• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at the arena mission (I think it's called Bandit Slaughter) where you have to fight a bunch of waves of guys. Problem is, after I kill the first wave, nothing happens. I've checked everywhere, I've tried pressing the button on the top of the platform, tried finding a hidden enemy but there's no blip on my radar... what do I do?

I'm at the arena mission (I think it's called Bandit Slaughter) where you have to fight a bunch of waves of guys. Problem is, after I kill the first wave, nothing happens. I've checked everywhere, I've tried pressing the button on the top of the platform, tried finding a hidden enemy but there's no blip on my radar... what do I do?

Quit out or quit the mission and retry. It happens sometimes in the arenas: too many enemies in too tight a space and glitches occur.

May have missed this at some point, but is there any link to the drop rate percentages for all of the legendary items in the game?

Also does equipping the Vault Hunter relic add to your chances of having a legendary item dropped?

The Vault Hunter relic has proven to be crap and doesn't help in obtaining Legendary Weapons. You're better off with another relic.

W Hudson

I got the Bee after around 10 farming attempts. Very happy right now :)

Nice. The Bee is the item that I have had the most luck in farming, by far. I have gotten 4 of them (for me and my lazy friends) in probably around an hour and a half of farming. I think part of it is that Hunter Helmquist is very easy to get to and kill in a short amount of time. Conference Call took me forever to get, but got a Maggie on my first try. Right now working on an Infinity pistol, no luck through around 15 runs.

Posed the question earlier and didn't see any responses, but does anyone know if the Vault Hunter relic adds to your chances of getting legendary items to drop? I would think so and always equip it for this reason, but was not sure.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Nice. The Bee is the item that I have had the most luck in farming, by far. I have gotten 4 of them (for me and my lazy friends) in probably around an hour and a half of farming. I think part of it is that Hunter Helmquist is very easy to get to and kill in a short amount of time. Conference Call took me forever to get, but got a Maggie on my first try. Right now working on an Infinity pistol, no luck through around 15 runs.

Posed the question earlier and didn't see any responses, but does anyone know if the Vault Hunter relic adds to your chances of getting legendary items to drop? I would think so and always equip it for this reason, but was not sure.

I believe it was determined that the Vault Hunter relic only helps with greens.

Badgerst3

On NG+ and just started the DLC.

Likely my goty. Such consistent fun in small spurts. And coop is flawless (for me on 360).

Constant search for better loot has kept me hooked. Still level 38 Axton

Will see how ac3 and halo4 stack up (preordered). Well done gearbox.

I think this is the first and last Season Pass I ever buy, no matter how much I enjoy the base game or previous title in a series. The end/meta-game stuff in Captain Scarlet has been such a tremendous buzz kill that it pretty much made me stop playing Borderlands 2. I think I would've uninstalled the game already if there weren't three more expansions coming out.

I believe it was determined that the Vault Hunter relic only helps with greens.

Yeah, players have done tests and discovered that using the relic removes 5% of white item drops and replaces them with green drops. It's a pretty useless relic. No reason to hold onto it once you find a different/better relic in-game.

anymore shift codes for keys?

im just trying to stockpile em for when i finally get back into this lol

They're going to give out 5 in the next 24 hours. The first one should be in about 25 minutes from now.

I think this is the first and last Season Pass I ever buy, no matter how much I enjoy the base game or previous title in a series. The end/meta-game stuff in Captain Scarlet has been such a tremendous buzz kill that it pretty much made me stop playing Borderlands 2. I think I would've uninstalled the game already if there weren't three more expansions coming out.

Yea they've made some poor choices with the DLC. The lockouts on boss farming are absurd. You can't force in an endgame without designing it from the start. Also, they really should have thought about increasing the level cap and storage capacity. I don't feel like farming weapons now because I have no space to keep them. And while doing the DLC was fun, staying at 50 all the way through was weak. They need to keep increasing the cap so you can keep getting better guns while playing.

iNvid02

They're going to give out 5 in the next 24 hours. The first one should be in about 25 minutes from now.

Yea they've made some poor choices with the DLC. The lockouts on boss farming are absurd. You can't force in an endgame without designing it from the start. Also, they really should have thought about increasing the level cap and storage capacity. I don't feel like farming weapons now because I have no space to keep them. And while doing the DLC was fun, staying at 50 all the way through was weak. They need to keep increasing the cap so you can keep getting better guns while playing.

cheers

Anyone else have/had the Season Pass they bought requiring the RU version of the game even though they are not from Russia?

I've sent a ticket and Steam support is not helping much so far. Last thing they told me was to contact 2K Support even though 2K says to contact Steam for Season Pass problems.

Do you know what is the best way to get this solved?

PS3: CBW33-XSB53-JCK53-HJCTB-9XC66

360: CJCT3-K3C9K-XSRTF-WFTTJ-JW35J

PC: WTKJJ-566JC-WXJT3-BTJT3-6BTBH

Should be good for 3 hours, until 9 PM CT. Another set will be released at 11 pm CT.

Xanathus

Anyone else have/had the Season Pass they bought requiring the RU version of the game even though they are not from Russia?

I've sent a ticket and Steam support is not helping much so far. Last thing they told me was to contact 2K Support even though 2K says to contact Steam for Season Pass problems.

Only Steam support can help you, I suggest updating your ticket with a screenshot of 2K's response. If that doesn't work, try making a thread about it on the Steam help forums, apparently Valve customer reps read that. If that doesn't work, gaben@valvesoftware.com

Goon Boon

Banned

I had the same issue. I explained I got it from the price error for $12.50 from a friend and they told me they had fixed it and to relogin to steam to fix it.

I had the same issue. I explained I got it from the price error for $12.50 from a friend and they told me they had fixed it and to relogin to steam to fix it.

Yeah that's why I sent them a ticket. I found others who had the same problem and Steam Support got it fixed for them. Well, hopefully they will now that I gave them 2K's response.

EDIT: Thanks for the codes! So many keys!

PC SHiFT Code: WTC33-SBCCT-35CCJ-ZBW3T-CJX66
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: 535TB-FK5S5-6Z6JR-KFJ3B-R6RSC
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: CTWBB-XHX35-5FJT3-JJ33T-KSTBB

These are from Facebook

dalin80

Banned
FFS another key, another useless pile of junk, Gearbox really need to look into loot rarity and distribution, maybe they will get around to it after the 8th DLC coming this November.

Inskipp

This is weird, my game crashes when I beat Master Gee. I beat him twice and on both times it crashed.

This has only occurred today though, and before that I beat him without any issue. I wonder what's up.

Awesome that I just popped in here and now have 2 more codes! Thanks everyone. What's funny is that I have 7 golden keys, my highest leveled person is 46 and I still have yet to use them, waiting for that lvl. 50!

Drek

Awesome that I just popped in here and now have 2 more codes! Thanks everyone. What's funny is that I have 7 golden keys, my highest leveled person is 46 and I still have yet to use them, waiting for that lvl. 50!

Going by the opinions of most in this thread it's not worth it man. Most say you can easily farm better loot by level 50, and that after about 30 the stuff you get isn't significantly better than what you can get for drops.

Insaniac

any way to report bugs / glitches? There are a couple gunzerker glitches I've noticed:

Secondary weapon when gunzerking does not get boosted by Bee shield
Secondary weapon is not affected by certain skills (Specifically '5 shots or 6')

Going by the opinions of most in this thread it's not worth it man. Most say you can easily farm better loot by level 50, and that after about 30 the stuff you get isn't significantly better than what you can get for drops.

Oh I know, i've read that, and for the most part, I think they are all spot on. I just continue to hold hope(as silly as that may be) so that when I finally do use them, I will get something amazing. Though, I am most likely setting myself up for disappointment.

edit:

Ugh, Shift is always fucking down on the PC. They need to make this website based rather than in game.

What? How do you mean? I literally put the codes in about 10/15 mins. ago.

Anybody have a Conference Call they would be willing to trade on the PC?

I have literally farmed The Warrior for the last 10 hours and have only gotten tons of decent purples, 1 decent orange shield, and 1 terrible orange.

Cth

Anybody have a Conference Call they would be willing to trade on the PC?

I have literally farmed The Warrior for the last 10 hours and have only gotten tons of decent purples, 1 decent orange shield, and 1 terrible orange.

I know the feeling.. same here almost exactly. I just started to farm though.

You may want to try taking on Saturn, I got something from him once.

PC SHiFT Code: CJ5JJ-TC55J-BKK5T-ZJCJB-BFXXX
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WT53J-Z5WZC-6Z6J6-CRTJJ-XBJHS
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: K353B-99F3K-CXJTT-3JJ3J-36KH5

PC SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: KJWT3-FXFBC-5XJJB-TTB3T-6TRCH
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: KTWJT-6TK9W-RHFBF-WR3B3-6HT9R
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: K3KJT-9SBWJ-BCWKT-9BWJJ-3FRJT

Insaniac

PC SHiFT Code: CJ5JJ-TC55J-BKK5T-ZJCJB-BFXXX
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WT53J-Z5WZC-6Z6J6-CRTJJ-XBJHS
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: K353B-99F3K-CXJTT-3JJ3J-36KH5

PC SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: KJWT3-FXFBC-5XJJB-TTB3T-6TRCH
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: KTWJT-6TK9W-RHFBF-WR3B3-6HT9R
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: K3KJT-9SBWJ-BCWKT-9BWJJ-3FRJT

niceeee

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Newest update broke my resolution. I can no longer go full screen without it being shifted hella right :/

And every other resolution lags the fuck out of my PC :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom