• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

Finally got something out of those chests. Is this the same as what Vermi drops?

3330630CF3803AA44C69FB94AFC072F166DE8F79

Suddenly having an issue trying to connect with a coop buddy I've had no issues playing with before. I've validated my local file cache and every time 1 file fails and has to be re-acquired.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Suddenly having an issue trying to connect with a coop buddy I've had no issues playing with before. I've validated my local file cache and every time 1 file fails and has to be re-acquired.

From what I saw on the official forums seems like folks are having all sorts of different issues with the latest patch.

With what you have said in your post am guessing its the PC version you are running?

Wunder

cheers - i can make a new banner, take whatever you need from the OT

dont think the wall of shame will change much lol

untitled1modc.png

FINALLY! I made it into top 25. In other news, what do you guys think of that new DLC info/speculation? Seems incredibly fast.

Gorillaz

level 39 TVHM...just started pirate DLC

Should I still avoid side missions till level 50? Even for this DLC?
Cause Im kind of interested in them

Aurongel

Aaaand I'm done for a while, lost a whole bunch of time today farming the Warrior for a CC but to no avail. I'd like to slay Terramorphous at least once before starting the DLC...

Aurongel

If you're on PC I can take you to Terra.

I can reach him fine; hell, I can even get his health down to 2/3 solo. The only reason I'm farming for the CC is so I can combine it with my Bee and solo Terra myself.

I've beaten both playthroughs completely solo, guess I'm just stubborn like that :p

so guys, im a level 50 siren. and a crappy one at that. where can i go to farm weapons and whatnot? i wanna try farming for the bee, but i feel like hunter is gonna be too hard for me alone.

Well I finally beat the game on play-through 1 and while it is definitely my GOTY and better than BL1 in almost every aspect its still not perfect so I just wanted to share a few complaints I have about the game.

• The only big gripe I have about the game is the in-game "economy" for lack of a better word. The bottom line is that currency is basically worthless.

To start off why are there 2 forms of currency when 1 is only used to get the other (farming slot machines for eridium) and at some point once you get all the upgrades you can with eridium then they both become worthless. I was fine with only having 1 form of currency in BL1, and being able to buy the ammo capacity upgrades as well as everything else with that.

I could live with having 2 forms of currency tho, the main problem is just how worthless the money itself is. Giving them the benefit of a doubt, lets say up to level 5 you actually buy a handful of white items from the shops, once you get around to that level you are never going to buy another white item again because they are found so often through-out the game which basically makes 90% of the items in the shops for the entire rest of the game just taking up space with no real purpose. I personally don't think I ever bought a single white item except a shield at the beginning.

In my opinion the shops should have a lot better stuff with green rarity being the minimum even if they cost 2 or 3 times as much as they currently do, it would make getting and saving money in the game actually rewarding and useful.

I would go so far as to say that there should be brand specific shops scattered around the game because of how unique each brand is in BL2 there are 1 or 2 that I avoid because I dont like certain things about them, so it would be nice to know that once i saved up $500,000 or whatever that I could go to my favorite brand shop and and actually get something worthwhile with my hard earned money.

There are other ways they could make currency more valuable as well, for example I've found that playing the commando class and trying to stick to assault rifles can kinda suck at times because when i finally find an AR that I like the chances of seeing one that I will like better within the next 10 levels are pretty slim so I think it would be cool if you could buy minor upgrades for your guns to a certain extent just to give them a little more life if you haven't found anything you like better after you have been using the thing for 10 levels. I'm sure they could come up with all kinds of creative ways to make money more useful and valuable in the game.

As it stands right now when I open a box of money I'm thinking "why am I even wasting time opening these and collecting money when there is nothing to do with it" when I should be thinking "yes more money! only x more to go before I can do this or buy that"

now that my main gripe is aside the rest are just small things

• I feel that the menu UI in some ways favors form over function. Sure it looks nice, and it is cool seeing your character as he is looking at his shit, but I thought browsing my inventory and stores was easier in BL1 and even then it wasn't perfect

• The transfer bank or whatever its called that gives you 4 slots to exchange guns with all of your characters just seems like an unnecessary step to me. Why not just make your main bank able to do this, you can still exchange however many items you want only the way it stands now you have to get 4 items, exchange them with your other character, go back get 4 more items and so on. Just save a step and make the main bank accessible from all your characters

• On the subject of the bank, I do not see why the space is so limited on them. I can live with your backpack only having 27 slots even tho thats a random number, why not just make it an even 30? But I think your bank should have a lot more storage room and a better UI to view/manage all your loot.

• I hate all E-tech weapons

I think there was 1 or 2 more i had on my mind but the urge to play is rising so that is all for now

Aurongel

so guys, im a level 50 siren. and a crappy one at that. where can i go to farm weapons and whatnot? i wanna try farming for the bee, but i feel like hunter is gonna be too hard for me alone.

He's really not too bad if you waste him before Hyperion sends in loader reinforcements. When I farmed him I opened his door and lined up a good headshot with my strongest rifle and that was able to do the trick pretty fast. It took me maybe 40-50 minutes of farming to get it to drop finally. After that, farming bosses like the Warrior becomes MUCH more manageable. A few runs on the warrior alone will net you some good new sets of purple loot.

He's really not too bad if you waste him before Hyperion sends in loader reinforcements. When I farmed him I opened his door and lined up a good headshot with my strongest rifle and that was able to do the trick pretty fast. It took me maybe 40-50 minutes of farming to get it to drop finally. After that, farming bosses like the Warrior becomes MUCH more manageable. A few runs on the warrior alone will net you some good new sets of purple loot.

so before farming terra/vermivorous(?)/warrior i should first get the bee? was thinking of doing this.

my guns suck as hell. i just have a level 50 good touch. =,= not sure if its enough for hunter.

Unicorn

I'd really like to see the ability to level up orange/pearl guns in BL3, kinda like how possessed weapons work in Darksiders 2.
I'd like a rune system like Diablo, but mixbit with the artifacts from BL1. So I can put a corrosive artifact in my jakobs shotty or have fire and shock on a Maliwan. Or artifacts that alter bullet behavior. Tornado bullets, mirv bullets, hell even some talking bullets like in Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
"why's your skull so soft, varmint?!"
"your charred flesh is delicious! "
" you look shocked to see me. "

I'd like a rune system like Diablo, but mixbit with the artifacts from BL1. So I can put a corrosive artifact in my jakobs shotty or have fire and shock on a Maliwan. Or artifacts that alter bullet behavior. Tornado bullets, mirv bullets, he'll even some talking bullets like in Who Frames Roger Rabbit.
"why's your skull so soft, varmint?!"
"your charred flesh is delicious! "
" you look shocked to see me. "

That would be awesome, lol

Aurongel

so before farming terra/vermivorous(?)/warrior i should first get the bee? was thinking of doing this.

my guns suck as hell. i just have a level 50 good touch. =,= not sure if its enough for hunter.

If you're going solo, The Bee makes things far, FAR easier as long as you hang back and have a good rifle handy. I just barely scraped through my TVHM playthrough solo, I had to cheese the last boss by hiding behind a crate on one of the lava peninsulas taking potshots at the sucker for almost 50 minutes. Once I got The Bee and started farming the warrior, I then found that I was getting awesome new sets of purple loot.

I can't say much about Terra though, fought him once with a crummy shotgun and the bee and he smoked me pretty fast. I'm still farming the final boss for a Conference Call so I can solo Terra but so far it's just been wasted time. Vermivorous isn't really a farmable boss from what I've heard, his spawn rate is so inconsistent it makes him tough to find.

If you're going solo, The Bee makes things far, FAR easier as long as you hang back and have a good rifle handy. I just barely scraped through my TVHM playthrough solo, I had to cheese the last boss by hiding behind a crate on one of the lava peninsulas taking potshots at the sucker for almost 50 minutes. Once I got The Bee and started farming the warrior, I then found that I was getting awesome new sets of purple loot.

I can't say much about Terra though, fought him once with a crummy shotgun and the bee and he smoked me pretty fast. I'm still farming the final boss for a Conference Call so I can solo Terra but so far it's just been wasted time. Vermivorous isn't really a farmable boss from what I've heard, his spawn rate is so inconsistent it makes him tough to find.

im playing with a buddy. :) our plan is to farm hunter for the bee, then farm scorch for hellfire and warrior for CC then find better class mods and whatnot then head for terra.

should be an exciting week. :p

Edgeward

Does the Vault Hunter Relic increase the chances of only blues or also purples and above? I seem to be only getting more blues with it on as I'm farming the Warrior.

Goon Boon

Banned
Does the Vault Hunter Relic increase the chances of only blues or also purples and above? I seem to be only getting more blues with it on as I'm farming the Warrior.

Unless they changed it with the dlc, all it does is increased chance of turning whites into greens, no additional blues or purples or oranges. When they pumped up the % to like 1000* the normal shit using cheatengine.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I think they nerfed Flesh-Stick respawn. I tried to grind myself to level 18/19 but after 10th death. He stopped respawn.

Edited: False Alarm, my game glitched out. Quit fixed the issues.

What is this list and why am I on it?

It's a wall of sexy.

So is CC the best gun in the game? im more of an SMG guy and I fear that the hellfire isn't that great. how is it exactly? im using a siren. :)

Slagga is a beast SMG. Awesome fire rate, huge ass magazine clip, one bullet = 3 shots. As a Siren, once you slag them fools with the Slagga, Ruin their asses to oblivion.

It's a wall of sexy.

Slagga is a beast SMG. Awesome fire rate, huge ass magazine clip, one bullet = 3 shots. As a Siren, once you slag them fools with the Slagga, Ruin their asses to oblivion.

nice. haha, youtubed it and the first vid that popped up was yours. :) not sure if i finished clan wars tho. :|

you know, i dont really know how to use slag weapons. after you slag them, you change weapons then kick their asses right?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Level 50 Moxxi SMGs are godly with the elemental lifesteal. I havent gotten it yet, but im guessing elemental Bitches are really good too, especially since I believe the internal stabilizers work in fight for your life.

If you're on PC I've got an extra level 50 Slagga I can drop for you. I've got a couple of other SMGs like the Bitch and Baby Maker that I don't use.

nice. haha, youtubed it and the first vid that popped up was yours. :) not sure if i finished clan wars tho. :|

you know, i dont really know how to use slag weapons. after you slag them, you change weapons then kick their asses right?

Slag increases all other damage done by double its normal amount, so yes - switch to a different elemental weapon after you've slagged your enemies. Or just use Ruin on them too =)

If you're on PC I've got an extra level 50 Slagga I can drop for you. I've got a couple of other SMGs like the Bitch and Baby Maker that I don't use.

sadly im on the ps3. :( thanks for the offer tho. :)

Level 50 Moxxi SMGs are godly with the elemental lifesteal. I havent gotten it yet, but im guessing elemental Bitches are really good too, especially since I believe the internal stabilizers work in fight for your life.

i missed out on the level 50 bad touch. didnt know that this couldnt be repeated. :| any way around this?

my smg right now, which is my stronggest gun is moxxis good touch. i think the fire damage is 4500-4800. the rest of my elemental smgs are mehh. think its enough to start farming for better guns? anyone has a spare smg that i can have to give me an 'edge' for when i farm? :)

Autofokus

Does anyone know if the savegames of the retail and PSN version (same region) are compatible? I have 2 retail copies, playing with my wife co-op and thought of switching to the digital version which I could install on both machines.

Dizzy-4U

Well, I started the DLC today and I had to stop 5 minutes in. Performance is so bad on PC right now, the game literally freezes for half a second every time I shoot.

I'll wait for the patch, hurry up Gearbox.

-BLITZ-

So where are those chests you can repeatedly grab loot from? I haven't come across them.

Compare to Borderlands where you could find them anywhere, I can tell they are quite rare now, scattered only to each location you can find on the map and mostly filled with bandits usually at top of houses or buldings or hidden in corners. I don't think I've encounter more than 15 through my journey. At the moment I'm at
Flying Sanctuary
I think they set them only to specific locations. For now I still have to travel by car or foot in order to re-open a chest since the difference between fast travel and chest are a bit far.

Well, I started the DLC today and I had to stop 5 minutes in. Performance is so bad on PC right now, the game literally freezes for half a second every time I shoot.

I'll wait for the patch, hurry up Gearbox.

I played through the entire DLC with little to no issues, aside from some weird rendering issue involving highlights and a few enemies and chests. I attributed that to potentially needing a new video driver.

one_kill

Has anyone else come across a blue ranked gun called 'Wild Cannon'? A level 50 is worth $150,000+ but it doesn't seem particularly special.

There's also a 'Boss Cannon'. Not sure which one is better since I found one at level 30-something. It was worth $88,000. Also not sure what's so special about it.

Also, I finally got my first legendary weapon:
http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Flakker

This is getting out of hand.

The amount of time I have spent in this game is above 70 hours and I am still hooked. I have to put this game on a hold because I can not even play Dishonored or any of the other future released games like Halo 4, AC3 and FC3.

This is getting out of hand.

The amount of time I have spent in this game is above 70 hours and I am still hooked. I have to put this game on a hold because I can not even play Dishonored or any of the other future released games like Halo 4, AC3 and FC3.

I've given up on playing any other games this year, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom