• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunder

I've been farming BNK-3R for two days and I still don't have the Space Knight head. Feels bad man.

Thinking about farming this dude, but I still have bad memories from my solo experience, is there a strat to kill him really fast, other than Bee + X? like a spot to shoot or whatever?

Orgun

Thinking about farming this dude, but I still have bad memories from my solo experience, is there a strat to kill him really fast, other than Bee + X? like a spot to shoot or whatever?

For my solo I just found a ridiculous rocket launcher (dont normally use them) and just let em rip. Took him down quite quickly.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Not a fan of begging but does anybody have a spare level 30 or so conference call they could give me on Steam later tonight? Don't really have much worth trading since I haven't beat TVHM or gotten to level 50 yet, but it's been getting REALLY old killing The Warrior over and over for hours on end with no legendary drops at all (much less the one I actually want).

Shoot its eye whenever they are are open. If you've got a Zer0 you can use B0re pretty easily and hit the games damage cap. The biggest issue with Bunker farming is that despite however fast kill Bunker it has like a 45 second death process.

abundant

My level 50 Siren is Walking Death. I have a relic that gives me 26% reduction on my Action Skill cooldown and a class mod that gives 21% reduction too, so now I can Phaselock every six seconds. Level 50 Good Touch + Chain Reaction + Ruin makes it so easy to mow down large mobs. I can take out 4 enemies with just one Phaselock.

Xanathus

Another fast way to kill it is to use a Zero with the Bore skill, if you hit it at the right spot from the right angle it will almost instantly kill it, no Bee required. It's tricky to line up the shot, look it up on youtube.

Wunder

Thanks for the responses guys! Might try a few (hundred) kills tomorrow, see if I get anything yummy. Really fed up with not getting a Conf Call off the big guy so I think I might do the rounds and grab a Maggie/Slagga and some other stuff.

Anyone else notice that the sound source for the passenger machine gun on the skiff in the pirate DLC is misplaced? As you rotate the gun, the sound stays put in a fixed location and it rotates from right to left in your ear as you point the thing towards to the stern.

Very, very weird sounding when you've got a decent sound setup.

He's nothing. When he spawns he'll post up on either the left or right hand side of the lower ring. If you see him flying in the distance when his health bar comes up that means he'll be on the left side. There's a stack of crates to use as cover on each side until he is flying right above you. With a 50 Bee and 50 Critical Corrosive CC he's dead before my clip runs out. The whole process takes like 45 seconds to a minute.

Xevren said:
Which platform are you on? Think I may have one in my bank.
I'm on 360. I'm sure I could find something to dupe for you in return. Got a good stash of legendaries.

easy way for Bunker - go to the lower level by the vending machines (but anywhere theres an opening should work. he'll generally come around to your side, but everything he shoots will hit the top level. you shouldn't take any damage.

Depending on your setup shouldn't take much time.

do you guys suggest i get ruin or blight phoenix? i feel like its useless..

currently have

ward 5/5
accelerate 4/5
suspension 6/5

minds eye 2/5
sweet release 5/5
wreck 5/5
res 1/1
elated 3/5

flicker 4/5
foresight 5/5
helios 5/5
backdraft 1/1
repeaer 8/5

Woo-Fu

Banned

If you are playing zer0 with b0re he goes down in 1 hit due to the bug. Just aim for one of his guns, it'll pass through because of b0re and then get stuck inside bouncing around till bunk3r dies.

currently have

ward 5/5
accelerate 4/5
suspension 6/5

minds eye 2/5
sweet release 5/5
wreck 5/5
res 1/1
elated 3/5

flicker 4/5
foresight 5/5
helios 5/5
backdraft 1/1
repeaer 8/5

how many points you have left? Ruin only takes 1 while Blight Phoenix can take < 5, right? i would say Ruin though. especially if you have converge as well

how many points you have left? Ruin only takes 1 while Blight Phoenix can take < 5, right? i would say Ruin though. especially if you have converge as well

im maxed out already. :)

i have +4 for suspension and +5 for reaper. im not trying to be a 'healer' or 'tank' or whatever people call it. i just wanna be an all around guy. do some damage while being able to revive my friend hence me getting res.

i feel like now that i have the bee, my elements are useless. which is making me not get ruin or blight anymore hahaha

im maxed out already. :)

i have +4 for suspension and +5 for reaper. im not trying to be a 'healer' or 'tank' or whatever people call it. i just wanna be an all around guy. do some damage while being able to revive my friend hence me getting res.

i feel like now that i have the bee, my elements are useless. which is making me not get ruin or blight anymore hahaha

if you arn't using elements, then having points in flicker isn't going to help much. IMO it doesn't help much anyway...maybe adds a couple more % points, but not worth 4 points you have in.

could drop those points an add to ruin/blight.

just my 2 cents

if you arn't using elements, then having points in flicker isn't going to help much. IMO it doesn't help much anyway...maybe adds a couple more % points, but not worth 4 points you have in.

could drop those points an add to ruin/blight.

just my 2 cents

thanks for the advice! lemme try fixing it up then. :)

and yes, i use elements. i only use guns with elements actually. haha

Xevren

He's nothing. When he spawns he'll post up on either the left or right hand side of the lower ring. If you see him flying in the distance when his health bar comes up that means he'll be on the left side. There's a stack of crates to use as cover on each side until he is flying right above you. With a 50 Bee and 50 Critical Corrosive CC he's dead before my clip runs out. The whole process takes like 45 seconds to a minute.

I'm on 360. I'm sure I could find something to dupe for you in return. Got a good stash of legendaries.

Send me a friend request, GT is Xevren11. I'll throw it on one of my characters for you so just yell at me when you see me online.

thanks for the advice! lemme try fixing it up then. :)

and yes, i use elements. i only use guns with elements actually. haha

ohhhh my bad. but flicker is still a waste IMO.

see, it doesn't ADD 5% to the elemental chance.....it increases the chance by 5% based on what it was.

so 15% chance doesn't become 20%.....it becomes 15.75%. not worth it in my opinion

CTE

If you are playing zer0 with b0re he goes down in 1 hit due to the bug. Just aim for one of his guns, it'll pass through because of b0re and then get stuck inside bouncing around till bunk3r dies.

This works. Got him with my Baby Maker on a reload in that spot and he went down instantly.

Insaniac

currently have

ward 5/5
accelerate 4/5
suspension 6/5

minds eye 2/5
sweet release 5/5
wreck 5/5
res 1/1
elated 3/5

flicker 4/5
foresight 5/5
helios 5/5
backdraft 1/1
repeaer 8/5

get Ruin and never look back. also I suggest Immolate. Even though it is a "downed" skill, it has saved me SO many times its ridiculous

ohhhh my bad. but flicker is still a waste IMO.

see, it doesn't ADD 5% to the elemental chance.....it increases the chance by 5% based on what it was.

so 15% chance doesn't become 20%.....it becomes 15.75%. not worth it in my opinion

whuuuut? :|

so if a guns elemental chance is 15% it doesnt become 20%?! thats so damn pointless..

get Ruin and never look back. also I suggest Immolate. Even though it is a "downed" skill, it has saved me SO many times its ridiculous

yup, i got ruin. just took some stuff out. will post it later. :)

btw. guys, how hard is it to get the legendary siren class mod? :p

BLU-82

Not a fan of begging but does anybody have a spare level 30 or so conference call they could give me on Steam later tonight? Don't really have much worth trading since I haven't beat TVHM or gotten to level 50 yet, but it's been getting REALLY old killing The Warrior over and over for hours on end with no legendary drops at all (much less the one I actually want).

Yea I do actually. I made a point of getting one for my TVHM playthrough with gaige. Kept it for future characters. It seems to last quite well even without bee shield.
Also, I have level 27 bee shield and 24 or something slagger. (which in combo with bee helps massively in TVHM)

Steam : Repulsar

tatsuki

It's a problem I have, an addiction :(
I do the same exact thing. I've got tons of skins and heads just sitting on dummy characters >.<
_

I just farmed the
leviathan chests
25 times. It seems like a good place to find legendary guns rather quick.

iB5HRQdzMZGiR.JPG

iBGIirji5ttfh.JPG

iba1YUO55jTzwK.JPG

ibePCJV5e0AS1h.JPG

iC57zPDJWthIE.JPG

I also walked away with a lot of e-tech weapons as well.

Duallusion

I didn't get a single orange in DLC. Those chests in the end didn't even had the decency to give a single purple! Fuck this shit, seriously. There should be another mechanic, besides pure chance procentages. If some poor fuck down on his luck in life didn't get a single orange in, I dunno, 20 hours of playtime (walking around, kiling enemies, doing quests etc. so you can't cheat it), the game should fucking give you an orange. Especially when you kill a boss. Warrior shouldn't even bother droping whites, ffs.

Also, fuck so-called raid bosses. If I wan't to solo the whole game, I should be able to. Give me lesser loot, whatever, but it should be doable without resorting to very specific builds or glitches.

Serious question: How/where are you getting Orange (or even Purple) weapons? I'm on my second playthrough, waiting at the gates of the final boss, and have yet to get a single Orange and have yet to get the easy Bronze trophy for equipping Purple weapons as I have yet to get enough of them to fulfill the requirement.

This playthrough I've been putting off the weapon reward quest until TVHM, so it's made things even more frustrating. Am I doomed to playing the odds and finding random co-op players who aren't total asshats?

Maybe it's time to go PC for this game...

Fake Edit: I loved BL1, but despite being overall a better game, why is BL2 making it so hard for me to like it? *Sigh*

warpbackspin

Neo Member
Noticed a weird weapon bug. Been farming Mick Zafford for Maggie, and twice now I got the box with Gwen's Head to spawn right there. Both times I've looked at and picked up the gun into one of my main weapon slots it's stats shown a +75% crit bonus, but the second I toss it in my inventory it drops down to +38% crit. Reequipping it doesn't bring it back up so I'm not sure what's going on there...?

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Yea I do actually. I made a point of getting one for my TVHM playthrough with gaige. Kept it for future characters. It seems to last quite well even without bee shield.
Also, I have level 27 bee shield and 24 or something slagger. (which in combo with bee helps massively in TVHM)

Steam : Repulsar

Cool, I'll message you when I get on later tonight. I already have a couple of bees. What's a slagger? I'm assuming you mean some specific weapon that has the slag element?

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Is there a trick or best place to get a Chubby to show up? That's like the last achievement I need.

Serious question: How/where are you getting Orange (or even Purple) weapons? I'm on my second playthrough, waiting at the gates of the final boss, and have yet to get a single Orange and have yet to get the easy Bronze trophy for equipping Purple weapons as I have yet to get enough of them to fulfill the requirement.

I guess I'm lucky, but I found an Orange in just a random post-boss chest. (Warden maybe?)

Kyoufu

Is there a trick or best place to get a Chubby to show up? That's like the last achievement I need.

Best place is the arena dome place in highlands I think. The one with the waves of Skags and stuff. Had enough Chubbies spawn to get the trophy for me and my co-op buddies.

Is there a source somewhere stating that the proc chance stacks are multiplicative instead of additive? Because this doesn't seem that way, but maybe I'm imagining shit since I haven't done any sort of real testing.

I just farmed the
leviathan chests
25 times. It seems like a good place to find legendary guns rather quick.

Sorry, what farm method is this? Can you elaborate?

Deitus

whuuuut? :|

so if a guns elemental chance is 15% it doesnt become 20%?! thats so damn pointless..

Flicker does as advertized, people just misunderstand the description and assume it is massively overpowered.

At 5 points, Flicker increases your chance of causing elemental effects by 30%. This means you cause elemental effects 30% more often. This does not mean that a weapon with 15% elemental effect chance will now have 45%, as that would be a 200% increase, not a 30% one.

What I haven't seen confirmation on is if the same elemental effect can stack multiple times in intensity (i.e. lighting someone on fire twice causes them to take twice as much damage per second from the burning effect), or if it simply re-applies the same burning effect. In the former case, flicker would effectively increase you damage per second due to elemental effects by 30% (though how much it impacts your total damage output would depend on how much damage you do per second from bullet damage vs. the dps of the elemental effect). In the latter case, Flicker would effectively be useless, because any decent elemental SMG is going to be able to cause a DOT effect within half a second most of the time, and doing it .1 seconds faster has no major impact on killing speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom