• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of money? Pre-ordering is the cheapest way of getting the game at the moment.

I have other, more expensive, more important things to pay for, a job that pays me shit for working five hours a week, and a boss that constantly "forgets" to pay me.

So yes, right now, $36-$50+ is a lot for me.

It'll be different if Spirit hires me next week.

If they want to pay me for three to four days at seven to eight hours a day, I will.

I've been blessed with working at a good Halloween store the past two years.

Believe me, I know I'm not going to get good management every time.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Welp I just got the season pass.

Now I just need to find a good headset for my PC. Preferably with volume controls on the cord. I'm playing on my PC, BPM on the TV, and won't be near the PC to control stuff.

So 30 hours, is it clear it's the main story without the side quests or is that with everything?

If it's the whole game, than it's not as long as I thought. I forget how long the first one was.

Hopefully DLCs, I assume it'll be like the first one: two are 5 hours long while one will be close to 10, which could make the game twice as long.

demolitio

As long as I get the key a few hours before launch to preload, I'm fine, but GMG's system sure is weird. I don't care if I'm not the first to get it, but someone with a slower connection like me learns to love preloading so I can actually play at launch.

Not really worrying or complaining, but their system definitely is weird.

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
damn, i prefer the reversible cover that comes with the standard edition. early reports from the developers (in a thread here on neogaf) said the loot chest would come with both the steelbook and the normal cover. looks like that early info was wrong. didn't really make sense to me at the time but i took their word for it. oh well, i guarantee you i can find someone to swap my steelbook for the standard edition. i love the reversible art on it and the contined suicide theme from the first game.

Ooof.. Sorry about that. The Publisher told us it would include that and now it doesn't appear to include that :(

Looks like it might be all 3 versions for me. Steam is already paid and preloaded (w/season pass), won a 360 loot chest from the PAX East name-a-character contest (Johnny Waffles), and preordered ps3 version yesterday. It would have been easier if my friends could just play on one console, but oh well, if this game pays out with anything like the 7 or so days I put in to the original I'll be a happy man.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
EDIT: Whelp, question answered right before I posted. Here's an image of Earl Sinclair instead.

CDt8j.jpg

NOT THE MAMA!

Reclaimer

Any early consumer impressions about the Ultimate Loot Chest edition? I want a better idea of the quality of the loot box in there.

Le-mo

So I just pre-ordered this game on greenmangaming for $36 and activated it on Steam and I'm currently downloading it? Would I be able to play it or wait until the 17th?

So 30 hours, is it clear it's the main story without the side quests or is that with everything?

If it's the whole game, than it's not as long as I thought. I forget how long the first one was.

Hopefully DLCs, I assume it'll be like the first one: two are 5 hours long while one will be close to 10, which could make the game twice as long.

BL1 was shorter without the DLC but the magic of it was going towards Playthrough 2.5 with every available DLC. I think that it is still my most played game this generation.

Ceebs

Played nothing but Siren in BL1. Was thinking of trying Zer0 for a change of pace, but will probably end up just playing Maya.

alba

Little is the new Big
Well, that means that I will have to wait till the 21 :(

You can still activate it with the VPN, play in offline mode and be fine until then :p (by online I figured you meant online as in steam online, I'm not sure about the actual mutiplayer part, I guess we'll see on the 18th but since it uses steamworks, could be an issue) *hides*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom