• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So on the Mechromancer when I pick up weapons that are too high for my current level, it picks up the weapon and forces a reload of my current weapon, which then drains all the Anarchy stacks. Not well-tested, Gearbox.

Randy Pitchford and the Gearbox twitter accounts give out codes for keys every now and then. No other way to get them, unless you get the Mechromancer DLC. That comes with everything in the preorder bundle and includes another key.

Weird... so what is the point of SHIFT anyway? Just to sign up, get one key, and that's all?

So on the Mechromancer when I pick up weapons that are too high for my current level, it picks up the weapon and forces a reload of my current weapon, which then drains all the Anarchy stacks. Not well-tested, Gearbox.

Weird, I've never had this happen for me. I had a random jump into my game and drop CC for me and I picked it up without any ill effects on my current anarchy stack.

h3ro

I can't believe the terrible luck I'm having with finding good SMGs. Just hit 30 and I'm still using my lvl20 E-tech Caster. I have some amazing Snipers and Shotties but I love flying numbers. :/

Just used three keys as well, two sets of grenades and a nice E-tech sniper/Tediore Shotgun.

My kingdom for a new E-tech SMG!

abundant

I can't believe the terrible luck I'm having with finding good SMGs. Just hit 30 and I'm still using my lvl20 E-tech Caster. I have some amazing Snipers and Shotties but I love flying numbers. :/

Just used three keys as well, two sets of grenades and a nice E-tech sniper/Tediore Shotgun.

Farm Good Touch from Moxxxie.

h3ro

Farm Good Touch from Moxxxie.

Just keep giving her money, right? I already got both a Good/Bad Touch on this play through that were lower level.

I did give her money again after getting those two earlier and even though she said the "Here's my favorite gun" line, she never handed it over. Never tried again after that.

abundant

Just keep giving her money, right? I already got both a Good/Bad Touch on this play through that were lower level.

I did give her money again after getting those two earlier and even though she said the "Here's my favorite gun" line, she never handed it over. Never tried again after that.

Correct. Just farm her like you'd farm other bosses. The Good Touch she gives you will be at your level or at your current Main Quest level. Level 50 Good Touch is just as good as Level 50 Hellfire.

Irnbru

Correct. Just farm her like you'd farm other bosses. The Good Touch she gives you will be at your level or at your current Main Quest level. Level 50 Good Touch is just as good as Level 50 Hellfire.

Lets not get hasty here, Hellfire has about 1000 more damage :p <3 my hellfire, with anarchy stacks, oh sweet jesus, but yeah, lvl 50 moxxi is very very good

The Hellfire's fire effect stacks and is the only gun to do so. There isn't a single fire SMG in the game better than the Hellfire unless we're talking about Tediore reloads.

stat difference at level 50
THF7u.jpg
My two, they look like they are using similar parts.

abundant

The Hellfire's fire effect stacks and is the only gun to do so. There isn't a single fire SMG in the game better than the Hellfire unless we're talking about Tediore reloads.

Did not know this, but still the level 50 Good Touch is easily one of the best non Legendary SMG in the game.

stat difference at level 50

Your GT is weak compared to mine, which does 4700 damage.

gblues

Banned
These keys are kind of pissing me off. I have like, a job and kids and responsibilities. They only seem to put them up after reasonable people go to bed or are at work. Might be better if you could enter them on the website.

/oldmancloudyelling

Hear, hear. Every single time, either the codes are announced in the dead of night and used when I wake up, or they're announced while I'm at work and gone by the time I get home. I guess it's payback for getting an extra golden key with the original registration (I had 3 keys to start with--1 from preorder, 2 from shift registration).

HoosTrax

Unlike Hellfire, I believe both versions of Moxxi's SMG will heal your health, and it heals significantly faster than any of the Siren's skills or mods, which can be useful in certain situations.

Csokis

New Codes!

WinPC: WT5BT-W6BSH-6BT3J-BJ3TT-TXZW3
PS3: C3CTJ-XJ6HT-FSTWJ-SBCBJ-3WTXF
X360: C3CTJ-XJ6CX-BRXTR-KFBBJ-3WTB6

Insaniac

does the moxxi SMG heal you with ANY dot or just the one inflicted by her gun?

edit: seems any DOT. I could see using this as a main healing ability with my Siren combined with Ruin and DOT grenades

Marvie_3

Banned
Finally hit level 50 and beat TVHM. Now, what equipment should I focus on farming for and where do I get it? I'm using a siren. Not sure if that makes any difference or not.

Finally hit level 50 and beat TVHM. Now, what equipment should I focus on farming for and where do I get it? I'm using a siren. Not sure if that makes any difference or not.

You want a Conference Call Shotgun from the Warrior, a Bee Sheild from Hunter Helquist in the Arid Nexus. If you have the DLC you probably want to get a Baby Maker from Madame Von Bartlesby or an E-tech Tediore SMG.

Get the Slagga SMG by siding with the Zafords in the Clan Was quest. Farm the Hodunks until the mini clan boss drops it.

You can try getting the Bee shield from Hunter Hellquist at the Arid Nexus - Badlands.

KarmaCow

Get the Slagga SMG by siding with the Zafords in the Clan Was quest. Farm the Hodunks until the mini clan boss drops it.

You can try getting the Bee shield from Hunter Hellquist at the Arid Nexus - Badlands.

Does the big dude with the guy on his back drop the Slagga? I've killed him a bunch times and he's dropped nothing better than a green weapon maybe 3 times. Is it one of those things where he has a better drop rate the 'first' time you kill him?

CTE

Farm the Baby Maker from Mad Dog.

Edit - I also got a really nice Plasma Caster from the Golden Key chest. Maybe try again with a new key?

Does the big dude with the guy on his back drop the Slagga? I've killed him a bunch times and he's dropped nothing better than a green weapon maybe 3 times. Is it one of those things where he has a better drop rate the 'first' time you kill him?

kill the little one first.

use a sniper rifle.

Uthred

Once you complete your normal playthrough should you restart in TVHM immediately? Also, while playing through TVHM do you only do the story quests or just play as normal?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
can you redeem xbox 360 codes via computer and still get a golden key?

Nope, gotta do it in-game.

Once you complete your normal playthrough should you restart in TVHM immediately? Also, while playing through TVHM do you only do the story quests or just play as normal?

As long as you are level 30+ you should be OK for TVHM and you play it as normal, like you are starting a whole new game.

Insaniac

Honestly it depends on how much of a challenge you enjoy. If you're around 30ish you can go straight into TVHM and it will be pretty much challenging the whole way through. Or you can grind and farm the warrior for better gear and more levels before jumping in. In TVHM do not accept any side quests if you care about the loot you get (the loot reward you receive will be scaled to your level at the time you accepted the quest)

Chris R

I want to see a DLC that sends us to the Hyperion ship orbiting the moon. Moon buggies (complete with .3g gravity or whatever) space helmets, ect.\

DO IT!

just wanted to clarify:

so there's 3 playthroughs of the game, right? i just finished my first one at lvl 31, now i play and beat it again to get to 50? and there's another playthrough after that where everything's 52? i'm lost haha

xero273

just wanted to clarify:

so there's 3 playthroughs of the game, right? i just finished my first one at lvl 31, now i play and beat it again to get to 50? and there's another playthrough after that where everything's 52? i'm lost haha

2 playthroughs. after you beat everything the 2nd time, all enemies are lvl 50 that's why it's called 2.5

2 playthroughs. after you beat everything the 2nd time, all enemies are lvl 50 that's why it's called 2.5

ohhhhh and then it's time to farm bosses and also go back and do the skipped quests with gun rewards, since they scale. got it.

is there a list somewhere of the quests that can be blocked or fail if you don't do them right away?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I want to see a DLC that sends us to the Hyperion ship orbiting the moon. Moon buggies (complete with .3g gravity or whatever) space helmets, ect.\

DO IT!
I kind of expected this to be where the end of the game takes place TBH. Complete with Portal 2 references and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom