• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Btw I managed to get to the final round, but then it just got stupid and was pretty much SOL with no ammo. They just dont drop enough period. Did something stupid and got hit by a bunch of splash damage and couldnt make up the damage in time to get a revive.

The sniper build works great till the final round. Since usually by then am almost dry on useful ammo.

Might have to farm a chest to grab some other fall back weapon types. But for the most part ARs are useless unless you are the gunzerker and double up. Using the shotgun on the robots are suicide, since it requires you to get up close and personal, where they have a huge advantage in the final round.

Try corrosive everything.

Edgeward

It's easier and faster to get purple drops farming than in slots, which you may never ever see. Gearbox, fix this so I can use my millions on something other than to pass the time. Also the vending machines, they still suck.

And let me give money and eridium via locker, I shouldn't have to go a roundabout way to do that ie asking a friend to trade for it.

Another day, another empty farming of the Warrior. =(

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Try corrosive everything.

Its just an ammo issue at this point. That and the last round is insane with them dropping 2-3 constructors one always a badass at once at the wrong angle + all of the little flying bastards and the turrets on the underside of the bridge that keep respawning. Even the drop rates from the enemies is next to none. Gearbox so did not test this out right. And Im using the 50+% up ammo relic for the sniper rifle.

dalin80

Banned
Its a little dissapointing that in a game all about the weapons which supposedly has them everywhere with the chance to get great stuff anywhere you still end up farming to get the top 'set'.

GorillaJu

Fucking Badass Creeper won't drop a basic blockhead now that I'm on playthrough 2.5. Had no problem the first two times and was gracious enough to poop out his orange weapon, but after killing about 15 of them I can't get him to drop his damn shotgun.

The idea of the basic blockhead at lvl 50 with full Anarchy stacks is bonerific.

Ashodin

41E1V9TZ3RL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Welp, time to play!

Mazzo

Being colorblind sucks sometimes. If I ever drop a pearlescent item I'll probably not even look at it because of it's color ;-;

Gearbox please fix this with a colorblind mode =(

Being colorblind sucks sometimes. If I ever drop a pearlescent item I'll probably not even look at it because of it's color ;-;

Gearbox please fix this with a colorblind mode =(

im not colorblind but even I have problems with the loot colors. the orange/yellow looks too similar and once you hit 99 eridium it's easy to miss purple weapons.

Duallusion

Okay, that Leviathan treasure room farming method? Yep; in about 9 visits I got 4 oranges and 5 E-techs. I feel a bit better now, even though I had to resort to this kind of shit to get some worthwhile weapons. I don't think I'll ever bother with Warrior again; I must've killed that bastard 50 times and got nothing to show for.

Xanathus

Okay, that Leviathan treasure room farming method? Yep; in about 9 visits I got 4 oranges and 5 E-techs. I feel a bit better now, even though I had to resort to this kind of shit to get some worthwhile weapons. I don't think I'll ever bother with Warrior again; I must've killed that bastard 50 times and got nothing to show for.

Yeah that farm trick is great, just found the Legendary Soldier mod.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

What trick is this? Do you have to have the DLC?

Duallusion

What trick is this? Do you have to have the DLC?

When you kill the final DLC's boss you save and quit, make a copy of that character's save file, go back in the game, loot chests, and if you find anything worth keeping, you deliver it to the sanctuary's stash, have another character pick it up, log out of the game, copy that backup save, overwrite the main save and repeat the process.

It sounds more complicated/time-consuming then it is.

HoosTrax

When you kill the final DLC's boss you save and quit, make a copy of that character's save file, go back in the game, loot chests, and if you find anything worth keeping, you deliver it to the sanctuary's stash, have another character pick it up, log out of the game, copy that backup save, overwrite the main save and repeat the process.

Yes if you want to save time, you can load up PC splitscreen mode, with the second player in Sanctuary. Then save and quit on the farming character after getting the loot and join the second player.

Xanathus

Just took down the first raid boss in the DLC solo, not using that Tediore + Bee method. Basically it involved circle strafing him lots of times and hoping that he doesn't do his ridiculous undodgeable explosion attack 2 times next to each other instantly. I have no idea how you could beat this boss without having the Bee, he literally seems to be designed around players having it.

D6AMIA6N

Finally beat the game for the first time last night. Only side quests I didn't do were, You.Will.Die, the DLC, and the quest for Marcus to pick up the refund checks. The first time I beat the Warrior, I got the infinite Jack bug, so I thought I had to leave the area and return. By then the Warrior had respawned. Got a level 30 CC when I killed him the 2nd time, but it's pretty much useless, but still neat. Time for TVHM! Yay!

EDIT: My main char is a level 33 Maya, I also have a level 11 Zero. Would it be possible for me to start a split screen game and play as Maya so Zero can level up quick?

Nabs

WinPC: C3CJB-HB3ZZ-F33TB-BTJJT-TXKRF PSN: WTCTJ-J9CS3-RSJ53-Z3K3B-BT9F9 X360: WTCTJ-J9CK6-JRR36-W6J3B-BT96W

Loona

This topic is sort of long to read through, so I hope it won't be a problem if I ask about this here:

Some time ago I found about the Minecraft area with the Creepers in it - does that count as an official Notch-endorsed crossover thing, or are those things just made to be similar enough to Minecraft as a sort of shout out?

I've just found yesterday about the Bioshock-a-likes in the new DLC, which seem to be just homages, since they're not using official names, just likenesses, so I wonder if that was the case with Minecraft too...

My buddy lost his Lvl 24 Commando last night. I was hosting and his electricity went out. When he came back, corrupted Commando. Is there no way for him to get it back? First I've heard of this, playing on 360. He did not make a backup save, either.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This topic is sort of long to read through, so I hope it won't be a problem if I ask about this here:

Some time ago I found about the Minecraft area with the Creepers in it - does that count as an official Notch-endorsed crossover thing, or are those things just made to be similar enough to Minecraft as a sort of shout out?

I've just found yesterday about the Bioshock-a-likes in the new DLC, which seem to be just homages, since they're not using official names, just likenesses, so I wonder if that was the case with Minecraft too...
Notch-endorsed. He's in the credits too. Gearbox talked with Notch about the Easter egg and Notch approved.

Santiako

He appears as a special thanks in the credits, and there is also a copyright note there about Minecraft, so that one is official.

GorillaJu

So this guy dropped for me just a minute ago

Wowsers. It's 1-shot then reload, but it's Tediore.. so yeah. Extra fun.

It's like a BFG 9000. I guess the special Etech property for a launcher is that you just fire it somewhere and it explodes the fuck out of everything on screen? It's crazy.

Xanathus

how do you do this the last boss of the dlc...

It's mainly a PC exploit, maybe consoles can do it as well if you can copy/replace save files?

edit: Also I just killed the 2nd raid boss of the DLC and apparently there's a common bug which I experienced where it drops absolutely nothing. At least I got the achievement for finishing all missions in the game. I'm not gonna bother farming these bosses because the Seraph items you buy from the Seraph crystals they drop are amazingly terrible. They're basically equivalent to purple rarity items which is so bad considering how much effort and time you'd need to farm these bosses even if you were using cheap exploits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom