• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doorman

some new codes tweeted a minute ago

Thanks! Got myself another gold key. :D

Still not sure when it ever feels "right" to use them, though. I have 4 now and they've fallen into that RPG pit of "I'll save it for now in case I need one later!" problem. At this rate I won't even end up popping a single one until like level 45. :\

KarmaCow

Did all these new patches affect the performance of the game? I'm frequently dropping to 30 FPS now when I was locked at 60 most of the time before the Mechromancer patch.

Thanks! Got myself another gold key. :D

Still not sure when it ever feels "right" to use them, though. I have 4 now and they've fallen into that RPG pit of "I'll save it for now in case I need one later!" problem. At this rate I won't even end up popping a single one until like level 45. :\

Just use it. I saved 10 of them, used them all at level 50 and ended up selling everything from those chests because they were mostly meh.

Dingotech

I finished the main game on playthrough 1 last night at level 34.
Started the Pirate DLC this morning and played the first few quests.

The problem is all the enemies and quests are only scaled to level 30? Is there a way I can get the DLC to scale up to my current level (35)? Should I just go back and start playing TVHM?

I was hoping to use the DLC to level up a bit before I started TVHM playthrough 2, but at the moment I'm getting terrible XP.

sflufan

Banned
Did all these new patches affect the performance of the game? I'm frequently dropping to 30 FPS now when I was locked at 60 most of the time before the Mechromancer patch.

Are you on the PC and using PhysX?

If so, there is a PhysX issue with the new Captain Scarlett DLC that nVidia and Gearbox are working on a fix for.

DSmalls84

Anyone on 360 have an extra lvl 50 CC they can give or copy for me? I have seriously been farming off and on for a week and found every orange warrior drops but that.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
You know instead of this code bullshit I really wish they would just deliver a key to you. As a thanks for continuing to play the game.

Vodh

You know instead of this code bullshit I really wish they would just deliver a key to you. As a thanks for continuing to play the game.

This. Love the game, but seriously, especially after saying they wouldn't like to punish people for not using certain social media sites when it comes to keys - I don't give enough of a fuck to scan this thread every hour looking for key codes, so for me the end result is just seeing a bunch of expired codes every now and then. Not like it technically hurts me in any way, but I guess getting a 'well, yeah, fuck you' reaction isn't what they were going for.

Parakeetman

It wouldnt be as much of an issue (as much as I hate the idea as a whole) if they didnt put limits on the codes. As stated above the whole expiration part and going through the PITA process of inputting it only to find out it does work is a nice big fuck you to the end user.

On a side note, those who go through the trouble to post the codes here to share with everyone else, its very cool that you all are doing that and is much appreciated by everyone!

Vodh

On a side note, those who go through the trouble to post the codes here to share with everyone else, its very cool that you all are doing that and is much appreciated by everyone!

Yeah, just to clarify, it was a general rant against GBX's key distribution strategies, nothing else.

To everyone who quotes the codes in this thread: Thanks, keep up the good work, I'm sure a lot of GAFfers have gotten some nice purples thanks to you :)

Parakeetman

Man I remember using my key with my buddy on the 360. We walk up to the box. Open it and what pops out? 2 useless purple shields...

Talk about hammer to the cock D:

This. Love the game, but seriously, especially after saying they wouldn't like to punish people for not using certain social media sites when it comes to keys - I don't give enough of a fuck to scan this thread every hour looking for key codes, so for me the end result is just seeing a bunch of expired codes every now and then. Not like it technically hurts me in any way, but I guess getting a 'well, yeah, fuck you' reaction isn't what they were going for.

I just have SMS alerts enabled on the two twitter accounts they use to give out codes. was playing XCOM, got a text, switched over to Borderlands and redeemed the code. The keys don't seem too important anyway, I have 15 of them right now and i've used like 4 and only got 2 guns that were worth using over what I already had

Also I just copy and paste the codes straight from twitter into the redemption box ingame. No need to actually type the whole code in. It does seem like you have to mash ctrl-V a bunch of times before the code actually gets entered in though

Zeth

Using my first golden key. Any way to exploit it? Or do I just keep these 2 shit grenades when I need a gun? :( Oh well, saving next one for later.

Parakeetman

Using my first golden key. Any way to exploit it? Or do I just keep these 2 shit grenades when I need a gun? :( Oh well, saving next one for later.

On the PC there used to be an exploit but I think it got patched. Not sure what PC folks are doing now though.

Kyoufu

Just upload your save file to the cloud (profile save) then use your keys. Keep the shit you like then download your profile save from the cloud. Rinse and repeat.

It would be nice if they had a system where if you simply loaded up BL2 during a specific timeframe, you would have key added to your account. Ex: "Play Borderlands 2 online between October 23rd-25th to earn a golden key!" The code system is a little convoluted, I agree.

Inskipp

Any tips for Phase 2 of
Hyperius
? His EMP blast is destroying our team. We have a Gunzerker, Siren and Commando.
Get the phalanx shield on commando's turret, you wont be affected by the EMP- blast at all when you're inside the shield. I'd recommend that your commando also gets Gemini (double turrets), so you can toss up another shield in case the first one breaks (missiles and whatnot.)

Some things I'm looking to trade: (PC)

xmpfL.jpg

Pp6bf.jpg

0qel5.jpg

f17RQ.jpg

I'm interested in a legendary commando mod (not Terra's), any nice purple/orange cool-down relic, feel free to suggest any orange weapons/other stuff you might have, I'd like a nice legendary AR or sniper too maybe.

*Sentry Engineer stuff would be cool too.

PM me!

one_kill

Just making another post asking if someone would be nice enough to duplicate me a level 50 CC on PS3 :)
I really want to farm Terra without doing it coop

Wonderful, on PC version I joined a friend and couldn't sell any inventory items (Would only let me select equipped items) so I quit and join back, infinite loading screen...ffs.

BigDug13

Yea sorry, I'm on PC but I've always had physics to low though I guess it's still using PhysX.

You can't go any lower than low. Low is the bare minimum physics you need to run the game. It's the same setting that the consoles run on without needing any sort of Nvidia hardware. It's not really using "PhysX" at that setting. It's just the standard game amount of physics effects.

Wunder

Any tips for Phase 2 of
Hyperius
? His EMP blast is destroying our team. We have a Gunzerker, Siren and Commando.

Yeah like Inskipp suggested, Phalanx shield is a must on your Commando and make sure he throws it out at the right time. Siren gets res and any +hp things like Restoration and Sustenance, any hp regen is great in this fight. Gunzerker can do a lot of things but I'd recommend maybe going down Brawn and getting Gunzerk as your HP recovery, so if you miss out on Axton's shield you can always sustain the hits yourself.

Once you have those things going for you it should be relatively simple, just make sure you keep kiting him in phase 2.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Apologies to post same thing again,

PS3 Zero 21 here

Seeking for powerful people who can help me to leveling up to 31 easily. I would appreciate it a lot if someone do.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hey guys, I'm playing TVHM right now. I should only skip quest weapon rewards that are blue or higher, right? Cause those are unique? So it's safe to do quests with green weapon rewards until level 50 right?

Wallach

Hey guys, I'm playing TVHM right now. I should only skip quest weapon rewards that are blue or higher, right? Cause those are unique? So it's safe to do quests with green weapon rewards until level 50 right?

For sure. Even the ones with blue rewards you shouldn't bother skipping unless you really think you'd use the reward at 50 for some reason (like a Zer0 who might use Order shield or something). There's really not many worth taking up an inventory slot even if they are one-shot rewards.

Yep. The greens won't ever be that good, so its not worth it to skip them.

Shit, so glad we got a golden key. I'm finding that my best weapons are all greens (albeit they do tons of damage) but I need some purps back in my life. Gonna pick up moxxis smg and open my box right away.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
For sure. Even the ones with blue rewards you shouldn't bother skipping unless you really think you'd use the reward at 50 for some reason (like a Zer0 who might use Order shield or something). There's really not many worth taking up an inventory slot even if they are one-shot rewards.
Any notable rewards or weapons that are good to save for level 50? Is there a list anywhere?

I agree I don't think it's worth saving everything but I don't know what would likely come out as useful at level 50 amongst legendaries.

Anyone playing on PC interested in trading for a Neogenator?

No need for it anymore after getting an Evolution to drop from Master Gee. Looking specifically for a corrosive Bitch or Infinity. If you're interested shoot me a PM.

Whoa, what does that shield do? How about Evolution? I think I have a corrosive Bitch or Infinity.

Whoa, what does that shield do? How about Evolution? I think I have a corrosive Bitch or Infinity.

Regens health when your shield is partially depleted. The less shield you have, the higher the rate of health regen. Health regen stops when shield is completely depleted, though. The Evolution is a seraph shield that is essentially just like the Neogenator, but I only need one and I'd prefer the seraph one (first seraph item).

Here's the Evolution I found, BTW:

Master Gee dropped this and a Storm Front with four of us playing. Overall there was a crazy amount of loot, easily the most I've ever seen drop from one enemy in this game. He dropped no seraph crystals but the fact that he can drop any legandary or seraph item makes him worth farming for ~10 minutes per kill.

BHK3

Banned
IDK if duping is looked down upon here but I got a friend in need of some things, he's also willing to trade.

He needs a skin called Dahl predator(assassin class) and two SMG's. The Baby maker and the emperor.

His save file got corrupted in some freak accident and lost some stuff, he's on Xbox and his Gamertag is Stipy

He would really appreciate the help

Parakeetman

Yeah, the suicide bots will come up to the door and not come into the container. They might jump around a bit or explode on the top of the container, but as long as you're inside, it's all good.

The repair bots are probably the hardest to deal with because they come in a swarm. I just watched the radar and picked off the ones that would separate from the pack and fly out over the arena that I could see from the door.

And there is one mob that comes out like you mentioned that has a powerful gun...sometimes slag, sometimes electric elemental. Sometimes it was a bot for me, but most of the time it was a human mob with a rocket launcher that would cheese kill me like that.

I used Zero at level 34 or so when I did the arena. Using the container method, I only dies if I got overzealous or improperly timed a run to go grab some drops or ammo. It might still take you a couple times to smooth out a technique as you learn how the mobs act around the container.

Oh, and the humans (snipers and such) will pop around the corner and fire into the container, but for some reason will pop back after firing only a couple of shots and then stand around outside waiting to be brutalized.

Btw I managed to get to the final round, but then it just got stupid and was pretty much SOL with no ammo. They just dont drop enough period. Did something stupid and got hit by a bunch of splash damage and couldnt make up the damage in time to get a revive.

The sniper build works great till the final round. Since usually by then am almost dry on useful ammo.

Might have to farm a chest to grab some other fall back weapon types. But for the most part ARs are useless unless you are the gunzerker and double up. Using the shotgun on the robots are suicide, since it requires you to get up close and personal, where they have a huge advantage in the final round.

Spirit3

Is this good because it lets me take down the Warrior is less than 5 minutes?

Sniper, 17k damage, 94 accuracy, 4.8 fire rate, 22 magazine size, 3605 corrosive damage, 30% chance to corrode and 120% crit hit damage.

Or are they even better drops than this one? Just seems insane I can solo the Warrior with this sniper in under 5 minutes after just struggling to take him him in less than 30 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom