did it most recently getting it today.

Cigol

If it's not in the keys tab (that picture is not the keys tab) when you go to your account page then they haven't sent you it. I have two pre-orders with GMG so I guess I've got this to look forward to lol.

Ultimadrago

1st General Knoxx, then zombies, then Claptraps, skip Moxxi's.

This.

It's smart to get Knoxx out of the way first due to all the annoying driving back and forth
(Though this could be more due to me going out to complete all the missions in that DLC).

Moxxi's DLC gives you a bank to store weapons, but I never made much use of it, anyways.

Two questions:

-thought I'd read a while back the game remembers if you do missions with friends and will ask you if you want different rewards if you go back and solo it.

-when using a skill mod, do you have to have at least 1 point in that skill to take advantage of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom