• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artadius

catstare.001.gif

abundant

Two questions:

-thought I'd read a while back the game remembers if you do missions with friends and will ask you if you want different rewards if you go back and solo it.

-when using a skill mod, do you have to have at least 1 point in that skill to take advantage of it?

- I don't know about that, but if you complete a later mission on your friends game, then when you come back to your game it will ask you if you want to skip or replay that mission.

- Yes you do. Unlike the first game, skills that are effected by class mods are highlighted for you.

Mr. Fix

If I join someone else's game, will I be bombarded with all the quests on their lists like in B1? And if I complete a quest I haven't accepted yet on co-op, will it still count on my game?

injurai

Banned
Salvador is going to be the least played of all for sure and Axton the most, if you want to go different go Sal.

really? Axton looks the most generic to me. I thought Salvador would be the most played followed by maya because she is a hot babe. then maybe zero and axton last.

Carm

i ordered august 3rd. and got my key 5 hours. ago. so.. yeah. give it a few more hours.

I ordered on August 3rd as well, no key as of yet. I'm not really concerned as long as I get it before Tuesday. I don't want no, you didn't preorder so don't get the premiere club items shenanigans. Really stupid how they dole out keys though, people ordering today get them immediately.

really? Axton looks the most generic to me. I thought Salvador would be the most played followed by maya because she is a hot babe. then maybe zero and axton last.

Soldier classes are very popular. I know that in Mass Effect 2+3 (probably 1, but can't say for sure) the soldier was the most played class by a large percentage.

I can see Salvador being popular too. People seem to love their 'gun shootin' classes. Him and Axton have very easy to understand and use abilities for a lot of people. I haven't seen enough of Maya's to tell if it will be as fun, and Zer0's seems to be more complicated than the others (targeting crit areas, back strikes, sniping, etc.) so I can see that working against him for some people.

I'm honestly excited to play all of them to find out which I like most, and I can't wait for the Mechromancer to come out. I REALLY hope they plan on coming out with even more in the future. 2 or more new classes would be SUCH an amazing incentive to go back and play (not that I need another one, haha).

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The character that is almost exactly the same from BL1 will be the most played? I had no idea everybody hated variety.

Soldier is the most played class in Mass Effect by a lot, people like picking the 'safe' option. I'm expecting a lot of Zer0 also just based off appearance.

Salsa

pre-loading

zer0 all up in this bitch. Made up my mind when I realized he was basically the most equal to Mordecai since besides being close quarters he's also the sniper.

Xevren

All my friends are going straight to Axton, so I'm just gonna go with Zero and slice some shit up. I'm sure I could just pick Maya and help with support but meh, I did Siren first in the last game so I want to play as Zero!

Doorman

I took the plunge and preordered the game, got it pre-loaded and all already, although it means that tomorrow I have to take another plunge and buy a new graphics card, the one I already use cries even when running the first BL on crumbcake settings. I'm still mostly a PC newbie when it comes to gaming so getting that installed and working may be an adventure all its own.

What I'm mainly trying to figure out right now is, like most people, which character I want to start out the game with. I have a group of two others who've already kind of committed themselves to Axton and Salvador respectively, so mostly I'm debating between Maya and Zer0. Style wise I'd probably rather use Zer0 because I like the concept of his action still as well as his design a bit better, but none of his skill trees really seem to mesh terribly well with what I'd consider my preferred style of play for him. He leans so heavily towards either sniping or melee with two trees, where I'd much rather go for a "shotgun ninja" sort of build if that's even possible. Has anyone else figured out a decent way to accomplish that? I really took to pistols and shotguns in the first BL but if I can't get Zer0 to play well with that style, then I might go instead to a "red mage" Maya build that I was toying around with on the class-tree site last night.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Can't wait for this to get released. Can't decide between the chick or ninja though.

Does the Season Pass come with 4 new DLC's not including the preorder bonus DLC?

I took the plunge and preordered the game, got it pre-loaded and all already, although it means that tomorrow I have to take another plunge and buy a new graphics card, the one I already use cries even when running the first BL on crumbcake settings. I'm still mostly a PC newbie when it comes to gaming so getting that installed and working may be an adventure all its own.

You should have just bought the card that comes with the BL2 coupon.

Doorman

You should have just bought the card that comes with the BL2 coupon.

Perhaps, were it not for the fact that most of the cards with that offer wouldn't be supported on my current system and, by and large, landed out of my price range. Plus that wouldn't help me figure out which character to use, which was the main point of my post.

So after I pre-load, I go and check out the usual install directory to see whats there, and nothing! Where is it hiding? Found it, currently its just a depotcache file.

Remmy2112

I don't understand why anyone would play a melee focus in a game about guns

Just because you're melee focused doesn't mean you won't be using guns. The melee is gravy, gravy you'll be able to cut someone's head off once you close in or they get too close to you. Melee focused builds will probably use high damage, low accuracy weapons like SMGs or shotguns.

Pre-loading,.

Don't know who I'm going to play as. I played through about a third of Borderlands as Mordecai, switched over to Brick and never looked back.

Zero looks like he's a weird mash-up of Brick (the melee-centric Bloodshed tree) and Mordecai. I loved playing as Brick, I made a melee-centric (committed to the far left tree) version of Brick and had a blast literally punching my way through Pandora. So in that regard Zero looks kind of appealing.

Salvador looks like a gun-centric version of Brick. Gunzerking's got the same health boost on trigger and Salvador's got some awesome looking damage and tanking capabilities. The idea of dual-wielding shotguns and rocket launchers is pretty appealing.

Axton appeals to my inner TF2 engineer. I just love the idea of throwing down two turrets, affixing them to multiple surfaces, creating defensive areas for teammates to hide in. Or causing a nuclear explosion on turret deploy.

I think Salvador's gonna win out. At least for the first play-through. I do wanna try every character.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Note to self preorder from GMG when they have keys in the system. This lottery system is so frustrating! I'm hoping I'll be able to preload instead of getting a key on release.

Alex

One qualm I have from the original is the way they handle quests in multi. Like I want to stop and read it and I want to read the results, but it only gave them to the person turning them in, etc.

I hope that's fixed up a bit in 2.

Soldier is the most played class in Mass Effect by a lot, people like picking the 'safe' option. I'm expecting a lot of Zer0 also just based off appearance.

I dunno. I'm picking Zer0 just because going into stealth and getting crazy melee kills sounds like a fun alternative to shooting. If I get bored of it I just respec for Sniper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom