• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nel e nel

I was as well, so I went there and.... it didn't pop.

I have no fucking clue what I'm missing and I did every mission. Checked every map and see no missing parts of the map. All those little offshoot places? Gulag, the tavern. All of it. Seriously driving me even crazier.

So the Bay in Southern Shelf (Bullymong loop behind the ship where Boom Bewn are) and the little campground behind the dock town in Three Horns - Valley are two of the biggest misses.

The other one is Avie's camp in Sawtooth Cauldron, only accessible by jumping off the SW corner of the Buzzard tower.

Lima

Anyone on 360 run into modders yet?

A friend-of-a-friend that was in our party last night had some randoms jump into his game and he said they were level 150, wielding weapons that did ~6,000,000,000 in damage.

Yeah gibbed released his editor that is basically Willowtree #2. Works on all platforms though so it is not specific to the 360.

Some really cool stuff you can do with that though.

Duallusion

I actively dislike your avatar

:/

It is from a creepy/unpleasant scene though, so I'm not surprised. :)

On another note; there's an extra chest inside the pyramid at the end of DLC.
Right side of the pyramid (as you enter the room), second level from the bottom near the back.
Almost not worth going for it more then once to do the challenge, since it takes so much time to get back on top.

Dunlop

Are the expansions only meant for level 50? I never purchased any in BL1, I'm pretty close to finishing my first PL and wondering if it is worth it to have them for PL2?

neuroned

Neo Member
Did you get the top area of Caustic Caverns? You get there with the lost treasure quest.

Yep... that was one of the last undiscovered locations I found.

I was having trouble with that too. I found my last chunk of undiscovered map in SouthernShelf - The Bay. you can't fast travel to it.

Found the two locations in The Bay last night. Also found Avie's Camp and that Bullymong place behind the electric fence in Eridium Blight. Still missing something(s)... started combing maps last night. All of my maps are fully discovered (no grayed-out undiscovered parts), so this is becoming increasingly frustration.

Saw a nice-looking chest in Sanctuary, ran up, hit E, used Golden Key.

I'm level 9.

:(

If it's any consolation, you don't really want to sit on those keys, it's better to use them early to, hopefully, provide your character a boost while playing through the main game. The stuff you'll be finding late game in true vault hunter mode or farming off of the bosses at 50 tends to blow away what the golden chest can provide.

Aurongel

Can someone justify jumping into the new DLC for me? I just killed Terramorphous during my TVHM playthrough and I'm feeling pretty complete. I mean, I'm not going to find any loot to replace my current bee + CC setup and I'm not going to gain any EXP from it. I just don't see the appeal in jumping into the new content this soon.

kitch9

Banned
Let me guess, you quickly tried to turn your game off hoping it wouldn't save, only to come back with one key less and nothing to show for it?

No I took the piece of shit gun, tried it once and sold it....

Thinking about it I may have been a slightly higher level as it took a while to get to sanctuary... It was pretty much the first thing I did when I got there though..

neuroned

Neo Member
So the Bay in Southern Shelf (Bullymong loop behind the ship where Boom Bewn are) and the little campground behind the dock town in Three Horns - Valley are two of the biggest misses.

The other one is Avie's camp in Sawtooth Cauldron, only accessible by jumping off the SW corner of the Buzzard tower.

I'll check for that camp behind the dock town in Three Horns Valley. I've run through that area during the mail run mission from the Pig Motel (?) bulletin board. Maybe I didn't go far enough back? The area is completely highlighted on my map, but I suppose that doesn't necessarily mean that everything has been discovered?

Thanks!

kami_sama

Someone to help me farm any of the new invincible bosses on the dlc? I need a new shield, since I had mine since when I beat PT1. I'm 42, is it even possible?

I'll check for that camp behind the dock town in Three Horns Valley. I've run through that area during the mail run mission from the Pig Motel (?) bulletin board. Maybe I didn't go far enough back? The area is completely highlighted on my map, but I suppose that doesn't necessarily mean that everything has been discovered?

Thanks!

if they're highlighted then you're done. even with different elevations it will show uncompleted areas. make sure all the borders are connected. this pic shows an uncompleted section.
donkey_mong_location_borderlands_2-powerpyx.jpg

I'm willing to be it's one of the areas that isn't connected to a fast travel section.

Log4Girlz

Man, went to Opportunity with Gaige. Always gave me trouble with my Commando. Dude, I 4 shot constructors and 3 shotted a super badass loader. I have a striker with a SINGLE bullet magazine and the Bee. LOLZ. Destroyer of worlds. And that's with only 200 stacks of Anarchy. I wonder how TVHM will turn out for me.

neuroned

Neo Member
Did the chest that came up out of the trap door open for anyone? It didn't open for my wife and I while we were playing, no prompt.

No... didn't open for me (nor did it give a prompt to open). I'm thinking the reward for completing the mission counted as the loot from the chest.

HoosTrax

The achievement to complete all side quests -- can I go back and do that with the Playthrough 1 quests? I already finished the vast majority of them and did hardly any in Playthrough 2.

Man, went to Opportunity with Gaige. Always gave me trouble with my Commando. Dude, I 4 shot constructors and 3 shotted a super badass loader. I have a striker with a SINGLE bullet magazine and the Bee. LOLZ. Destroyer of worlds. And that's with only 200 stacks of Anarchy. I wonder how TVHM will turn out for me.

the only shotty I've found no use for is the Flakker.

It's probably fuck awesome with an Anarchy Mechro build and max stacks though, so I'm going to keep it just for the day I get my level 17 Mechro to 50.

...whenever I break through the apathy wall that has hit me. haven't played since the second day Mechro came out. It's hard for me to play the same stuff over and over again in a short time period like this.

Lima

The achievement to complete all side quests -- can I go back and do that with the Playthrough 1 quests? I already finished the vast majority of them and did hardly any in Playthrough 2.

You can do it across different playthroughs. So yeah you could go back and do it in PT1 or just do the ones you haven't done in PT1 in PT2.

HoosTrax

You can do it across different playthroughs. So yeah you could go back and do it in PT1 or just do the ones you haven't done in PT1 in PT2.
Ah nice. I think I was fairly thorough in exploring in my first playthrough too, so I should go and finish the explorer achievements while I'm at it.

Log4Girlz

the only shotty I've found no use for is the Flakker.

It's probably fuck awesome with an Anarchy Mechro build and max stacks though, so I'm going to keep it just for the day I get my level 17 Mechro to 50.

...whenever I break through the apathy wall that has hit me. haven't played since the second day Mechro came out. It's hard for me to play the same stuff over and over again in a short time period like this.

I gotcha. I usually feel that way within an hour or two of any game lol...but this game has me hooked for some reason.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Can people with Characters that haven't beat the game yet join people in a TVHM Campaign.

I'm asking because I have the Tea quest ready to boost with but was wondering if it would be faster to get leveled up on the quest through TVHM?

If anyone wants to boost later this evening let me know!

Anyone know some common areas I might miss for the World Traveler trophy? I have gotten all the other explorer ones and I have done all side missions and beaten the game. I can't find a single area I have not been to and can't see anywhere on any map that is blurry or missing.

Log4Girlz

For some reason the performance of the game took a dive, became a slide show...never did that before. So quitting for now. Goodbye 250 stacks of anarchy.

Wasp

Just loaded up my game to find my 11k baddass rank resetted to zero... wtf
Happened to me a few days ago too (360 version).

Were you playing splitscreen recently by any chance? Looking at the official forums most people say it's caused by playing splitscreen.

Happened to me a few days ago too (360 version).

Were you playing splitscreen recently by any chance? Looking at the official forums most people say it's caused by playing splitscreen.

Yea I was and I think I see where it happened. When I loaded up today, it looked for my borderlands 1 save and then bam, all my skins and points were gone...

abundant

One thing that needs to be fixed by the next DLC - when you go to Match Making, they only show where they are in the Main Mission of BL2 not the DLC, so joining peoples game to play the DLC is a crap shoot. I know playing with randoms is frowned upon here, but I've been lucky enough to join in with people that know how to play and don't horde loot.

One thing that needs to be fixed by the next DLC - when you go to Match Making, they only show where they are in the Main Mission of BL2 not the DLC, so joining peoples game to play the DLC is a crap shoot. I know playing with randoms is frowned upon here, but I've been lucky enough to join in with people that know how to play and don't horde loot.

I'd say make those random your friends that way you'll play with people you trust, I don't think there's anything wrong with playing with random myself, just be ready to not complain when they do something bad or something.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I was as well, so I went there and.... it didn't pop.

I have no fucking clue what I'm missing and I did every mission. Checked every map and see no missing parts of the map. All those little offshoot places? Gulag, the tavern. All of it. Seriously driving me even crazier.

You go to the infested grotto in eridium blight?

abundant

I'd say make those random your friends that way you'll play with people you trust, I don't think there's anything wrong with playing with random myself, just be ready to not complain when they do something bad or something.

I have, but the problem is that everyone on my friends list is either playing stuff that I've already done or not even playing the DLC. In the vanilla game, it was easy to go to Match Making and see where people were in the Main Quest Line and join their game. That's impossible to do with the DLC.

Irnbru

Finally got my XXX mask for Gaige farming terra, just waiting for the slag sniper, and I can finally move onto farming flynt for the pistol, and then verm for the mod. Almooostttt done completely my most awesome set.

Herlihy Boy

Neo Member
So, a few days ago I lose my baddass ranks and now my game has frozen 3 times upon beating Gee. Apparently it's not an uncommon issue either. How does a bug like freezing upon beating the final boss pass QA? I know it's just a game and all, but I'm still kind of pissed about this.

Gorillaz

Randoms arent all that bad depending on the lvl. If i join a game with lvl 18ish and up i usually get people who get the idea of teamwork. Higher lvl guys in the 30s are pretty goo ld to play with( even added one or 2 becauswe all gelled well)

Still tho when im playing with friends is a little more fun

Lima

Anyone here on 360 that has a level 50 conference call with corrosive damage (don't know what it is called)

I have all the other conference call variants but still need that one.

If it's any consolation, you don't really want to sit on those keys, it's better to use them early to, hopefully, provide your character a boost while playing through the main game. The stuff you'll be finding late game in true vault hunter mode or farming off of the bosses at 50 tends to blow away what the golden chest can provide.

I'm level 21 with 8 keys. Should I use one?

save your golden keys, I used one of mine around level 21

got 2 relics.

one was -16% ability recharge rate the other was -17% same thing.

only use it if you really need too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom