• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

I imagine that come Monday morning, some Newegg grunt is going to get yelled at for not making those require a purchase of an MSI video card to add to cart at that price.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I think those MSI codes were from the free Borderlands 2 promotion with the GTX 6xx cards.

Yep

Tigerdirect had a a thing like this a month ago selling Dirt Showdown/Deus Ex/ Nexuiz vouchers for like $2. They actually shipped them but they were limited and oversold, so lots got cancelled after the fact. Come onnn Newegg

Edit: Payment charged :)

barrin87

I finally started to farm for weapons today for my level 50 siren. I have gotten two legendary weapons so far.

The Bee - 18th try
Slagga - 2nd try

I am currently farming The Warrior with The Bee, and Slagga. Also using a artifact and class mod which is increasing my damage. It takes me about 3 pop ups from the Warrior to kill him. I have done it 6 times so far but with no legendary weapons.

How hard would Terramorphous be? I still haven't tried fighting him.

Demy

I finally started to farm for weapons today for my level 50 siren. I have gotten two legendary weapons so far.

The Bee - 18th try
Slagga - 2nd try

I am currently farming The Warrior with The Bee, and Slagga. Also using a artifact and class mod which is increasing my damage. It takes me about 3 pop ups from the Warrior to kill him. I have done it 6 times so far but with no legendary weapons.

How hard would Terramorphous be? I still haven't tried fighting him.

Well you already have the bee so terra should be quite easy. You can either try using say a hyperion x17 or higher shotgun or just go and get a Lascaux from frostburn canyon. The Lascaux is far easier since there is no farming required. You just grab it off the ground. You'll be able to kill terra in under a minute with it.

Lima

So after endless hours of trading and long searches I finally have all skins for all characters. Now what else can I do in this game?

I need that next DLC now!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lol I'm watching a stream and it froze on them twice with Master Gee The Invincible. Second time right when he died. Buggy DLC huh.

one_kill

I was starting to get burnt out with this game, but I was fortunately able to get some awesome orange-ranked weapons. It's so much fun feeling overpowered!

Right now I'm just looking for some heads and skins, as well as an orange-ranked combat rifle and launcher.

My favourite gun is the CC, but I also really enjoy the Bitch.

HoosTrax

Well that was interesting...I just killed Hyperius, and he drops the Shredifier of all things. Then while I was killing the four loaders, I died to the last one (accidentally tossed a Tediore reload into its shield). When I respawned, Hyperius was right there again.

6CBD9D62D7ECE044C1D7EEFEE8AC1D1EAF4FD13B

Ah never mind, he is really invincible (on lockout) now heh. Still, it just involves fiddling with the PC clock to make him vulnerable, and no need to spend more Eridium crystal to re-enter or trek back through Washburne.

barrin87

Well you already have the bee so terra should be quite easy. You can either try using say a hyperion x17 or higher shotgun or just go and get a Lascaux from frostburn canyon. The Lascaux is far easier since there is no farming required. You just grab it off the ground. You'll be able to kill terra in under a minute with it.

I'll have to try getting the Lascaux. I haven't heard of the name before but I must have gotten it before because I remember running through Frostburn Canyon and wondering why I missed a weapon just sitting in a pond of water.

The Bee with a good shotgun makes it trivial. If you don't have the Conference Call, the Heart Breaker works well, http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Heart_Breaker

I'm not sure if I have done the quest or not yet for the Heart Breaker.

The Warrior sure doesn't want to be easy with dropping anything. I have gotten a few decent items but I have sold most of it and haven't found a single legendary from him yet. Doesn't he have the chance to drop any legendary in the game?

Does anyone have any good recommendations for weapons in the game to get?

Just beat Hyperius and Gee with three other people, the drops that both raid bosses gave were absolutely terrible. 8 Seraph crystals in total, no decent purples, no legendaries, nothing useful. Their drops weren't even worth picking to sell. The Seraph crystal weapons at the special vendor cost 120 crystals each, supposedly the Seraph weapons aren't as good as legendaries and you have limited ability to farm them. What the fuck. Why would I want to fight these pain in the ass bosses when there is so little reward for doing so.

MrDaravon

Just beat Hyperius and Gee with three other people, the drops that both raid bosses gave were absolutely terrible. 8 Seraph crystals in total, no decent purples, no legendaries, nothing useful. Their drops weren't even worth picking to sell. The Seraph crystal weapons at the special vendor cost 120 crystals each, supposedly the Seraph weapons aren't as good as legendaries and you have limited ability to farm them. What the fuck. Why would I want to fight these pain in the ass bosses when there is so little reward for doing so.

Yup. Unless the red text descriptors on the Seraph weapons do something fucking amazing we haven't figured out, I already have better shit than anything he sells, and that's without even having the Conference Call or any duped shit or anything like that. The running theory was that the Seraph weapons would get stronger the longer you used them, but I believe that's been disproved. They're completely not worth farming at all, and Master Gee is super buggy with it freezing for people, and having him not drop anything at all (he randomly drops or doesn't drop crystals). Also I've killed him twice and it hasn't given me credit either time towards the Challenge for killing him. I'm only bothering at this point because I'm a whore for trying to max out Challenges.

AEREC

PhsX issue turn it to low

Bummer...I love the Physx in this game, makes shooting stuff much more satisfying. I currently have it set to medium and get some pretty nasty frame drops sometimes during heavy firefigths. At low I pretty much get a constant 60 fps.

Running a gt 460 1 gb with a 9800 as the physx card.

So I'm currently at lvl 40 on my first playthrough. Any ideas of how i can farm XP without starting TVH.

The Warrior is doing nothing for me currently maybe like a quarter of a block. Cant really kill Terra easily enough and even when the group I'm with do the XP reward is terrible.

Master Gee;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcR3xxq3cgc

Yea Seraph looks like garbage to current oranges.

The best Seraph from what I can tell is the Evolution shield. It's basically Neogenator 2.0. I've heard the pistol is pretty solid as well. But yeah, everything else looks like garbage. I got this shotty yesterday from Gee:

Joke of a gun. Poor range, low damage, and the lack of pellets means it's useless with the Bee. For weapons that can so difficult to come by, you'd expect something that can compete with Legendary-tier guns.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The best Seraph from what I can tell is the Evolution shield. It's basically Neogenator 2.0. I've heard the pistol is pretty solid as well. But yeah, everything else looks like garbage. I got this shotty yesterday from Gee:

Joke of a gun. Poor range, low damage, and the lack of pellets means it's useless with the Bee. For weapons that can so difficult to come by, you'd expect something that can compete with Legendary-tier guns.
Whoa, is that a new rarity tier they added with the DLC?

Edgeward

They need to remove cannon ARs and grenade launchers. Joke weapons.

Also is there some new prevention on Flesh stick? I tried to help someone today and 2 times he stopped coming out after like 5 "fails" but had full health showing in the missions status, being unable to bring up the quest again unless we quit out. PC btw

Bummer...I love the Physx in this game, makes shooting stuff much more satisfying. I currently have it set to medium and get some pretty nasty frame drops sometimes during heavy firefigths. At low I pretty much get a constant 60 fps.

Running a gt 460 1 gb with a 9800 as the physx card.

I feel you. I have a 680 and a 460 dedicated physX, it's a bummer having to lower it, but I'm sure there will be a patch soon enough.

Anyone else with really bad latency/lag while playing local coop on 360??

It's only on one of my friends Xbox's the other runs fine. It's annoying as hell

great. i linked my SHIFT account to my PSN and it didn't give me a golden key.

AAAAAAAND i think my PS3 automatically downloaded the Capt Scarlett DLC but i can't tell if it's installed or not. on the DLC screen it shows that Download is an option when i highlight it. (i am a season pass holder)

is there a special way to get to the DLC?

at least mechromancer installed right. :\

GODDAMNIT! Can you seriously not clear the ice around Smash Head's chest without the side mission active? Such bollocks. I can't find that fucking Goliath and I just hate The Fridge. It's a shithole filled with annoying enemies.

Edgeward

I've always found the quest near the door that leads to Highlands just outside of the elevator. There is usually a Goliath there that drops it.

great. i linked my SHIFT account to my PSN and it didn't give me a golden key.

AAAAAAAND i think my PS3 automatically downloaded the Capt Scarlett DLC but i can't tell if it's installed or not. on the DLC screen it shows that Download is an option when i highlight it. (i am a season pass holder)

is there a special way to get to the DLC?

at least mechromancer installed right. :

I want to say when I linked my shift account on PC the key didn't show up right away.

Lima

So I finally beat Master Gee and my console didn't freeze this time.

Ugh never again will I fight this guy. I would rather go through Moxxi's Underdome twenty times again. Such a stupid boss.

No fun at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom