• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is the first and last Season Pass I ever buy, no matter how much I enjoy the base game or previous title in a series. The end/meta-game stuff in Captain Scarlet has been such a tremendous buzz kill that it pretty much made me stop playing Borderlands 2. I think I would've uninstalled the game already if there weren't three more expansions coming out.

What do you mean by end/meta-game stuff?

Jezbollah

5am-8am CT Shift codes ahoy!!!

Facebook:

PC: WTKJJ-CW55J-JCKK3-Z3CB3-KWZ36
Xbox 360: 5TWT3-3RWHC-XHRJR-CFB3J-9KRRS
PlayStation 3: K3CJJ-BJ9BK-WRT3B-B3BB3-BX9RC

Twitter:

PC: CBKJB-S6XBW-5FTJB-JJJBJ-6FZB3
Xbox 360:WTC33-SBCHW-69FBR-WFT3T-CJXH5
PlayStation 3: 5BWJT-JTW53-BCK53-HTWTJ-FZT6B

:)

5am-8am CT Shift codes ahoy!!!

Facebook:

PC: WTKJJ-CW55J-JCKK3-Z3CB3-KWZ36
Xbox 360: 5TWT3-3RWHC-XHRJR-CFB3J-9KRRS
PlayStation 3: K3CJJ-BJ9BK-WRT3B-B3BB3-BX9RC

Twitter:

PC: CBKJB-S6XBW-5FTJB-JJJBJ-6FZB3
Xbox 360:WTC33-SBCHW-69FBR-WFT3T-CJXH5
PlayStation 3: 5BWJT-JTW53-BCK53-HTWTJ-FZT6B

:)

I didn't realize there were two different sets of codes for today's keys until now

Seems like one of these activations today might have given me more than 1 key because i'm up to 27 now

Finished the Pirates DLC last night. Definitely picked up in quality at the end with a few unique locations. Not up there with the best stuff from the main game, but enjoyable.

Found some good loot after the end boss and I used two golden keys as well so now my lvl 40 character is a BEAST.

Jezbollah

I'm up to the stage now where I'm only looking for moderate upgrades by redeeming shift codes and using golden keys. I am level 50 so only legendarys give me a major buzz when I acquire them - and I only have four of them.

Point being is not to concern yourself with hoarding keys when you're level 40-50 - use them at intervals to 50. Personally, all these keys are very much in second place when you compare Bee farming, which can be used to improve output of all weapons. Farm away!

BigDug13

I'm up to the stage now where I'm only looking for moderate upgrades by redeeming shift codes and using golden keys. I am level 50 so only legendarys give me a major buzz when I acquire them - and I only have four of them.

Point being is not to concern yourself with hoarding keys when you're level 40-50 - use them at intervals to 50. Personally, all these keys are very much in second place when you compare Bee farming, which can be used to improve output of all weapons. Farm away!

I like to use them during "poor drop rate" periods when I can't find anything decent to use when leveling up new characters. At 50, you should be able to acquire much better guns.

I only thought I was going to squeeze 1 code out of this whole weekend, but my shift yesterday got changed and I woke myself up at 5:50 due to work. Pretty pleased to be leaving with 4 codes, not that salty about missing the other codes. I might be able to make it home for the last code session, but I'm not holding my breath.

Haha. Playing on 360... Went back to do some Warrior farming since having the Bee and CC... I've never before seen a game lock up so blatantly. Hilarious. He's brown bread in 3 seconds - tops; you barely even have to aim.

edbrat

So finished first playthrough with Gaige at level 32 - on tvhm and trying the dlc I am getting owned repeatedly. Do I just have to stop being rubbish, am I under levelled or does my gear suck or some combination of all of these? Is there an imbeciles guide to how not to suck in tvhm somewhere?

HoosTrax

So finished first playthrough with Gaige at level 32 - on tvhm and trying the dlc I am getting owned repeatedly. Do I just have to stop being rubbish, am I under levelled or does my gear suck or some combination of all of these? Is there an imbeciles guide to how not to suck in tvhm somewhere?
Enemies hit a lot harder in TVHM, and I feel like they're a bit more accurate as well. Also, using the proper element matters more (you're penalized more for using the wrong element and enemies take more damage from the correct element).

niz

PC SHiFT Code: 535TB-FK5K3-3W5KJ-SBK3B-R6RRX
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: 5BKBT-WF5H5-XSFJF-KX3B3-F5SJS
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: 5BKBT-5BHTC-WXJJ3-JBBBT-KZX3B

PC SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: KBCB3-THXT5-CX3TB-3TT33-TW5ZS
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: CJ5JJ-TC59K-FSR3X-WRBJB-BFXFR
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: CJCT3-K3C5J-TKKWB-ZBWTJ-JW3C9

The Chef

This was like the 5th time this has happened to my friends and me.
Do a mission
Complete the mission
CANT FIND HOW TO LEAVE THE AREA.

These levels are freakin labyrinths. We all split up to try and find where the objective marker was to leave the area. The blip is juuuuuuust in front of you but there is no way to get to it. The map doesn't tell you shit. So instead we scour the map looking for quite easily 20 minutes until I find a small staircase that is WAY away from the objective marker that leads to a higher area.

F THAT

Raide

Do a mission
Complete the mission

These levels are freakin labyrinths. We all split up to try and find where the objective marker was to leave the area. The blip is juuuuuuust in front of you but there is no way to get to it. The map doesn't tell you shit. So instead we scour the map looking for quite easily 20 minutes until I find a small staircase that is WAY away from the objective marker that leads to a higher area.

F THAT

Often its handed in via Sanctuary, so just heading back to the start usually sorts all that out. :D Also some quests are finished and it leads you to a short-cut full of loot and then loops back to the exit.

sneaky77

Do a mission
Complete the mission

F THAT

How far into the game? because I haven't really had much issues with this

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: CJ5JJ-TC59K-FSR3X-WRBJB-BFXFR
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: CJCT3-K3C5J-TKKWB-ZBWTJ-JW3C9

Thanks!

Tobe

thanks

Hanzou

Anyone else still have terrible performance on PC since the DLC patch. My FPS has been cut in half since that patch with the newest patch fixing nothing. It is not just the DLC areas but everywhere. Also, the weapons in my inventory have this pink outline on all of them as well which is strange.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Thanks for the codes homie.

Used my first key at 39 yesterday.

D6F1895B4EF9E168F70797A89E27D1820F741CF7

D6D19F53C62EF2BB665FC1FE5803F77186D328BC

Decent stuff. The sniper does 3x the damage of anything else I've picked up thus far so that's good. I have 15 just sitting there now.. may as well use them.

Gravijah

i wish they would have set up the chest to only give you ONE type of an item. it always sucks getting two grenades or two blue relics or whatever.

Gravijah

It's just supposed to be a fun little lottery thing, not a mechanism to get uber loot.

i understand that, i'm not wanting the best items in the world here. i've used maybe 7-10 keys so far, and i think i've gotten maybe 2-3 items that i could actually equip. and my commando uses four different weapon types!

Mohonky

Honestly, fuck the legendary items. Getting an orange weapon to drop is ridiculous. Been killing some bosses over and over, easily around 50 times for some bosses, nada. Not even a blue drop much less an orange legendary.

I don't have the time nor the patience to farm for hours to get legendary weapons, it's ridiculous. If I wanted to bore myself to death farming I'd have played WoW or some shit. I have got over 100hrs on the game and only ever seen 2 orange drops. Maybe a half dozen pink and a dozen blue. It's consistently one shit weapon after another, even from bosses. When you beat a big boss you think 'oh yeh what am I gonna get.....' and the answer is often, a shit load of nothing worth keeping.

Really really frustrating and what time I did bother to put in trying to farm some orange weapons off a boss has worn me out on the game now. I just don't feel like playing it because it doesn't feel like I'm progressing when I have a lvl 50 character and I might get only 1 new weapon or item worth keeping every 5 or more hours, god knows what sort of hours people are putting in to get the legendaries I tried farming. More than I am willing to put in anyway.

Also, performance was also a little iffy for me after patch but it's since been smoothed out, Washburne for whatever reason though, is consistently stuttering. Before and after patch. Every other local is excellent, highest settings, medium phys x and it's consistently about 40 or more fps even with quite a bit happening on screen; washburne, consistently under 30. No idea why.

Tobe

Thanks for the codes homie.

Used my first key at 39 yesterday.

Decent stuff. The sniper does 3x the damage of anything else I've picked up thus far so that's good. I have 15 just sitting there now.. may as well use them.

how do you have 39 fucking keys?!!!

h3ro

Anyone on playthrough 1 have a level 35 or lower Bee on 360?

Been farming Hunter Hellquist since yesterday with no luck.

Anyone on playthrough 1 have a level 35 or lower Bee on 360?

Been farming Hunter Hellquist since yesterday with no luck.

Don't farm bosses/Legendaries during the normal playthrough. You'll spend all this time gathering, what, level 34 Legendaries only to have them blown away by whites and greens in the Southern Shelf in True Vault Hunter Mode.

The only time you want to farm Legendaries is when you've completed TVHM and everything is level 50, then they'll be worth the time and effort.

Toki1776

Don't farm bosses/Legendaries during the normal playthrough. You'll spend all this time gathering, what, level 34 Legendaries only to have them blown away by whites and greens in the Southern Shelf in True Vault Hunter Mode.

The only time you want to farm Legendaries is when you've completed TVHM and everything is level 50, then they'll be worth the time and effort.

Even a level 30 Bee, though, can be used to make certain things in TVHM a bit easier. It still adds around 13K to each pellet of a good shotgun.

GiJoccin

Even a level 30 Bee, though, can be used to make certain things in TVHM a bit easier. It still adds around 13K to each pellet of a good shotgun.

? unless i had a terrible level 30 bee, mine added 3-4k per pellet. that + my 'The Bitch' that i got me through a lot of TVHM

Toki1776

? unless i had a terrible level 30 bee, mine added 3-4k per pellet. that + my 'The Bitch' that i got me through a lot of TVHM

Yeah, you are correct. Don't know why I thought it did more. Still can be useful, though. Goes quite well with my Gaige and electric Conference Call for dealing heavy damage to bosses in TVHM, at least for now (level 37,
about to rescue roland
)

GiJoccin

Yeah, you are correct. Don't know why I thought it did more. Still can be useful, though. Goes quite well with my Gaige and electric Conference Call for dealing heavy damage to bosses in TVHM, at least for now (level 37,
about to rescue roland
)

it lasted me a long time, until i got way too squishy. and my weapons were doing most of the damage before the bee was even added in. i'm missing it though - thinking about getting another one now at level 48 before finishing TVHM, then another one in 2.5

although i don't need one, wouldn't mind the extra damage to make finishing the game easy mode

mintylurb

Anyone else still have terrible performance on PC since the DLC patch. My FPS has been cut in half since that patch with the newest patch fixing nothing. It is not just the DLC areas but everywhere. Also, the weapons in my inventory have this pink outline on all of them as well which is strange.

Me. The latest patch did nothing to fix the performance. Though my weapons don't have any pink outline.

Honestly, fuck the legendary items. Getting an orange weapon to drop is ridiculous. Been killing some bosses over and over, easily around 50 times for some bosses, nada. Not even a blue drop much less an orange legendary.

I don't have the time nor the patience to farm for hours to get legendary weapons, it's ridiculous. If I wanted to bore myself to death farming I'd have played WoW or some shit. I have got over 100hrs on the game and only ever seen 2 orange drops. Maybe a half dozen pink and a dozen blue. It's consistently one shit weapon after another, even from bosses. When you beat a big boss you think 'oh yeh what am I gonna get.....' and the answer is often, a shit load of nothing worth keeping.

Really really frustrating and what time I did bother to put in trying to farm some orange weapons off a boss has worn me out on the game now. I just don't feel like playing it because it doesn't feel like I'm progressing when I have a lvl 50 character and I might get only 1 new weapon or item worth keeping every 5 or more hours, god knows what sort of hours people are putting in to get the legendaries I tried farming. More than I am willing to put in anyway.

Also, performance was also a little iffy for me after patch but it's since been smoothed out, Washburne for whatever reason though, is consistently stuttering. Before and after patch. Every other local is excellent, highest settings, medium phys x and it's consistently about 40 or more fps even with quite a bit happening on screen; washburne, consistently under 30. No idea why.

You on 360?

It's supposed to be hard, dogg.

This is the nature of a farming/loot game. You don't keep coming back to find more of them if you get them all quickly. Those who play Diablo/Torchlight understand the concept at play here. The longer it takes you to find one, the more excitement you feel after finding them and the more value you'll place on them. They're not required to finish the game, after all.

Toki1776

Facebook codes:
PC SHiFT Code: WT53J-Z5WWB-3W5K3-HJWJJ-XBJ3H
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: 5JWTB-6FCS5-FHXT6-56BTJ-WBWFT
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: 5J533-63HTC-W633B-3BTJB-9C3FX

Edit:
Twitter codes:
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: KTWJT-6TK5T-JCCCB-ZJ5B3-6HTXK [Active for 3 Hours: http://bit.ly/XvhqDo ]
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WTKJJ-CW59K-RHRJ6-W6BB3-KWZT9 [Active for 3 Hours: http://bit.ly/XvhqDo ]
PC SHiFT Code: C3WT3-W96BK-K6JTB-JB3JJ-3J6CS [Active for 3 Hours: http://bit.ly/XvhqDo ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom