• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't matter, if anyone you group up with who has it...you're fucked.

yep. from the link

If you want to prevent this, you have to make sure you're not playing with randoms, and that everybody you play with isn't playing with randoms, AND that it isn't currently effecting anybody in your group. Along with that, MAKE FREQUENT BACKUPS, and if you are on 360, do not backup to the Cloud, as it will sync with your HD saves and your backups will be overwritten, apparently. Memory card or USB drive is best.

If you get hit by this and recognize it (free roam camera, no respawning, etc), you can salvage your save.
1.] Quit (it'll tell you you cant save, thats fine, hit quit without saving)
2.] At main menu, hit Continue
3.] Load up, hit start, hit Save and Quit

If you salvage your save in this way, and then continue to play, the next time you die, it will happen again, and you must repeat the steps above. I highly recommend following the above steps and then NOT TOUCHING THE SAVE after that. It's a logical assumption that due to how this is done, Gearbox will likely be able to remove the "infection" from any effected files with the patch once they get it out.

worth a try at least if this happens to anyone, beats losing a level 50 character.

So if you have the infection, how long would it take to know for sure? Is it something that you could test out immediately by intentionally putting yourself into a FFYL situation and see if the glitch occurs? Or is it something that can be dormant in your save file and pop up randomly days later?

Just beat this for the second time tonight. Once solo with my Commando, and once co-op with my Siren.

I can't heap enough praise upon Gearbox. There is a FUCKTON of game here, and it has depth and humor, and is the whole time a great game to play solo and co-op alike. Claptrap especially, in the end, had me almost in tears laughing my ass off. So good.

Once I hit 50 I'll pick up whatever DLC packs are out there.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
[PC Version]

Help!

I'm getting what seems like completely random FPS drops. I'm usually well over 60 fps with V-sync on, but during combat or certain situations, the FPS will just tank to the 20s or so.

Is this a known issue with an easy fix?

I bought this at launch, but got sidetracked by other games up until now.

[PC Version]

Help!

I'm getting what seems like completely random FPS drops. I'm usually well over 60 fps with V-sync on, but during combat or certain situations, the FPS will just tank to the 20s or so.

Is this a known issue with an easy fix?

I bought this at launch, but got sidetracked by other games up until now.

There have been some performance issues ever since the DLC and patch went up.

Edgeward

sooo, gunzerker/gunzerking, whats a good way to play this guy? I'm rocking dual e-tech assault rifles with 7900 damage but i still get wasted.

Shotguns. I have money shot as well. The low magazine count and fast reload of a jakobs makes it ideal for going crazy. Also pair up a strong weapon with a high RoF gun like a slag smg or AR cam help take down dudes quick. I put my points first in rampage, and then the rest in gunlust to get money shot and also zerking while in FFYL mode.

I'd take a pic of what I have set up but I am lazy atm. PM me if you need for advice.

Wunder

Then for a lot of people (also seen in torchlight 2 and diablo 3) loot games aren't as interesting anymore on a whole, at least once you complete the "content"

That's definitely the case that a lot of people are realizing, especially those aching for the nostalgia of Diablo 2 and other loot driven games. What once was thought of as exciting and continually fun can now be boiled down to a repetitive grind for an item, and to an extent we have progressed further than that, but most people don't really realize that and are still upset when they have to 'grind' stuff to get loot when in reality that is how it was back then.

FerranMG

Well, ditched my lvl. 15 Zer0 and went back to my lvl. 32 Maya and started TVHM.
I simply didn't feel like Zer0 suited my needs at all. I didn't like his skill (many times I missed the crit shot), I didn't find melee particularly useful (or not as much as to create a class around it), and I kept dying and dying because I couldn't flee from a dangerous battle in time (unlike with Maya).

Wondering if I should start a Commando build. I always wanted to try the turret, but I don't feel now like starting the game ONCE AGAIN after having recently gone through the game start twice with Zer0 and Maya in TVHM.

BTW, I don't like the game start at all. It's slow as hell until you get to Sanctuary. Having only 2 weapon slots sucks, and getting the 4th one takes incredibly long.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Zero as a melee character is pretty useless. As he does not have any useful life regain skills going toe to toe with melee at times is a bit suicide if you get smacked back.

I switched mine to snipe / crit mania which is working out a lot better with him as a glass cannon.

I hope they just remove The Bee from the game, using it kind of defeats the whole purpose of doing anything. Your build and other equipment matter very little with CC, and finding loot feels arbitrary when you already have the best possible combination in the game. There's something wrong when loot does't matter in a loot game.

Even if I don't use it myself, it still hurts my experience when I play co-op. I join a game of three others to kill Terra, they all have Bees and my presence is entire pointless. They kill him before I even do hardly any damage at all. Not very fun.

Welp, just had my Badass Rank and Golden Keys reset to 1 after the latest 360 patch. :( At least I haven't been screwed as bad as I was in Borderlands where my level 50 Brick glitched and I lost all of my backpack SDUs, still really sucks, though.

Xanathus

I hope they just remove The Bee from the game, using it kind of defeats the whole purpose of doing anything. Your build and other equipment matter very little with CC, and finding loot feels arbitrary when you already have the best possible combination in the game. There's something wrong when loot does't matter in a loot game.

Even if I don't use it myself, it still hurts my experience when I play co-op. I join a game of three others to kill Terra, they all have Bees and my presence is entire pointless. They kill him before I even do hardly any damage at all. Not very fun.

The only people who have problems with The Bee are weak-willed people who can't stop themselves from using it. Complaining about it is like complaining about cheat codes in games: you likely wouldn't have discovered it if people hadn't talked about it and you have to have actively chosen to use it while knowing what it does in order for it to ruin the game for you.

Zero as a melee character is pretty useless. As he does not have any useful life regain skills going toe to toe with melee at times is a bit suicide if you get smacked back.

I switched mine to snipe / crit mania which is working out a lot better with him as a glass cannon.
Yeah melee Zero is a fun gimmick to try but it's definitely much weaker compared to just using guns. I called it being either under or over-powered prior to the game's release and of course GBXAdam pooh-poohed me claiming otherwise.

The only people who have problems with The Bee are weak-willed people who can't stop themselves from using it. Complaining about it is like complaining about cheat codes in games: you likely wouldn't have discovered it if people hadn't talked about it and you have to have actively chosen to use it while knowing what it does in order for it to ruin the game for you.

You missed the second part of my post. The bad part isn't that I have to use it, because I don't now, the bad part is that 90% of other people do. I enjoyed the random matchmaking in this game before level 50.

I don't mind there being high-powered items in the game. Something like Enigma in Diablo 2 everyone had, but it wasn't so overpowered that anything other than that was pointless, and it didnt ruin the challenge of the game.

I know they plan to change it, I just hope that change comes soon.

Xanathus

You missed the second part of my post. The bad part isn't that I have to use it, because I don't now, the bad part is that 90% of other people do. I enjoyed the random matchmaking in this game before level 50.

I don't mind there being high-powered items in the game. Something like Enigma in Diablo 2 everyone had, but it wasn't so overpowered that anything other than that was pointless, and it didnt ruin the challenge of the game.

I know they plan to change it, I just hope that change comes soon.

You have a point there.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Yeah melee Zero is a fun gimmick to try but it's definitely much weaker compared to just using guns. I called it being either under or over-powered prior to the game's release and of course GBXAdam pooh-poohed me claiming otherwise.

Im curious about that death blossom with the middle tree, but most of the skills in there dont interest me too much. But I can see the debuff you can add with the death blossom skill though being useful if it works correctly that is.

Jezbollah

Welp, just had my Badass Rank and Golden Keys reset to 1 after the latest 360 patch. :( At least I haven't been screwed as bad as I was in Borderlands where my level 50 Brick glitched and I lost all of my backpack SDUs, still really sucks, though.

Ugh. Brutal, dude.

I'm taking no chances as of now on and saving my Level 45 Zero to internal 4gb storage before every time I play now.

HoosTrax

Just to be clear, this save file issue that people are talking about, it only affects 360 right?

It was already patched last week for PC and PS3? Or should we also be backing up our saves?

I don't have the DLC yet, but is it possible to beat him 4 player without Bees? Or do you just mean solo? I don't think he's intended to be killed solo by the sounds of it...
He can easily be soloed within seconds and without a Bee.

Xanathus

Im curious about that death blossom with the middle tree, but most of the skills in there dont interest me too much. But I can see the debuff you can add with the death blossom skill though being useful if it works correctly that is.

By melee tree I actually meant the right tree. The middle tree is supposedly pretty good but it's a hybrid of melee and range, and I hear Death Blossom deals extremely high damage.

legbone

the kunai are seriously overpowered. i was a sniper for a while then tried out the cunning tree. the skill that makes your decoy explode is great as is the double shot one (can't remember the name, two fang or something). but the kunai absolutely wreck shit. you can take out a leveled up goliath in about two seconds. things wreck bosses also. each one has a chance to do random elemental damage, it tags them with that thing that causes you to do extra damage (can't remember the name right now) and it doesn't make you come out of your cloak. not to mention you throw a shit load of them. to me cunning is easy mode for the assassin.

HoosTrax

Are Tediore- SMG's that effective? :p
Around 17 million damage per throw seems pretty effective ;) .

0AA871CD3C1D9F0FE1149F04C8CD29C505AD46C3

I only have a blue Tediore magazine size relic, so a purple one would do a bit better.

H3xum

the kunai are seriously overpowered. i was a sniper for a while then tried out the cunning tree. the skill that makes your decoy explode is great as is the double shot one (can't remember the name, two fang or something). but the kunai absolutely wreck shit. you can take out a leveled up goliath in about two seconds. things wreck bosses also. each one has a chance to do random elemental damage, it tags them with that thing that causes you to do extra damage (can't remember the name right now) and it doesn't make you come out of your cloak. not to mention you throw a shit load of them. to me cunning is easy mode for the assassin.

What guns do you use? You stay close range I assume or do you have a hybrid sniper/cunning build?

HoosTrax

The Tediore method requires Bee. I don't think there's actually a way to do it "within seconds", fastest I've found is this which is 5 minutes+
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AldeRxnWn-0&feature=player_embedded
Yeah my bad, the Bee does affect the explosion damage for some reason (maybe the actual damage calculation is a factor of the magazine size and damage per bullet, plus other factors). I just tried the reload without having it equipped, and it does around 3 million damage per throw.

zulfate

Just to be clear, this save file issue that people are talking about, it only affects 360 right?

It was already patched last week for PC and PS3? Or should we also be backing up our saves?

Stands to reason it would affect PC too since modders use the same tools for both 360 and PC saves. PS3 is unaffected since PS3 saves are encrypted and thus can't be modded with said tools.

HoosTrax

Stands to reason it would affect PC too since modders use the same tools for both 360 and PC saves. PS3 is unaffected since PS3 saves are encrypted and thus can't be modded with said tools.
Are we talking about the same thing? I'm referring to the corrupted save files, not hacked weapons.

Are we talking about the same thing? I'm referring to the corrupted save files, not hacked weapons.

Read the link, the graveyard thing came from the modding community. You mod save files the same way using the same tools for both 360 and PC saves. PS3 is unaffected because PS3 save files are encrypted so it's much harder to do anything with mod tools. Not that it's impossible, but it presents that much more of a challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom