• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcynika

Sorry if asked already, but if I were to have the DLC and have three friends in my game without it, would it disconnect them if I traveled to the DLC area? (provided I was the host)

Lima

Sorry if asked already, but if I were to have the DLC and have three friends in my game without it, would it disconnect them if I traveled to the DLC area? (provided I was the host)

I don't think so if they have downloaded the compatibility pack.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
so im level 49, how much am i supposed to give to moxxi to get the good touch? gave about 100-150k and still nothing

Try doing it by tipping in increments of $100 instead of $1,000. That sometimes triggers it. I think the first gun is 10k. And don't just hammer on the button, I am pretty sure she was about to give me a gun another time, but a quest speech interrupted her and I never got anything.

HoosTrax

Bad Touch is a 1 time thing. You can only farm Good Touch.
This has been my experience as well. On my second character, I waited until level 50 to use her tip jar. Very first gun she gave me was a L50 Bad Touch - every single gun after that was a Good Touch.

Dunlop

Loving the dialogue in this game so much more than the first (which was already awesome)

Not digging "pugging" groups to do quests. There is always at least one person that just runs to grab all the loot while the rest of the group fights or just be a shithead and stay in a menu to prevent the group from travelling

before i head off into wildlife preservation, where can i farm my lvl40 character? starting to struggle in TVHM because of skipping sidequests

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Does anyone know if their is a show map quest mod/ini I can edit. Something that will show all the quest in the area at the same time.
Taking 2 extra minutes to plan my route is starting to take it's toll.

What would be awesome is if it also had where the secondary parts of the quest are as well.

a->b->c-> turn in a bajillion quests at once.

before i head off into wildlife preservation, where can i farm my lvl40 character? starting to struggle in TVHM because of skipping sidequests

You can try leveling in Fink's Slaughterhouse, I was stuck at lvl 39 and went in and just kept killing guys til i lvled to 41. Also, make sure to only skip side quests that give blue or better rewards. Green reward side quests are free game.

I got lucky and my first warrior kill produced a CC with the higher magazine cap variant (Scalable, I think).

Problem is it's level 30 and I'm level 38 at the moment. Gun's still a beast, though, but it's starting to be less viable.

Provided I do the popular thing and farm a bee at 50 to help myself with Terra or whatever, how important is it what level my CC is? Judging by what 50 bees look like, the damage from the actual gun is sort of....immaterial.

The reason I ask is because I dunno if I should eventually hand this gun off to another character/friend of mine, or hold on to it and avoid doing the lengthy Warrior grind at 50 to grab another.

HoosTrax

I got lucky and my first warrior kill produced a CC with the higher magazine cap variant (Scalable, I think).

Problem is it's level 30 and I'm level 38 at the moment. Gun's still a beast, though, but it's starting to be less viable.

Provided I do the popular thing and farm a bee at 50 to help myself with Terra or whatever, how important is it what level my CC is? Judging by what 50 bees look like, the damage from the actual gun is sort of....immaterial.

The reason I ask is because I dunno if I should eventually hand this gun off to another character/friend of mine, or hold on to it and avoid doing the lengthy Warrior grind at 50 to grab another.
A level 30 CC paired with a level 50 Bee will still do hilarious amounts of damage (for the exact reason you alluded to) and is perfectly viable for endgame boss farming. The main reason you may want to eventually get a level 50 CC anyway is for those situations where your shield is down, or in Fight For Your Life.

love the dialogue in this game. Entering
Hero's Pass w/ ClapTrap
might have some of the funniest lines in the game.

STAIRS?? NOOOOOOOOOOOO

yes...i'm very late in finishing this game

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hero's Pass w/ ClapTrap

STAIRS?? NOOOOOOOOOOOO

I just finished yesterday and yeah Claptraps entire bit was hilarious if you stick around for the whole thing.

I only get good touches now when I really want a bad touch...this game can be fickle

Easy way to get a Level 50 Bad Touch if you're interested:

- Create a new Level 1 character.
- As soon as you start the game, quit and save.
- Use your new Level 1 character to join the game of a friend who is Level 50.
- Have your friend trade you ~$15000.
- Go to Moxxi and start tipping her $100
- Eventually she'll give you a Level 50 Bad Touch (The level of the gun she gives scales to the player/quest level of the host).
- Go to the storage next to Clap-Trap and place the gun inside.
- Switch to your Level 50 character and retrieve the Bad Touch.

On PS3 or 360, you could probably just do this in split screen with your own Level 50 character.

Bad Touch is a 1 time thing. You can only farm Good Touch.

If you get a second controller and sign into your own game as a guest, tipping Moxxi will result in a Bad Touch that is scaled to the level of your actual character.

In other news, after farming The Warrior over 40 times in search of a Conference Call, I finally got an orange drop... which was a Flakker. Fuck.

1stStrike

Banned
Hero's Pass w/ ClapTrap

STAIRS?? NOOOOOOOOOOOO

I just finished about 15 minutes ago - quite enjoyed claptrap at the end too and I was glad to see him used some more, as there was quite a gap in between his appearances in the story. The ending wasn't bad and the warrior fight was decent. It wasn't really difficult - I just
moved between two spots and shot in the chest repeatedly with my 32k damage rocket launcher until he died.

I do wish that
there was more to Jack's end - I wanted to see the face behind the mask or get a cut scene moment with him dying.

The warrior didn't drop any oranges for me, but I got several purples and blues. I have to sift through my inventory now to discard a bunch of stuff as I'm pretty much full.

So, now that I've started TVHM mode (I did all of pt1 single player and will probably do the same with pt2) what should I expect? What's going to be different?

i.e. how do I farm bosses? I realize that I have to get through the game and unlock the areas again, but what are the time limits on respawns and stuff?

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Does anyone have a level 50 Law they would be willing to trade for some lvl 50 legendary? I've got a few rocket launchers, on torgue pistola and a few others I can part with. PS3...

galvatron

I don't think so if they have downloaded the compatibility pack.

I think that was just so that the Mechromancer can go to the games of people who haven't bought her. The DLC was 1.4 GB on xbox so that would be a major load time for someone just casually trying to jump in without owning it.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Farm Sheriff in Lynchwood. She drops Law

See... i sware to god I heard that from someone like 50 pages ago. I have trounced that broad like 15 times so far... i'm guessing it's her Rare drop then?

Also... I've been trying to farm Zafford for the Maggie for days but I can only get him to spawn once and then taking the train to lynchwood and coming back doesn't respawn him (it worked for me once and then never again) is there a trick to getting him to spawn regularly?

A level 30 CC paired with a level 50 Bee will still do hilarious amounts of damage (for the exact reason you alluded to) and is perfectly viable for endgame boss farming. The main reason you may want to eventually get a level 50 CC anyway is for those situations where your shield is down, or in Fight For Your Life.

Thanks, dude. I appreciate it.

I can then put off CC farming for the foreseeable future. Which sounds like it'll save me some effort looking at how much some of the other posters have suffered.

Danke.

xero273

See... i sware to god I heard that from someone like 50 pages ago. I have trounced that broad like 15 times so far... i'm guessing it's her Rare drop then?

Also... I've been trying to farm Zafford for the Maggie for days but I can only get him to spawn once and then taking the train to lynchwood and coming back doesn't respawn him (it worked for me once and then never again) is there a trick to getting him to spawn regularly?

if it's anything like the other farmable bosses, you should have turned in the mission. Then go back to where you fight zafford, save and quit. start the game up again and he should spawn.

H3xum

She definitely drops it, though I can't speak to how rare it is as I actually received it on my 2nd of 3 farming trips for her.

Also, just start --> quit --> continue

Everyone will be back

HoosTrax

Isn't it easier just to do the criminal lineup quest in Sanctuary at Level 50 to get the Law? Is the Sheriff's version better somehow?

Anyways, I have two of these (level 50) sitting in my vault, one with a 8 round magazine and the other with a 10 round (not that it matters since I assume people are using these with melee Zer0).

LowParry

Having to start with the DLC at lvl 40 and finish it at lvl 44 was extremely great. I really enjoyed it and it was a great side track of things with my second playthrough. Well done all around.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Isn't it easier just to do the criminal lineup quest in Sanctuary at Level 50 to get the Law? Is the Sheriff's version better somehow?

Anyways, I have two of these (level 50) sitting in my vault, one with a 8 round magazine and the other with a 10 round (not that it matters since I assume people are using these with melee Zer0).

Uh.. if you are ps3 i'd love one (prefer the 10 .. obv.)

I completed the sherrif's quest without thinking about it. So now i have a level 50 order and a level 43 Law. Besides the Law and the Maggie i've yet to hear of truly hardcore powerful legendary revolvers so... i need those two. bad.

(working on the maggie now and yes - that is the only way i've been able to get him to spawn... exit - continue - kill - exit - continue -kill ... fuckin irishman better drop that shit soon ... i'm getting tired of clowning on him and his goons over and over ... )

Lunchbox

Banned
i went into a public game and this guy dropped like 5 pink items

all the guns are shit and worse than my orange ones.

the relics cool, blood of seraph, max health+ health regen+ and it changes stats everytime you equip-deequip. like max health will go up and regen will slow, but equip it again and it will change randomly. you can keep changing it to suit your need at that moment. like high max health against bosses, high regen when running around

HoosTrax

Uh.. if you are ps3 i'd love one (prefer the 10 .. obv.)

I completed the sherrif's quest without thinking about it. So now i have a level 50 order and a level 43 Law. Besides the Law and the Maggie i've yet to hear of truly hardcore powerful legendary revolvers so... i need those two. bad.
Gah I didn't realize you were on PS3 (I'm on PC). Sorry D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom