• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you kill the final DLC's boss you save and quit, make a copy of that character's save file, go back in the game, loot chests, and if you find anything worth keeping, you deliver it to the sanctuary's stash, have another character pick it up, log out of the game, copy that backup save, overwrite the main save and repeat the process.

It sounds more complicated/time-consuming then it is.

Does this work on 360? I imagine the concept is the same but I'll need a USB stick or something.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thanks.

I take any other references to other games are more indirect and unnofficial then?
Dark Souls is the one that I can think of off the top of my head. I'm positive there's many more though.

This game has so much in it I have difficulty describing why its so awesome to people.

Cool thanks.

Is there a decent orange rocket launcher that is farmable?

I need something to tear through the warrior.

all the oranges are farmable. it's just a question of how long it'll take.

that said, I wouldn't bother seriously farming until you farm a Bee. Just makes the boss farming process go much faster. Even then, expect to farm for hours before you get all the orange items you want.

Unicorn

Anyone have a good tip or solution to legitimately level up quicker? Either playthrough 1 or 2?
Honestly, I think grinding on story missions (clearing an area, saving, reloading) is what to do first, then once complete with the story, If you are still in need of levels, do those side quests since they will be leveled up.

Unicorn

Does anyone know if I get all the BL1 save heads and eat em, if they somehow go away if I delete BL1?
Are you that tight on space you would need to delete your save file from BL1?
Plus they aren't consumable items. They are there at new character creation, so I assume it does a check every boot up or every new character generation.

Anyone have a good tip or solution to legitimately level up quicker? Either playthrough 1 or 2?

find a partner and power level the Tea Party mission. Keep killing the guy you're supposed to lure to the party, restart the mission and kill him again. do it with a partner over and over again.

Wunder

Got 8 keys now. Level 21 on first playthrough. Should I use one or wait.....

Use one or two whenever you feel the need. No use saving it till 50, especially if you're struggling at any point. You can of course use more than two if you still don't get a weapon you need/want but you might hit a couple dry spots more than once, so think frugally.

ThereAreNoHeros

Neo Member
Does anyone know who developed the Captain Scarlett DLC? I know in Borderlands 1 Gearbox farmed out some of its DLC work.

Was this DLC done internally or by an external studio?

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a level bug of some sort? My assassin is level 25 but the vending machines and slots at sanctuary are still spitting out level 13-15 crap.

I've always thought slots were based on story mission, not actual character level. Did you join a lower level character's game or something like that?

find a partner and power level the Tea Party mission. Keep killing the guy you're supposed to lure to the party, restart the mission and kill him again. do it with a partner over and over again.

a guy on my friends list said this works well on your 2nd playthrough but id be willing to try it on my 1st and see how it goes, i already did the mission though, are you able to replay missions you have already done earlier in the game or once its in your completed section thats it?

a guy on my friends list said this works well on your 2nd playthrough but id be willing to try it on my 1st and see how it goes, i already did the mission though, are you able to replay missions you have already done earlier in the game or once its in your completed section thats it?

once you activate a mission (once it's no longer "undiscovered"), that's it. you can't replay the mission after you complete it and whatever quest reward will be tied to the level you activated the mission at.

it doesn't matter much on playthrough 1. on playthrough 2, however, you'll want to skip all the missions that give you really special quest reward items until after you beat the game the second time. that way, those mission rewards will be scaled to level 50.

Got 8 keys now. Level 21 on first playthrough. Should I use one or wait.....

those gold chest keys will never give you a legendary-just saying...id use them before fight with warrior on 1st playthrough (lvl 34-36) and again once you are lvl 50.

but I dont use keys..again better gear is obtained by farming bosses

Kingpen

Is it worth playing the first borderlands game now, or should I just play this game and not even bother with the first? Did this game completely make the first one obsolete?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I was having trouble with that too. I found my last chunk of undiscovered map in SouthernShelf - The Bay. you can't fast travel to it.

I was as well, so I went there and.... it didn't pop.

I have no fucking clue what I'm missing and I did every mission. Checked every map and see no missing parts of the map. All those little offshoot places? Gulag, the tavern. All of it. Seriously driving me even crazier.

nel e nel

Anyone on 360 run into modders yet?

A friend-of-a-friend that was in our party last night had some randoms jump into his game and he said they were level 150, wielding weapons that did ~6,000,000,000 in damage.

Chris R

Was hoping for a solution that didn't involve this but oh well, I guess I'll try it this weekend and see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom