• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've given up on fighting Gee. Any PC dudes who can farm Gee want to help me kill him once? Just want to do it once for the sake of completion.

Aw man, I'm just about to head to bed. I'd be down to help in the afternoon, though.

For Gee, all you've got to do is focus on killing the worms and let Gee absorb the acid so that the arena doesn't fill up with that stuff. He's actually quite easy but just takes some time with all the running around killing worms.

Aw man, I'm just about to head to bed. I'd be down to help in the afternoon, though.

For Gee, all you've got to do is focus on killing the worms and let Gee absorb the acid so that the arena doesn't fill up with that stuff. He's actually quite easy but just takes some time with all the running around killing worms.

Yea, I'd appreciate your help. Add me on Steam when you get a chance - http://steamcommunity.com/id/sp1n

I can easily get his shield down but once it comes to his health bar, for some reason the acid starts spreading too much and I can't manage to keep it in check. Using a Gunzerker with 50k shield/100k+ health and 2% regen per second so I can sustain most of the damage but I can't get his health down fast enough before something goes wrong :\

Log4Girlz

If I ever make a loot game, I'm so including a magic chest and I'll let it open once a week if you register online and throw out some nice loot.

Beat Master Gee once and I'm never doing it again, it's a joyless task to kill those worms, kiting him on to the acid until his shield drops and slooooooooooooooooooooooowly chipping away at his health after.

shibbs

I can't seem to enter the shift codes. It keeps saying I need to connect to xbox live but I am! Or is this stuff gold only?

I want my golden keys :(

Edit: another question, my girlfriend started with a new class during our initial co-op run. But now she only has 2 weapon slots and I have 3. How can she get a third slot now?

dalin80

Banned
Have now completed 3 playthroughs-

Commando level 35
Siren level 32
Mechromancer level 33

Across all 3 playthroughs got no orange equipment, no decent relics and no classmods that even touched BL1 variants.

Have spent about 8 shift keys to mostly get items that cant be used for that character, naff grenades or OK-ish weapons usually lacking special effects. Great game but the very weak loot distribution is a pain and to be honest a lot of BL1's weapons were much better, have just started another BL1 playthrough and having a lot of fun with the better combat rifles and shotguns with none of that uses X ammo per shot rubbish.

TBH you are probably better off at a lot of points using the slot machines to get better stuff then killing stuff or using keys, much more addictive too and iam hoping for even more gambling games in future DLC.

Ryuuga

Banned
Beat Master Gee once and I'm never doing it again, it's a joyless task to kill those worms, kiting him on to the acid until his shield drops and slooooooooooooooooooooooowly chipping away at his health after.

Me and 2 others just stayed around the rock area near the entrance. Gee uses mostly ranged attacks so he didn't bother inching his way any closer than a few feet out and launching his rockets. One person distracted (me) while the other two either killed worms or chipped away his health. Took a good 2 minutes or so.

Either way I went shield hunting and I found pretty much every relevant shield their (especially for DT). I'm not sure what to do now, can't really be arsed to make a new character when I'm not particularly interested in the remaining classes I haven't touched (Siren, Gunzerker and Commando).

jmood88

Is there actually any reason to have a shield that grants immunity to an element if it doesn't actually seem to help?

I've been wondering if this is a glitch or if I'm just not noticing the shield working. I have the Bee, which is great for other reasons, but the one I have supposedly grants me immunity to fire damage but I have yet to see it actually keep me from getting hurt from fire.

Vamlock

I've been wondering if this is a glitch or if I'm just not noticing the shield working. I have the Bee, which is great for other reasons, but the one I have supposedly grants me immunity to fire damage but I have yet to see it actually keep me from getting hurt from fire.

Does it actually say immunity to fire? Or does it say immunity to burn? I think these shields just stop the DoT from being able to be applied to you.

maomaoIYP

I'm a little burned out with this. I have two Lvl 50 characters and a combined total of about 7 days playtime across all 5 characters and farming for days on end (to no avail) just so I can beat the ridiculous bosses in the DLC solo is pretty damn stupid.

Yea, I'd appreciate your help. Add me on Steam when you get a chance - http://steamcommunity.com/id/sp1n

I can easily get his shield down but once it comes to his health bar, for some reason the acid starts spreading too much and I can't manage to keep it in check. Using a Gunzerker with 50k shield/100k+ health and 2% regen per second so I can sustain most of the damage but I can't get his health down fast enough before something goes wrong :\

I play as a Gunzerker as well and I've found it to be very helpful to invest in all movement-related skills so you can outrun Gee easily. You also need the extra speed to be able to circle around him while he's over the acid fountain and keep him there until he absorbs it completely. So invest in "Incite" and "Bus That Can't Slow Down" in the Brawn tree. Also invest in "I'm Ready Already" and "Get Some" in the Rampage tree so you can Gunzerk as often as possible, which will keep your movement boosts active. "Hard to Kill" and "Ain't Got Time To Bleed" are also very important for health regen purposes.

Also, kill one worm at a time and get him to absorb the acid until killing any other worms. If you've got too many acid fountains on screen at once, things will start to get out of hand and eventually the room start filling up. Follow that plan and the room will be completely free of acid when he dies.

Does it actually say immunity to fire? Or does it say immunity to burn? I think these shields just stop the DoT from being able to be applied to you.

I believe this is true. I have an Alkaline the Bee and still get damage from being in acid pools (Like during the Gee fight or in Caustic Caverns), but it should prevent you from taking DoT from barrel explosions or enemy attacks.

Insaniac

man I find that my Gunzerker goes down a LOT and really fast, never felt this weak compared to my Siren.

Also, is it possible to get a Level 50 Moxxi Corrosive SMG? I keep getting her fire one. If it is, let me know how, otherwise if anyone has one on 360 let me know GT TheLintendo

edit: found out how to get one

So gaf, first time beating the game, looking around, I see some ok purps, handsome jacks face skin, not much really. I decide to truck around the body, I see a colour I've never seen before. I see a shotgun...

Practicable conference call.

I'm quoting myself to troll neogaf. I walked by hellquists area, figured I would take a crack at him. First try:

The Bee

Now I know why people farm for the cc and the bee, putting them together is retarded amounts of damage, even when I'm only at level 35

So gaf, first time beating the game, looking around, I see some ok purps, handsome jacks face skin, not much really. I decide to truck around the body, I see a colour I've never seen before. I see a shotgun...

Practicable conference call.

Congrats! Best Gun in the Game. IMO Especially one with the Electric element.

one_kill

I'm a little burned out with this. I have two Lvl 50 characters and a combined total of about 7 days playtime across all 5 characters and farming for days on end (to no avail) just so I can beat the ridiculous bosses in the DLC solo is pretty damn stupid.
If you're on PS3, I can give you some legendaries if you want. I know my experience of the game became a lot better when I got some awesome gear to play around with.

As for the DLC bosses, they're designed to be beaten by four players. You could beat them solo, but it's more arduous than it's worth.

I feel jealous of all you guys talking about your conference call. I've beat the warrior close to 60 times on TVHM, not a single orange has dropped for me.

^Yeah, my main character carries five CCs (one for each element and one normal) and one Maggie. They're awesome guns with The Bee.

There are x5 Practicable CCs.

Ha. Christ. Are they all through legitimate farming or dupes? I'm guessing the latter. I lucked out with getting my CC - first time - but farming the Warrior quite a bit since has only yielded a stupid Flakker. It has that hideous and massive round-edged square sight on it, too. I'd be so gutted if either my CC or Maggie had hideous appendages. Luckily, my Maggie has a blade and my CC, a swish ACOG sight.

Inskipp

As for the DLC bosses, they're designed to be beaten by four players. You could beat them solo, but it's more arduous than it's worth.
I disagree with this. I find an increased amount of players just unnecessarily complicating these fights, especially since they can be done solo in a decent time-frame with the proper strategy and gear. They definitely don't go down any faster with groups than they would in solo (cause of HP- scale). The only real benefit would be the increased drop- chance of rares, but that in itself is pretty slim.

Let's not also forget about the 24- hour timer, which makes finding folks and organizing to play with even more troublesome.

one_kill

Ha. Christ. Are they all through legitimate farming or dupes? I'm guessing the latter. I lucked out with getting my CC - first time - but farming the Warrior quite a bit since has only yielded a stupid Flakker. It has that hideous and massive round-edged square sight on it, too. I'd be so gutted if either my CC or Maggie had hideous appendages. Luckily, my Maggie has a blade and my CC, a swish ACOG sight.
I have a legit farmed corrosive CC (my favourite) and the rest are dupes. Got one from a fellow Gaffer who entered my game, dropped all his loot, and left. Also got a couple from a "giveaway" by a couple of users at PS3trophies.org.

Although I would've preferred "legit" legendaries, I'd rather enjoy the game with duped ones than spend my time farming to get some.

I disagree with this. I find an increased amount of players just unnecessarily complicating these fights, especially since they can be done solo in a decent time-frame with the proper strategy and gear. They definitely don't go down any faster with groups than they would in solo (cause of HP- scale). The only real benefit would be the increased drop- chance of rares, but that in itself is pretty slim.

Let's not also forget about the 24- hour timer, which makes finding folks and organizing to play with even more troublesome.
If you're playing with people you can't communicate with, then it's problematic. I agree with that.

If you could coordinate a strategy with others, then it's worth doing it in coop. Master Gee was monotonous at best. We had a Gunzerker taunting him towards the acid pool, a Siren reviving any downed members, and others killing the worms. Hyerius went down in a minute or two if you and your teamates have the right gear.

Of course, it's best if you're playing with people you know or could communicate with.

Although I would've preferred "legit" legendaries, I'd rather enjoy the game with duped ones than spend my time farming to get some.

I'm getting to know that feel, man. I've killed McNally probably close to 100 times and still haven't got that damn rifle.

Luckily, all the Legendaries that I actually wanted, I've gotten with relative ease - well, except for the Skullmasher, but fuuuuuck that; I'm not even going to try for it.

HoosTrax

I'm getting to know that feel, man. I've killed McNally probably close to 100 times and still haven't got that damn rifle.

Luckily, all the Legendaries that I actually wanted, I've gotten with relative ease - well, except for the Skullmasher, but fuuuuuck that; I'm not even going to try for it.
I'm actually really suspicious of the Hammer Buster. I've done searched for it on the Gbx forums and I have yet to find anyone who has a playthrough 2/2.5 level 50 version of it who didn't get it out of a slot machine. Various other threads there about people trying to farm a L50 version of it with no success.

Hypereides

Gold Member
Started my Axton playthrough recently. Strangely enough Im getting way more rare loot drops than when I was playing with Zero... got a orange assault rifle from Midgemong just at the beginning which was a awesome surprise, and more eridium powered weapons along the way than I expected.

Also, shooting helmets of Goliaths never gets old.

EDIT: Also got this on my Zero, from my true vault hunter mode. Mine is level 34~35 though. And spawns 10x mini grenades not 9x. Its fucking beastly.... also I think mine is longbow'd or singularity?

2332433-2012_09_26_00001.jpg

Vyroxis

Banned
Just wasted over two hours on Hyperius, sweet jesus that fight is a PITA. The closest my group got was 50%. They had me spec for healing, then spread out so damn far that I couldn't hit them on the move to heal them if I had the hand of god guiding my shots, let alone res people.

Granted, I was also the groups slag whore, and the only weapons I have are SMGs since when I try to use anything else I get booted from the group.... My friends are assholes.

maomaoIYP

If you're on PS3, I can give you some legendaries if you want. I know my experience of the game became a lot better when I got some awesome gear to play around with.

Thanks for the offer, it's ok though, I'm on the 360. I'm just going to take a break from this for a while.

Xevren

Just wasted over two hours on Hyperius, sweet jesus that fight is a PITA. The closest my group got was 50%. They had me spec for healing, then spread out so damn far that I couldn't hit them on the move to heal them if I had the hand of god guiding my shots, let alone res people.

Granted, I was also the groups slag whore, and the only weapons I have are SMGs since when I try to use anything else I get booted from the group.... My friends are assholes.

Wow, your friends definitely are assholes. Good lord.

I'm actually really suspicious of the Hammer Buster. I've done searched for it on the Gbx forums and I have yet to find anyone who has a playthrough 2/2.5 level 50 version of it who didn't get it out of a slot machine. Various other threads there about people trying to farm a L50 version of it with no success.

Oh, for real? That's super lame. I guess I'll stop going for it, then. I have $10 million; maybe I should hit up the slots a bit. Cheers for the info, mang.

Inskipp

Is soloing Hyperius even possible?
Every class can solo him.

Gunzerker and Axton have the easiest time though, since they can shrug off the EMP's with their abilities.

E: Also I think this is a slightly better Siren- solo vid than the above posted, since it doesn't rely on hiding behind walls. Or three different kinds of CC's.

Don't know what build it's using though, but it definitely looks like Siren's gonna have it the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom