• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any level 46-47 blue, purple or orange weapons that they'd be willing to trade? I have lots of level 50 oranges I'd be willing to part with. I need to level, but my weapons aren't that great so I struggle a TON. I would prefer corrosive and electric weapons!

I am currently a 46, almost 47. I'll be on soon (within 10 minutes), PM me please!

MrDaravon

Okay, the Pimon spawn has to be bugged.

I have now killed Tumbaa 100 times. Tumbaa only shows up maybe 30-50% of the time, so I've re-loaded that area probably double that, if not more. I've done this across both playthroughs since some people have said they could only get him to spawn in PT2, which I'm doing but is making it take much longer. I have always been extremely careful to check all the enemies before killing them. I have always completely cleared out that entire area because someone theorized that only so many Stalkers can spawn at once, so I wanted to ensure the spawn chance. The last 20-25 runs I've even started clearing all the way from the Natural Selection Annex (which is where I'm loading from) to almost the end of the level, to see if maybe for some reason Pimon randomly spawns in a completely different zone.

THIS. IS. FUCKED.

At this point I have probably, no joke, spent 8-10+ hours on this. I've also spent over 25 million on Sanctuary slots trying to get a jackpot just ONCE for the fucking Challenge in Sanctuary. I am seriously at the point where if there was some way I could just cheat and make the game give me credit for these two challenges I would do so. This is seriously fucking ruining me, I'm too OCD and can't let either one of these go. I could have legit raised a character probably to 50 in the time I've spent just on these two Challenges alone.

Edit: Oh, and I've killed Tumbaa 100 times since I started keeping track a few days ago; I've probably actually killed him at least twice that many times. I've spent two entire weekends all day both days doing this. I'm not even fucking joking. Kill me now.

Anyone else ever had an issue of picking up a new head customization on one toon and it not showing up on your other toon?

I picked up two mechromancer heads on my Siren that I didn't have for Gaige. I switch to Gaige...she doesn't have them in the customization machine.

Que?

a shitty drop is a shitty drop. i would use them when you feel like it. at lv50 your farming oranges anyway right?

True, but you can still get decent relics and mods at level 50 from the golden key. Aside from Terra dropping a legendary class mod, I haven't seen any other legendary relics and class mods drop from any where - those are tough to find.

Anyone else ever had an issue of picking up a new head customization on one toon and it not showing up on your other toon?

I picked up two mechromancer heads on my Siren that I didn't have for Gaige. I switch to Gaige...she doesn't have them in the customization machine.

Que?

Bleh figured it out by simply exiting and reentering the game for anyone else who runs across the same problem.

I'm level 21 with 8 keys. Should I use one?

If you're doing well gear-wise, I'd say sit on the keys. If you hit a wall, try using a key or two. It is a crapshoot, you can get gear that isn't so great, class mods for a class you aren't even playing as or you can get some purple weapons that'll see you through 8-10 levels.

MrDaravon

Exactly, man. Much appreciated. I'll check again now, anyway.

Sorry for the late follow-up, got called away for dinner. I just went back and didn't have any problems, the door behind her was open (and killing her opened the door behind THAT door that just goes directly into her bedroom) with no issues and I just killed Smash Head. So you shouldn't be having any problems.

Naite

True, but you can still get decent relics and mods at level 50 from the golden key. Aside from Terra dropping a legendary class mod, I haven't seen any other legendary relics and class mods drop from any where - those are tough to find.

For level 50, a better place to go is after Leviathan in the DLC. Just save after beating the boss and backup your save. I got a Legendary Mechromancer mod and a couple of nice relics there.

Sorry for the late follow-up, got called away for dinner. I just went back and didn't have any problems, the door behind her was open (and killing her opened the door behind THAT door that just goes directly into her bedroom) with no issues and I just killed Smash Head. So you shouldn't be having any problems.

No problem! Cheers for doing that. Still no dice for me, though :(. Are you in 2.5? Are there any side missions that I need to do, maybe?

Laaaaame.

EDIT: Ohhhhh, she's tied to that Scooter side mission, isn't she! Ah, man. Me dumb.

one85x

No problem! Cheers for doing that. Still no dice for me, though :(. Are you in 2.5? Are there any side missions that I need to do, maybe?

Laaaaame.

EDIT: Ohhhhh, she's tied to that Scooter side mission, isn't she! Ah, man. Me dumb.
Ya, Scooter has two missions there, and they bother open up new parts of the map.

Varna

Gold Keys items aren't even that great. I'll be honest here, I cheated to see what kind of items you can receive.. 300+ keys and nothing that great. It's good for gearing up if you find that your weapons are way underleveled, but the thing is not going to give you any of the really cool stuff for any level.

one_kill

Finally got a CC! A nice user at PS3trophies was kind enough to dupe me his one.
It's amazing how fast you can kill Terra with the CC and the Bee!

I'm in my first playthrough so I'm hoping spoilers could be avoided possible but I'm just after finishing the mission "Wildlife Exploitation Preserve" and I'm now Level 28 and I'm just wondering how long is left in the game? Likewise, all my side missions (I only have the ones that became available after the previously stated mission, I've finished all of the others as the appeared), and the main mission are recommended for Level 21. As a result the majority of enemies are giving me between 1EXP and 5EXP. Have I ended up levelling too much? If I have, about how long is it until the enemies will start to balance out with me as right now swarms of enemies are dying in any unlocked area before they can inflict any significant damage and all of the chests I find have weapons for Level 21.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Is Mordeccai hispanic?

Him saying "pendejo" wasnt obvious enough? lol

To be fair though they did seem to change his personality from the first game to the second. And now he actually spouts things in Spanish at times. Its a different VA too.

Unicorn

I'm in my first playthrough so I'm hoping spoilers could be avoided possible but I'm just after finishing the mission "Wildlife Exploitation Preserve" and I'm now Level 28 and I'm just wondering how long is left in the game? Likewise, all my side missions (I only have the ones that became available after the previously stated mission, I've finished all of the others as the appeared), and the main mission are recommended for Level 21. As a result the majority of enemies are giving me between 1EXP and 5EXP. Have I ended up levelling too much? If I have, about how long is it until the enemies will start to balance out with me as right now swarms of enemies are dying in any unlocked area before they can inflict any significant damage and all of the chests I find have weapons for Level 21.

You're about to hit the first major plot point. You're almost halfway through the story.

Of course they are. Also i got the pre-order bonis but not 1the character of mines has a golden key is it a glitch because i did get the mechromancer.

you should have one, check the bottom left hand corner of the badass rank tab. it doesnt show up in your inventory, but you should have gotten a message about it when you started a new character

You're about to hit the first major plot point. You're almost halfway through the story.

Ok, that's good to hear, thanks. I'm very impressed with the length of the game in this casw. Admittedly I didn't spend too much time with the original but it feels as if there is much more areas in this already, all of which I've spent a considerable amount of time exploring. It could just be to the variety within every area making it seem like there is more but I'm thoroughly impressed.

Unicorn

If I complete the pirate DLC before beating the game, can I do the quests again in TVHM?
Yes.
Ok, that's good to hear, thanks. I'm very impressed with the length of the game in this casw. Admittedly I didn't spend too much time with the original but it feels as if there is much more areas in this already, all of which I've spent a considerable amount of time exploring. It could just be to the variety within every area making it seem like there is more but I'm thoroughly impressed.
There's still a lot more to see.

Wunder

Anyone on PC have a Borderlands 1 save and can get the heads for BL2? Would love to unlock those heads, Sledge and Crimson Lance look awesome.

RedSwirl

Are headshots with the sniper rifle supposed to be this easy? I know this game was probably balanced for an analog stick (I'm playing on PC), but using a sniper rifle as Zero is just... my critical hit rate must be something like 75%. The only enemies that give me any trouble are badass psychos and anybody that uses a large riot shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom