• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Log4Girlz

Are headshots with the sniper rifle supposed to be this easy? I know this game was probably balanced for an analog stick (I'm playing on PC), but using a sniper rifle as Zero is just... my critical hit rate must be something like 75%. The only enemies that give me any trouble are badass psychos and anybody that uses a large riot shield.

Its much easier than the first game.

Astery

took a break from xcom to playing back some borderlands, trying mechromancer. The ordered chaos branch is so fun, only down side is it's discouraging me to use sniper rifles while stacking anarchy when it hits 130+.

Log4Girlz

took a break from xcom to playing back some borderlands, trying mechromancer. The ordered chaos branch is so fun, only down side is it's discouraging me to use sniper rifles while stacking anarchy when it hits 130+.

Yeah, that's a problem...I love to snipe. The collapse in accuracy is making me want to spec out of any additional stacks of anarchy. I mean, I literally can't hit the side of a barn if its real high, even when I'm near something with a shotty.

CTE

Are headshots with the sniper rifle supposed to be this easy? I know this game was probably balanced for an analog stick (I'm playing on PC), but using a sniper rifle as Zero is just... my critical hit rate must be something like 75%. The only enemies that give me any trouble are badass psychos and anybody that uses a large riot shield.

Do you have aim assist on?

Krelian

There's another round of keys:

WinPC: W35BJ-SC39H-XB3B3-B3TJB-KT6H3
PSN: K3CB3-3JF93-RS3KB-SJ5JJ-BT3X3
X360: K3CB3-3JF56-JR6JF-KR3JJ-BT3WK

Gorillaz

With the DLC should I just play through it on TVHM or play it first on normal to enjoy it and then do TVHM? I was thinking more the latter idk

Wunder

With the DLC should I just play through it on TVHM or play it first on normal to enjoy it and then do TVHM? I was thinking more the latter idk

It should reset if you do it on normal then wait till 50 and do it on TVHM, so you could do that! I think the loot might be a nice boost to your TVHM start, but I dunno.

Wunder

I can't punch through this apathy wall. I want to play, then I boot it up and am like, "nope".

Are you playing co-op? I played through 1-50 solo but the rest of my characters have been mainly co-op. Going to go through Scarlett with my Axton solo though, and farming has been mostly solo too.

Burned out?

Kinda. Level 17 mechro and just struggling to get motivated to finish playthrough 1 to get to TVHM.

I've taken a bit over a week off but still feel the same way as I did when I stopped then. I was chugging along just fine before.

Are you playing co-op? I played through 1-50 solo but the rest of my characters have been mainly co-op. Going to go through Scarlett with my Axton solo though, and farming has been mostly solo too.

I would play co-op, but none of my friends are near my level. But no, virtually all solo.

Wunder

Kinda. Level 17 mechro and just struggling to get motivated to finish playthrough 1 to get to TVHM.

I've taken a bit over a week off but still feel the same way as I did when I stopped then. I was chugging along just fine before.

I would play co-op, but none of my friends are near my level. But no, virtually all solo.

Are you on PC? I could play with you :3

sigh, I got the Bee today in less than 20 tries but I've been doing Warrior runs for 2 weeks and nada. Damn you percentages.

likewise.

i got two bees, level 48 and 50 in 20 tries or less. got the slayer of terra for gunzerker and siren on the first try. BUT NO CC. Me and my buddy farmed for about 50 tries...

As far as rare stuff goes, I got the Bee without even trying. It was my second time killing that enemy, and I was just going for the challenge. But it's only a level 27 requirement and the stats are weak compared to the ones I've seen online. I don't plan on ever using the Bee, anyway. And I finally ran into Donkey Mong after about an hour. Drove through, turned around, went back and there he was. Cut his tie and everything. Then he respawned again a second time not too long after that. Still waiting for Jenkins to show up, though.

Duallusion

Hmm...

Gaige, lvl 45.
1st Leviathan kill = zero oranges in treasure room. Not even one purple. I turn the game off disgusted by this "fabled lost treasure of the sand".
I hear something about this easy farming method.
I redo the final DLC quest (which you can do only once?).
About 10 farming runs = 4 oranges.
Me = yay!

I decide I want lvl 50 oranges.
I blitz through the main DLC campaign with a 50 lvl character and kill the Leviathan.
About 15 farming runs later = zero oranges.
I find this a bit suspicious, compared to my previous experience with Gaige, so I re-do the final mission.
3 farming runs after redoing the final mission = 2 oranges!

Coincidence? Or are drop rates better on the re-run of the final mission? It would be kindda logical too, since we're not going to bother with Leviathan again because he has a charming personality.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Just went and farmed a bunch of new gear to use in the stupid arena where Im stuck on the last round.

Those fuckers are so dead now, with the new stuff I found. :D

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

I'd play with you but I work all weekend :(

My Mechromancer is in the place where you first meet
Mordecai

Askani

These keys are kind of pissing me off. I have like, a job and kids and responsibilities. They only seem to put them up after reasonable people go to bed or are at work. Might be better if you could enter them on the website.

/oldmancloudyelling

MrDaravon

Hmm...

Gaige, lvl 45.
1st Leviathan kill = zero oranges in treasure room. Not even one purple. I turn the game off disgusted by this "fabled lost treasure of the sand".
I hear something about this easy farming method.
I redo the final DLC quest (which you can do only once?).
About 10 farming runs = 4 oranges.
Me = yay!

I decide I want lvl 50 oranges.
I blitz through the main DLC campaign with a 50 lvl character and kill the Leviathan.
About 15 farming runs later = zero oranges.
I find this a bit suspicious, compared to my previous experience with Gaige, so I re-do the final mission.
3 farming runs after redoing the final mission = 2 oranges!

Coincidence? Or are drop rates better on the re-run of the final mission? It would be kindda logical too, since we're not going to bother with Leviathan again because he has a charming personality.

I got zero oranges both times.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
These keys are kind of pissing me off. I have like, a job and kids and responsibilities. They only seem to put them up after reasonable people go to bed or are at work. Might be better if you could enter them on the website.

/oldmancloudyelling

And I agree with you 100%. Its a stupid system that was not well thought out. One of those things that sounds fantastic on paper but when put to practice all it winds up doing is pissing people off in the long run.

Id be curious what the %age of those who get keys vs the actual consumer base is.

Good Idea Fairy was all over this one I say.

Amon37

/oldmancloudyelling

Even worse I was actually home earlier when keys were given and shift was down.

/oldmancloudyelling

They actually go out of their way to give out keys at different times of the day. You have to remember they have a global audience. They can't tailor these keys to only be available when it's convenient for you in your part of the world. Besides, these keys are just a fun bonus that aren't actually required at all. They gave out a couple of keys today... I missed one because I was asleep. Big deal. There will be more later.

HoosTrax

I hope Gearbox decides to take their time and devote more resources to playtesting (gameplay balance and technical stability) before rushing out the Torgue DLC. Hopefully that ship hasn't sailed already, and there's still time to go back see if there are some things that could be improved in DLC #2, based on the feedback from DLC #1.

Luckily, the massive slowdowns only affect me when I'm in Washburne.

I finally got all of the gear needed to solo Hyperius as soon as he aggros as Axton, but after seeing what the Seraph vendor sells -- not even worth the effort to go back through Washburne each time to do it.

Once you complete TVHM mode once, they should allow you to start all subsequent playthroughs in TVHM. Trying to get my Mechro through 1-30 is an absolute bore.

Damnit I tried the codes from last night and they were all gone, now exactly as I'm leaving for work, more codes! Bastards. My only saving grace is that they could do codes tonight and on Sunday, and that's when I will make my move.

Side point: I went into lynchwood and ended up finding a bunch of guns that were green or blue and I was getting depressed, but after fighting
the bunker
I picked up a nice automatic purple pistol and a wicked purple sniper rifle that fires 6 shots in a burst fire. I then went and killed
dukinos mom
who was 3 levels above me with said sniper rifle and some liberal use of mirvs and got a wicked purple smg that replaces all of my elemental weapons I used to need.

I have so many good guns, I really need to make a second character to start offloading old hardware onto.

so when you sign up for SHIFT you get a key right away (when you put your shift info into your BL2 settings), but does it randomly give you keys later on?

that was what the SHIFT "description" page alluded to when i was signing up...

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
so when you sign up for SHIFT you get a key right away (when you put your shift info into your BL2 settings), but does it randomly give you keys later on?

that was what the SHIFT "description" page alluded to when i was signing up...

Randy Pitchford and the Gearbox twitter accounts give out codes for keys every now and then. No other way to get them, unless you get the Mechromancer DLC. That comes with everything in the preorder bundle and includes another key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom