• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insaniac

Hehehe, killed terra with my friend w/o the Bee. It was entertaining, my friend was downed and I was flung up into the air, heading off the stage, so I used my auto-res on my friend as I flew over :D

what is everyones BA rank anyway? I'm at 19k, just about to hit 20,000. I wonder what my rank will be once all the DLC comes out

Hehehe, killed terra with my friend w/o the Bee. It was entertaining, my friend was downed and I was flung up into the air, heading off the stage, so I used my auto-res on my friend as I flew over :D

what is everyones BA rank anyway? I'm at 19k, just about to hit 20,000. I wonder what my rank will be once all the DLC comes out

Only got 8k =(

My badassery just isn't up to snuff.

Just realized something

What exactly is stopping Handsome Jack from using a New-U spawn point to come back to life? Reminds me of the FFVII Phoenix down thing

Insaniac

Just realized something

What exactly is stopping Handsome Jack from using a New-U spawn point to come back to life? Reminds me of the FFVII Phoenix down thing

whats stopping handsome jack from keeping YOU from respawning? best not think about it :D

So what does that put your "bonus" stats at roughly?

Everything is around 10% right now, except melee damage which I have completely ignored.

HoosTrax

Just realized something

Yeah I decided I wasn't going to go there. Thinking about it raises too many other questions.

- Why didn't Roland just respawn?
- Why didn't Hyperion revoke your New-U rights?

Ashodin

Last night I had that weird wireless adapter issue. If you have one plugged in, it'll make the game stutter hard every second or so. I unplugged it (yes, literallly unplugged it) and it worked. So basically, the only way I can play the game is off the internet. What?

Log4Girlz

Just realized something

Plot.
he regularly knew when you were inside areas. Why not turn off respawn stations when things got dicey? They were owned by Hyperion...and he doesn't need the money lol

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Yeah I decided I wasn't going to go there. Thinking about it raises too many other questions.

- Why didn't Roland just respawn?
- Why didn't Hyperion revoke your New-U rights?

Roland's death really bothered me because of that since I played the first game as him. He died hundreds of times in that one and was fine. I could have easily just shrugged it off as U Stations not being canon if there wasn't the Kill Yourself mission that openly acknowledges that you can respawn.

Insaniac

another question for you guys, has anyone here made a relatively successful Commando build that utilizes assault rifles more than the turret in general?

Recently I've started disliking the commando more and more because of his huge reliance on his turret. Not to mention his skills are one gigantic mess. Where every other characters skill trees are relatively tightly focused on one thing, the Commandos is just all over the place

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
another question for you guys, has anyone here made a relatively successful Commando build that utilizes assault rifles more than the turret in general?

Recently I've started disliking the commando more and more because of his huge reliance on his turret. Not to mention his skills are one gigantic mess. Where every other characters skill trees are relatively tightly focused on one thing, the Commandos is just all over the place

I do but it mainly depends on what rifle you get. I seem to be more lucky than most when it comes to finding nice ARs. Metal storm is key using them well. Check out some of the blue or better Dahl Miniguns. Even though their stats are lower they feel great and the three round burst is super accurate and is baiscally a damage x3 modifier. Etech ARs are also incredible.

iNvid02

we will prob reach 20k posts by the end of next week, i think thats when you need OT2 to go up. does anybody want to make it, im rally busy right now.

Wallach

Can't you just copy/paste the entire OP? I can do it if you give me the goodies from the OP if you want.

If we're moving to OT2, we probably don't need that stuff any longer. I would just link to the OT1 OP for that, and use the OT2 OP space for information about current DLC and maybe release dates for future DLC when they're announced.

iNvid02

If we're moving to OT2, we probably don't need that stuff any longer. I would just link to the OT1 OP for that, and use the OT2 OP space for information about current DLC and maybe release dates for future DLC when they're announced.

yeah i agree with this

Alright, we're gonna need a new banner, then. I can get to work on other stuff later this week.

Also, everyone come up with a new OT2 title and let's vote for the best one.

iNvid02

Alright, we're gonna need a new banner, then. I can get to work on other stuff later this week.

cheers - i can make a new banner, take whatever you need from the OT

dont think the wall of shame will change much lol

untitled1modc.png

We beat Mr. Gee today. What a sonofabitch

Having a Gunzerker to taunt and punch him into holes is very crucial. No shooting necessary. Just stay alive and don't let holes get out of hand, if he is far from a hole have one person be the designated filler. Preferably Gunzerker because of health regen.

Pompadour

Regarding dying and the New-U stations:

I always assumed Angel hacked the station to keep you alive. However, right after Angel dies Roland dies so he can't be brought back. Now, Jack explicitly wants to kill you and threatens that anyone who beats him to it will be severely punished, meaning he's letting you still use the New-U stations.

Doesn't explain why Jack doesn't come back. However, since he tortures and murders his coworkers I'm assuming those left at Hyperion don't want him around.

-BLITZ-

Been playing around and reach Sanctuary PART II
(among clouds)
. Not for long after I've reach this part of the story, during the gameplay I finally manage to put my hands on one of those Rocket Launchers. I only got to say THANK YOU Gearbox for solving the issue with this beasts. Completely vaporise everything that is in my sight, enough with one rocket to kill an entire pack of those Hyperion Badass bots. On the other one it didn't have any kind of effect, not even on 3.000 damage.

Boderlands 2 feels exactly like the first one, like I've been playing Borderlands yesterday, fact that I haven't play it at leat from a year. That feeling of everything is going now happens the other side of the Pandora. Nothing is lost. How do you do it Gearbox ? How can you mantain it so well ? Like it never left my desk. Not only Borderlands 2 burst in your face with tens of cool new features, everything that is brought to the game, all the improvements I love them. Claptrap Dance!!!!! futher more, I'm glad how all the characters are set into the game, everyone having his own settlement and how they are connect now with Pandora and what use they have towards the game, plus having the main vault hunters in Borderlands 2 is like visiting your best buddies/pals that you haven't seen them in months.

Splendid work Gearbox, nothing to whiny about something from me. Loving the soundtrack so much, this is what made Borderlands to be so good on this part, if not the single game that it doesn't bother me when the audio is reapeated.

Playing with AXTON since I played only with Roland for Commando Class and so far everything is good. Pleasent voice and qoutes.

I really missed this game.

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
Thanks for the notes on the PC slowdown items in the new DLC. The team has been looking into it and a fix will be coming sometime next week for that most likely.

1stStrike

Banned
That feeling of everything is going now happens the other side of the Pandora. Nothing is lost. How do you do it Gearbox ? How can you mantain it so well ?

Pretty easy. Take the exact same game and add in some new content with more weapons. While I can't deny that BL2 is a good/fun game, it's certainly not groundbreaking or even really all that different from the first. They didn't really have to innovate much, if at all, with this second release.

-BLITZ-

Pretty easy. Take the exact same game and add in some new content with more weapons. While I can't deny that BL2 is a good/fun game, it's certainly not groundbreaking or even really all that different from the first. They didn't really have to innovate much, if at all, with this second release.

Usually when a game becomes a series, sometimes it goes to the buttom after their second realease (or possible third if not, but this is not the case of Borderlands) by taking out enough content to show that the first had more and to this one something is really missing or a complete change of look if they go too far. I don't want to name them out because this is not the proper topic for that. You can look into your own favorite games that went very different on their second release, third and the count goes, something that you didn't expected to happen to them.

Naite

After a bunch of failed attempts I just solo'd Hyperius in the weirdest way. I respec'd my melee Zero and split my skills between Sniping (mainly for Bore and Velocity), Cunning (overall gun and melee buffs + Deathmark), and Bloodshed and equipped a survivor class mod.

At the start I just patiently waited til they lined up, then used Bore+Bee shield+Maggie and shot them all up. Eventually just one bot was left barely alive and Hyperius still had about 70% of his health left. Then I just switched to Law and Order and did nothing but melee him while circling him. The remaining bot kept shooting missiles at me which kept my shields down for me to continuously do roid damage, and the survivor class mod gave me enough health so that nothing would instakill me. Once his health got low enough I just swapped out the survivor class mod out for a ninja one and let the Killing Blow skill completely shred apart his health.

1stStrike

Banned
Usually when a game becomes a series, sometimes it goes to the buttom after their second realease (or possible third if not, but this is not the case of Borderlands) by taking out enough content to show that the first had more and to this one something is really missing or a complete change of look if they go too far. I don't want to name them out because this is not the proper topic for that. You can look into your own favorite games that went very different on their second release, third and the count goes, something that you didn't expected to happen to them.

I have no idea what you're getting at - your thoughts are very disjointed, which shows in your typing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom