• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
woo got back to this... weird, why does controller feel so much better than mouse keyboard for this? I guess the generous autoaim helps lmao.

But even UI management works way better with controller :/

Weren't there some promises about pc version being completely optimized for pc? At least there are a ton of options.

After you beat TVHM, what mobs do you farm for gear? Just Warrior and Terra, or anything else?

depends on what you want.

there are level 50 legenendaries that come from a variety of main bosses (like Warrior), mini-bosses (like Wilhelm, Hodunks, etc.), and random/spawning enemies (like Vermi or Kong). Hell, sometimes you'll find them in treasure chests.

woo got back to this... weird, why does controller feel so much better than mouse keyboard for this? I guess the generous autoaim helps lmao.

But even UI management works way better with controller :/

Weren't there some promises about pc version being completely optimized for pc? At least there are a ton of options.

The PC version is optimized. Is the UI interface the only issue you have with the game or is there something else bothering you? Be sure to inject SMAA and turn off FXAA, IMO.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=42272877&postcount=4640

Every class can solo him.

Gunzerker and Axton have the easiest time though, since they can shrug off the EMP's with their abilities.

E: Also I think this is a slightly better Siren- solo vid than the above posted, since it doesn't rely on hiding behind walls. Or three different kinds of CC's.

Don't know what build it's using though, but it definitely looks like Siren's gonna have it the worst.

Sirens have it the worst on all the big bosses because you can't phaselock them.

KePoW

Banned
depends on what you want.

there are level 50 legenendaries that come from a variety of main bosses (like Warrior), mini-bosses (like Wilhelm, Hodunks, etc.), and random/spawning enemies (like Vermi or Kong). Hell, sometimes you'll find them in treasure chests.

Ok thanks. Didn't know if there was other specific bosses that people farm.

jambo

I'm currently a lvl 40 Commando, started my TVHM run and I'm a few hours in. At the moment I'm only doing the main missions until I hit lvl 50 so that when I go back and do the side quests the loot will scale accordingly.

Is it a good idea to use one of my 4 golden keys now or just hang on to all of them until I'm lvl 50? Also will I get the best drops from farming the bosses or does the golden chest give some good loot every now and then?

Is there some trick to getting the Conference Call from The Warrior? I've been farming him for a week and haven't gotten it. Doesn't help that I don't have anyone to play with either

Insaniac

Is there some trick to getting the Conference Call from The Warrior? I've been farming him for a week and haven't gotten it. Doesn't help that I don't have anyone to play with either

nope, its just random luck. I farmed the warrior for hours on end and never got it. Today I decided to kill him a few times and got it on the third try. (having more players does give you a better chance at better loot though)

Much thanks to earv and his buddy for helping me finally get Gee down. He dropped nothing. Not even Seraph crystals. Worst boss ever.

It's random. But the first thing you should farm is a Bee, if you don't already have one.

Jezbollah

Is it a good idea to use one of my 4 golden keys now or just hang on to all of them until I'm lvl 50? Also will I get the best drops from farming the bosses or does the golden chest give some good loot every now and then?

They had out the Shift codes every weekend, and with them doubling the handout (for Twitter and Facebook followers/likers) I think you may benefit from using a couple now, and maybe a couple around level 45. You'll only get more Shift codes in the next few days. Use them!!

It's random. But the first thing you should farm is a Bee, if you don't already have one.

This, this, this. Although I expect a nerf, the Bee is essential in farming the Warrior (and getting to the Warrior in my experience). I know TVHM is supposed to be ball-breakingly hard, but the Bee made it fun at the end. Now I cant imagine farming otherwise. At least the shield is low in capacity so you do have to use strategy to keep it at full charge to benefit from the Amp damage.

I have been farming The Warrior for a while now (at least a few hours yesterday) - Had a couple of legendary drops (shields) - I would dearly love a Conference Call to be able to exit there, finish the side quests and get onto the DLC. God I love this game.

The magic strategy is to have two others helping you V_V

I honestly haven't even tried to solo Gee, but I imagine it'd be a pain in the arse. You need one person taunting and kiting Gee into the acid pools, while the others kill the worms and damage Gee.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Need some help:

When I go to load the game on Steam I get a message saying that the game is already running. I've tried restarting Steam but this has made no difference.

Help!

Inskipp

Need some help:

When I go to load the game on Steam I get a message saying that the game is already running. I've tried restarting Steam but this has made no difference.

Help!
Bring up your task manager and look for Borderlands2.exe in your processes. If you see that active, right click and end process.

I've been looting the treasure room glitch on the DLC and getting legendaries that are supposed to drop from certain enemies.

So far I've gotten a Maggie and a Bee. I've got some other random legendaries but I'm not sure if they drop from particular enemies or not.

No Conference Call yet, but I'm still trying.

Once you figure out the method it can be repeated fairly quickly, I would say 3-5 minutes a run.

After killing the Warrior 75 times with no orange drops I got desperate.

The glitch:

If you watch this video the guy has traveled back after finishing the quest. If you kill Leviathan and clear out the treasure room you can immediately start to farm and the body will still be there (makes it easier in my opinion).

mintylurb

I've been looting the treasure room glitch on the DLC and getting legendaries that are supposed to drop from certain enemies.
-snip-

If you watch this video the guy has traveled back after finishing the quest. If you kill Leviathan and clear out the treasure room you can immediately start to farm and the body will still be there (makes it easier in my opinion).

Just tried this glitch and it does work. Too bad I didn't net a single legendary item..;/

HoosTrax

Gee is a rough fight. Hes cost me so many millions in deaths.
He's quite a bit easier with at least a two-person team. One person can be the tank, using a shield other than the Bee. I suggest either of these two:

6F0B9C74A3537B243E000643A4BF185D9985D5EB

HoosTrax

Thinking about picking up the dlc...is it worth it?
It's really pretty short unless you count the boring sidequests. The main questline can be completed in 2-3 hours. The environmental design is one of the strong points - there's a lot of detail and vertical components compared to the comparatively flat map design of Borderlands 1, and the inter-connectivity of the subareas of the maps I found interesting. The loot and itemization leaves a lot to be desired (very little apparent effort in the loot design as well, with re-used gun models and textures for the pink quality loot).

All in all, if you can't get it cheaper than $10, I would hold off on it, as you might wonder if you got your money's worth.

XShagrath

I've got my character up to level 43 in TVHM, but am still getting my ass handed to me rather regularly trying to get to BUNKER. Would it be worth it to go back to playthrough 1 and farm Hellquist for a Bee, even though it would only be a level 30 or so?

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I've got my character up to level 43 in TVHM, but am still getting my ass handed to me rather regularly trying to get to BUNKER. Would it be worth it to go back to playthrough 1 and farm Hellquist for a Bee, even though it would only be a level 30 or so?

The shields you find on the ground will have 7 or 8 times the capacity that a Bee does and that helps when fighting a bunch of enemies in all directions; the Bee is useless the first time you get touched because you no longer get the amp damage and are left with a shield that's incredibly inferior to any random white you find on the ground. A Bee would help you much more against Bunker than it would help in the process of getting to Bunker.

question regarding this DLC Treasure room glitch.

beat the boss yesterday and looted the room...saved/quitted/restarted and now i'm at the entrance of the hole before the Rakk fight. am i still good to go? or am i prevented from getting into leviathans chamber?

havn't had a chance to check it out...will be doing so when i get home, jsut wanted some thoughts.

Drop the bee for something more formidable as you go to bunker. It may bee the time to use some of those golden keys. A couple purple weapons especially corrosive go a long way to helping you beat that area. Once there, you can farm bnker for 2-3 times for some great purples to help you get to warrior.

scurker

question regarding this DLC Treasure room glitch.

beat the boss yesterday and looted the room...saved/quitted/restarted and now i'm at the entrance of the hole before the Rakk fight. am i still good to go? or am i prevented from getting into leviathans chamber?

havn't had a chance to check it out...will be doing so when i get home, jsut wanted some thoughts.

Just run all the way through where you are, and he'll spit you back up into the chamber.

Jezbollah

I found the Bunker fight with the Bee to be piss easy as long as you stood around the stairs leading to the lower perimeter paths. Easier to avoid the red lasers that way too.

Avinexus

He's quite a bit easier with at least a two-person team. One person can be the tank, using a shield other than the Bee. I suggest either of these two:

Pink tier? Is this a DLC only sort of thing? Apparently I missed a lot over the past couple weeks.

Majukun

why granade-launcher-type assault rifles are that expensive?got one at lv 25..now i'm at 33 and that assault rifle still can be sold for 4 times my most rare weapon

What is this magic strategy that you have? He's the only boss that I can't beat.

Have a Siren and a Gunzerker, and whoever else.

Have the Gunzerker specked out with low shield that adds health, relic that adds health, and have the right tree filled. The Gunzerker will stuff the holes if Gee gets too far away from them.

Get a worm down to just about to die, have Gunzerker give Gee the finger, when he starts chasing, finish off worm and lead Gee over it, if he passes it without absorbing have the Gunzzerker punch him into the hole.

Siren is there to just heal everyone if need be.

Don't be afraid to fill a hole if Gee is far away from it, but only have one person designated the hole filler.

Gravijah

why granade-launcher-type assault rifles are that expensive?got one at lv 25..now i'm at 33 and that assault rifle still can be sold for 4 times my most rare weapon

they hold their own for a really long time and imo are the best ARs in the game. i had a level 7 blue one that i used until my late teens/early 20s.

JambiBum

Have a Siren and a Gunzerker, and whoever else.

Have the Gunzerker specked out with low shield that adds health, relic that adds health, and have the right tree filled. The Gunzerker will stuff the holes if Gee gets too far away from them.

Get a worm down to just about to die, have Gunzerker give Gee the finger, when he starts chasing, finish off worm and lead Gee over it, if he passes it without absorbing have the Gunzzerker punch him into the hole.

Siren is there to just heal everyone if need be.

Don't be afraid to fill a hole if Gee is far away from it, but only have one person designated the hole filler.
Wait, you can fill the hole yourself? How? By just standing on it?

HoosTrax

Wait, you can fill the hole yourself? How? By just standing on it?
Yes if you stand over it, the acid geyser will shrink and eventually disappear. Better alternative than letting the room fill with acid.

(only recommended if you have are specced for survivability)

Dave1988

You guys should also mention that if a player absorbs the acid geyser he takes continuous acid damage until he either quits the room or respawns.

This, this, this. Although I expect a nerf, the Bee is essential in farming the Warrior (and getting to the Warrior in my experience). I know TVHM is supposed to be ball-breakingly hard, but the Bee made it fun at the end. Now I cant imagine farming otherwise. At least the shield is low in capacity so you do have to use strategy to keep it at full charge to benefit from the Amp damage.

I have been farming The Warrior for a while now (at least a few hours yesterday) - Had a couple of legendary drops (shields) - I would dearly love a Conference Call to be able to exit there, finish the side quests and get onto the DLC. God I love this game.
Oh yeah, I already have that and a Dastardly Maggie that the Warrior dropped earlier, makes the fight super short. I've been at this for so long though. I've gone from 33 to most of the way through 39 already just on fighting the warrior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom