• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helscream

Banned
Well I think I have encountered a game breaking issue with Borderlands 2. First off let me say I have owned the game since launch (PS3). I think I am up to like 7 days/11 hours played or something. I have had no bugs or problems what so ever. Last night I finished the main quest for the Pirates Booty. Killed Hyperius and logged off for the evening. I tried to wrap up some side quest I didn't finish in the DLC and basically long story short the game freeze's very very often. Like After 5-10 minutes of gameplay the game will freeze and I have to do the "system error checking" every time I turn off my PS3 from the game locking up.

I haven't done anything fishy like exploits or glitching. And I literally haven't had any problems with the game since launch. Now all the sudden this game is simply unplayable. Sometimes the game will freeze when loading to the main menu. Sometimes the game will freeze when loading while fast traveling to a new area, or will just freeze outright during game play. I thought I had to be careful with Fallout/Skyrim, but the frequency at which Borderlands 2 is freezing is absolutely ridiculous. I have $70 worth of game content that I cannot do anything with.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or know of someone else who has? Because apparently on the Gearbox Forums I just found out today it seems like a lot of people are having this issue and are really pist off. I thought this was just related to the DLC, but apparently it has been this way before the DLC released.

If anyone has any insight on this I would appreciate it. I played Borderlands 1 to oblivion and all the DLC therein. I would really hate for my Borderlands experience to end this way.

Woo-Fu

Banned
We killed Master Gee today, guess what he dropped?

NOTHING. Not a single thing. Not even crap loot. No loot at all. Borderlands 2 is doing a great job of making me forget about Diablo 3 drop rates just after launch.

-PXG-

Wow. The Wurmwater Hyperion caravans are so broken. You basically have infinite access to REALLY good weapons. Three (or more?) caravans on the map, each with three chests. I've gotten quite a few E-tech guns from it. Not even using the Vault Hunter relic or the 4 player mod.

Lima

Has anyone else experienced this issue or know of someone else who has? Because apparently on the Gearbox Forums I just found out today it seems like a lot of people are having this issue and are really pist off. I thought this was just related to the DLC, but apparently it has been this way before the DLC released.

If anyone has any insight on this I would appreciate it. I played Borderlands 1 to oblivion and all the DLC therein. I would really hate for my Borderlands experience to end this way.

Yeah one of my buddies had this problem yesterday. He deleted the compatibility DLC pack and re-downloaded it and that apparently fixed it because it did not continue to freeze for him. So I guess maybe try that. It's a long shot but worth trying.

FrankT

So I finally beat Master Gee and my console didn't freeze this time.

Ugh never again will I fight this guy. I would rather go through Moxxi's Underdome twenty times again. Such a stupid boss.

No fun at all.

Yea froze up for me earlier. Guy is no fun. I saw a legendary pop right when it froze too heh.

abundant

Rabid Stalkers, which I think are exclusive to TVHM, are hands-down the worst enemy in the game. Hands-down. ENJOY, BRO!

They're tough, but I think Super Badass Maniacs are the worst. They have a lot of health, they rush at you, and they can bring you down with just a few hits. Thankfully, after A Dam Fine Rescue, you don't encounter them that much.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Dem Shift Codes.

WinPC: K3K3T-H6B9H-R3BBT-333J3-BSH5T
PS3: K3WTT-TKRH3-X9BKT-HJWBT-KXTHS
X360: K3WTT-TKRC6-T6FJX-CRTBT-KXTXX

barrin87

I finally was able to get into a co-op game tonight with some people and fight Terramorphous. He is definitely not that hard with three other people and just me using The Bee. I got the Slayer of TM and Blood of TM. The Blood of TM didn't look that great but it's definitely better for health regen than anything else I have seen.

Besides the 100% class mod and the one Blood of TM from 15 kills we didn't get a single legendary. Is he like The Warrior in that he can drop anything?

number47

Whose killing you Flynt? He can be little tough, but it should be pretty manageable.

I passed him, buy shooting him in the back with a juicy hulk a couple of times. Its just that it felt awkwardly difficult. I assume my boss battles come with a secret option to make it easier or a obvious weakness. but this is just clearly a grinder. will just switch from xbox to pc for this.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Man I wish when you made a new game after your first playthrough you could skip that whole claptrap bit at the start of the game and shit. Or have some sort of forced fast forward for all of the parts that are meant to waste your time. Thats the only thing I dont like about starting a new game.

Good thing I got that shift code, just used two to shore up my weapon supply (also to try and get an epic grenade mod, last thing I need for the purp trophy) end up getting a beastly RPG and a really gangster shield. There was a time around level 25 when I was rockin greens and blues just because they were better than my prior weapons, but now I'm back to all purple (got the sheriff's badge purp, now I pistol whip bitches all day err day) so I'm styling.

So Gearbox locking the boss fights in the Captain Scarlet DLC has had the exact opposite effect they intended, rather than extending the life of the game, it has shortened it for me. I just 100%'d the game (for now) and now there's nothing for me to do because they've put the most asinine gate on the content. I'm not going to monkey with my save files or my computer's clock to gain access to what shouldn't even be locked in the first place. For the first time since Borderlands 2 came out, I think I'll go play something else.

Ugh. Round 4 of hyperion slaughter is killing me.

These fucking badass surveyors are the worst.

If anyone wanna help me, add me :D

Edit: got to round 5. made it to the third Wave before running out of ammo ...

Someone please help me out.

I'm trying to find a list of all available skins (especially mechromancer) and how to collect them.

I don't want a fucking youtube video of all the skins, and I don't want a save file with them nor do i want a skin trading forum post. These are the only results I can seem to find. I found one list so far, and it only had the heads, beyond that it's endless youtube videos of each skin.

What happened to gaming that I can't go and find a comprehensive list of each skin and how to obtain them? This is basic. :(

Insaniac

Hyperius and Gee are fucking stupid and lame boss fights. Boring as hell and overpowered as hell. I blame the Bee shield for this lunacy

I sincerely hope that the next DLC is a little more polished and that they address issues in the base game and Captain Scarlet. The collision is spotty in a number of areas, I ended up getting trapped in geometry in a few areas and had to quit out of the game to get out.

Hyperius and Gee are fucking stupid and lame boss fights. Boring as hell and overpowered as hell. I blame the Bee shield for this lunacy

What makes matters worse is their loot drops are miserly (in my experience) and the whole Seraph Crystal/weapon thing looks to be a complete waste of time if you've been farming Legendaries or even level 50 weapons in general. The time gates on the boss fights, as asinine a decision as that is, is kind of secondary to that. Who cares if you can only fight the bosses once a day if all they do is drop worthless currency and items? At least with the main DLC boss there's those chests which have the possibility of not only having decent loot but possibly even a Legendary.

I've 100% cleared the main game and captain Scarlet and will be retiring Borderlands 2 until the next DLC comes out. The whole meta/end-game of the DLC is kind of a buzzkill.

Parakeetman

I sincerely hope that the next DLC is a little more polished and that they address issues in the base game and Captain Scarlet. The collision is spotty in a number of areas, I ended up getting trapped in geometry in a few areas and had to quit out of the game to get out.

What makes matters worse is their loot drops are miserly (in my experience) and the whole Seraph Crystal/weapon thing looks to be a complete waste of time if you've been farming Legendaries or even level 50 weapons in general. The time gates on the boss fights, as asinine a decision as that is, is kind of secondary to that. Who cares if you can only fight the bosses once a day if all they do is drop worthless currency and items? At least with the main DLC boss there's those chests which have the possibility of not only having decent loot but possibly even a Legendary.

I've 100% cleared the main game and captain Scarlet and will be retiring Borderlands 2 until the next DLC comes out. The whole meta/end-game of the DLC is kind of a buzzkill.

Its not just the DLC. If you have not found multiple parts in the original game, you have not been paying attention enough. Since there are a lot of locations like that. One example is the very first red chest you find on the tipped frozen boat. Jump behind the chest when its open and you have a chance of getting stuck. Did that once by accident and another time on purpose. Thankfully we have save & quit, but still thats no excuse for poor level design.

Parakeetman

Its not that bad actually. I just zoom out as soon as I get my confirmed kill. Which stops the burst fire instantly as you leave zoom.
There are situations where it can be pretty useful. Esp on stronger enemies where you need a lot of rounds on a weak point now.
Its all about the tools and how you use them.

Ugh. Round 4 of hyperion slaughter is killing me.

These fucking badass surveyors are the worst.

If anyone wanna help me, add me :D

Edit: got to round 5. made it to the third Wave before running out of ammo ...

What lv are you? Since there is a loot farming route I did for lv 29-32ish gear, some which can be pretty decent and used it in the arena. Other stuff dropped from taking down the enemies in the arena itself as they drop higher level gear. Esp on the last round. So depends on what you want to do. With all the dying though and money loss. I might suggest trying the farming route. Can make a vid for you if you want. Its a pretty simple route. Nets you 5 chests, 1 boss (saturn) and a badass constructor. Could add one more chest, if you enter the building at the end of the route, but Ive never done that until I actually cleared the zone when I moved on to beat the game. Finally beat that place myself at lv 37

I killed him 128 times, yesterday. Took me 2 hours.

Obviously, no drop.

I love this game.

If you're on PC, I can hook you up with an Infinity. Steam in profile.

I finally killed Hyperius with the Tediore reload explosion trick. It's kind of absurd that his robot spawns are 10 times harder than the boss himself. And then he dropped 10 crystals and garbage. Go to the shop and then only good thing costs 120 crystals, so I can't get it for 2 weeks. What rubbish. Ask me if I'm going to farm this boss once a day every day for the next 2 weeks to get it.

Is there any way to farm the Leviathan? Killed him in the DLC once and the bounty board quest once. Any way to get to the fight again short of save file trickery?

So is "you will die" considered a sidemission? Because I just finished every sidequest I had and killed the warrior but no sidequest trophy popped. Can I just start tvhm?

burst-fire sniper rifles, for the most part, are the worst idea ever.

I agree. The only time I use one is when I want to slag an enemy with my burst slag sniper rifle. High slag percentage, almost never fails.

So is "you will die" considered a sidemission? Because I just finished every sidequest I had and killed the warrior but no sidequest trophy popped. Can I just start tvhm?

As far as I know, yes. People have been saying that their side quest trophy popped up once they completed "you will die". Start TVHM, and you can return to normal mode when you are ready to face that boss.

Its not just the DLC. If you have not found multiple parts in the original game, you have not been paying attention enough. Since there are a lot of locations like that. One example is the very first red chest you find on the tipped frozen boat. Jump behind the chest when its open and you have a chance of getting stuck. Did that once by accident and another time on purpose. Thankfully we have save & quit, but still thats no excuse for poor level design.

Well I must've lucked out with my time in the main game, I clambered around like a spider monkey on all sorts of things and never caught stuck or fell through the collision like I have in the Captain Scarlet DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom