• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insaniac

Best weapon to use with an anarachy Mechro? I'm using a high pellet Jakobs + ricochet that reloads after every shot to prevent any loss of anarchy. Any other type of weapon people would recommend?

Naite

Best weapon to use with an anarachy Mechro? I'm using a high pellet Jakobs + ricochet that reloads after every shot to prevent any loss of anarchy. Any other type of weapon people would recommend?

My weapon of choice is the Fibber. There's different variations of them but the one that ricochets bullets and does more damage when they ricochet and hit the enemy works well her Close Enough skill.

moop1167

Getting kind of bored farming on my own. Anyone on PC want to kill some shit? I haven't done the DLC yet but I'll do anything else.

Double D

Getting kind of bored farming on my own. Anyone on PC want to kill some shit? I haven't done the DLC yet but I'll do anything else.

What level are you? I'm a level 42 Zero and I'm just before the Wildlife Preserve on my second play through. Ive been trying to beef up a bit before getting into that.

maomaoIYP

I can't figure out what exactly is the point of the combat rifles in this game, even the absolute best rifle has lower damage or lower fire rate than a pistol. Pistols have less recoil and the accuracy loss from firing full auto isn't very different. Also, pistols come with more ammo reserves and have faster reloads!

I can't figure out what exactly is the point of the combat rifles in this game, even the absolute best rifle has lower damage or lower fire rate than a pistol. Pistols have less recoil and the accuracy loss from firing full auto isn't very different. Also, pistols come with more ammo reserves and have faster reloads!

Higher dot rates, also makes you feel like you have a bigger penis/vagina.

maomaoIYP

Higher dot rates, also makes you feel like you have a bigger penis/vagina.

You mean from elemental rifles? I don't know man, dot from elemental effects aren't anywhere as useful as high dps, especially since ammo is pretty much everywhere. And if you want to go elemental, might as well stick to a smg.

Ilive1up

I just beat TVHM. now do i need to start the game over for everything to scale? or can i just keep playing. i want to DL the new DLC but i'm just wondering if i should start another play-through or just go right after i beat the warrior.

i'm level 50.

one_kill

I just beat TVHM. now do i need to start the game over for everything to scale? or can i just keep playing. i want to DL the new DLC but i'm just wondering if i should start another play-through or just go right after i beat the warrior.

i'm level 50.
Start the DLC in TVHM. Everything will scale after you beat The Warrior.

Pretty much that for me. Or a hulk (explosive, high pellet shotty - only problems the pellets are so slow), depending on my damage.

Match it up with a short cool down turtle sheild and the skill for gaining shields on a kill maxed out to 100 percent = so damn fun.

Basically running around trying to shoot dudes in the face before you can get killed. Also side effect of having to shoot at the ground at times to hit air enemies :p

dalin80

Banned

There isnt much point to them, the minigun styled ones are interesting but don't come with a large enough magazine to actually use, the more powerful ones are useless due to low CR accuracy and the decent accurate rifles with a small scope are often far too weak.

I do have a rocket minigun with a 38 round mag and usable accuracy which is still my go to for big enemies even though its 11 levels lower then my character, other then that pistols and SMG's are usually far superior.

Friend of mine picked up a orange combat rifle which did 145x2 damage, great for its level but consumed x4 ammo per shot and had a mag size of 12 plus a reload time of 8 seconds, yeah he wasn't too chuffed with spending a golden key for that lovely piece of junk.

Salsa

Got the game since release and I still only played about 8 hours. Ive been waiting on XO5 to join me but he's been busy and it's just hard to be available at the same time.

Pretty sure im just gonna give up on going co-op the first time around (with someone who also still hasnt played it, wich is part of the fun) and just go through SP once my 670 arrives back from RMA.

doubt SP is gonna be as fun but I just need to play this once and for all, already sad that I missed the early discussion/hype-train even though I did everything to be there D:

I've found that Vladov (highest rate of fire) and Bandit (slower rate of fire but larger ammo capacityare generally the only worthwhile assault rifles. Even then they need to be boosted by skills like the Commando's Metal Storm or the Mechromancer's Better Half which can dramatically boost fire rates.

Jakobs generally have high raw damage output that are sabotaged by the slow fire rates and low ammo capacity. They're like scopeless sniper rifles without the stopping power of a sniper rifle.

Torgue AR's can be useful given that there's nothing immune to explosive damage in TVHM but then they generally have slow fire rates and can be highly inaccurate.

It would be nice if Maliwan made AR's but they don't.

In general pistols do tend to be better than AR's (and SMG's). Valdov machine pistols can even out-power their AR counter-parts.

one_kill

Yeah I agree. My main combat rifle is the KerBlaster, but I hardly use it. I also have the one with the tag "speed kills", but it's hardly fun to use.

maomaoIYP

In general pistols do tend to be better than AR's (and SMG's). Valdov machine pistols can even out-power their AR counter-parts.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Jacobs pistols outpower/outfire/outreload Jacobs rifles as well. I was trying to use bandit rifles with the gunzerker auto-reload skill, but then vladov pistols does everything much better.

They really should balance out the weapons a little. Shotguns and pistols basically destroy everything, snipers and rifles are kind of useless.

HoosTrax

Out of the ARs, I think my favorite has to be either:

Vladov eTech ARs - sort of a similar to eTech SMGs, but with the added bonus of richochet rounds that can be useful against shield Nomads, for example. Only downside is high ammo consumption

Veruc - fires a spread pattern similar to Unkempt Harold. For the amount of DPS that it has (assuming all rounds connect with their target), it's actually not an ammo hog. The DPS it puts out at point blank, where the spread pattern isn't an issue, also makes it good for Fight For Your Life situations.

I hate Madhous! -- it really seems gimmicky and useless to me. KerBlaster I kind of like in certain situations, especially against enemies in cover. I can't for the life of me get Hammer Buster to drop -- it's one of the only legendaries besides the ones that drop from Varkids or Loot Midgets that I haven't been able to successfully farm.

Btw, I have two extra Madhous! guns, if someone wants one to experiment with (PC-Steam). Maybe you can find a better use for it than me.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I use ARs a lot because they just plain fit my playstyle well. Stat-wise they're not great but a Commando with the Rifleman class mods can make up for that quite a bit. I really like Vladov ARs and Dahl Miniguns.

I also agree the Madhous sucks. It was the only legendary I got and it barely works.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I feel dirty for doing the slaughterhouse with my level 50 while in someone else's level 24 room. To be fair, they wanted some help in advancing the story to TVHM quickly so I was already helping them and was just along for the ride. Yeah, that sounds right!

Marvie_3

Banned
I feel dirty for doing the slaughterhouse with my level 50 while in someone else's level 24 room. To be fair, they wanted some help in advancing the story to TVHM quickly so I was already helping them and was just along for the ride. Yeah, that sounds right!

Those missions are fucking stupid so I don't blame anyone for taking the easy way through them.

tjohn86

So we beat Gee and he didn't drop much of anything. Not even crystals.

Is Hyperius the only boss that drops the Seraph crystals?

Also, we killed the
Leviathan
again and the treasure room wouldnt open... can you only get there legitimately twice?

Askani

Just started a Mechromancer for the first time and I can't decide between the "Best Friends Forever" or "Little Big Trouble" trees. Decisions, decisions....

So we beat Gee and he didn't drop much of anything. Not even crystals.

Is Hyperius the only boss that drops the Seraph crystals?

Also, we killed the
Leviathan
again and the treasure room wouldnt open... can you only get there legitimately twice?

you probably have to use the 'cheat' to jump up the leviathian. look on youtube for 'borderlands 2 dlc farming' and you should find some videos. can't search at work now though.

Beat this last night, played solo the whole way. Ended up as a level 35 Gunzerker.

Final boss(es) were so easy...Jack took about 3 shotgun blasts to the face to bring down and Warrior took about 30 seconds with a 1000 x 2 + Corrosive auto pistol.

All in all, loved the game but I'm so glad it's done. Took me about 75ish hours including all side quests and I got my fill.

I've spent over 200 hours on this game...and there's still more DLC to come...AND I haven't even started with the Mecromancer yet. Love it.

Yesterday, I decided to learn how to farm the treasure room in the DLC. Took many tries in terms of finding the "elevator" but now I can do it every time without a problem. My advice would be to try this glitch when his body is visible. That way, you'll know exactly where the "sweet spot" is.

Found 1 orange so far in these chests:
photo7-1.jpg

I have a better Bee in my inventory but it was nice to see that. Other than that, I've gotten a few E-Tech weapons.

I'm going to farm some more then hand in the story mission so I can go try my luck against the hidden bosses. If I need to do more farming, I'll accept the 2nd treasure room quest you get.

Beat this last night, played solo the whole way. Ended up as a level 35 Gunzerker.

Final boss(es) were so easy...Jack took about 3 shotgun blasts to the face to bring down and Warrior took about 30 seconds with a 1000 x 2 + Corrosive auto pistol.

All in all, loved the game but I'm so glad it's done. Took me about 75ish hours including all side quests and I got my fill.

I did the same (thanks Sandy!). I'm not sure how long my playtime was, but I think I ended up 35 too. When I finished, my challenge bar showed that I didn't do two side missions (like, 38/40 or 48/50 or something). There's one that I know appears post-game (and I can't do), but what could be the other one?

I did the same (thanks Sandy!). I'm not sure how long my playtime was, but I think I ended up 35 too. When I finished, my challenge bar showed that I didn't do two side missions (like, 38/40 or 48/50 or something). There's one that I know appears post-game (and I can't do), but what could be the other one?

I'm pretty sure I did everyone except the crazy level 50 one that shows up after you beat the game. Not sure what you might have missed.

What should I be farming? I've finished the game on TVHM and am level 50.

Well, what do you need?

Bee Shield - Hunter Helquist
Baby Maker SMG - Madam Von Bartlesby
Hornet Pistol - Knuckledagger
Slagga SMG - Hodunks
Conference Call Shotgun - Warrior
Stormfront Grenade - Splinter Group
Various Class Heads/Skins - BUNKER
Legendary Class Mods - Vermivorous

HoosTrax

Well, what do you need?

Thunderball Pistol - Knuckledagger
Slagga SMG - Hodunks
Knuckledragger drops Hornet actually (which is actually a very good corrosive pistol if you can get the Double variant). Thunderball is dropped by Flynt.

Well, what do you need?

Thunderball Pistol - Knuckledagger
Slagga SMG - Hodunks

I can confirm that the Bee, Maggie, and Legendary Class mods can be found in the chests in the treasure room. I'm going to say that almost any orange in the game can end up in the chests. Still no Conference Call yet though...

I am farming it with the body there and it's got to be easier than without it (just like Hispanicguy said earlier).

I think the best thing about the game is when you have a ton of good weapons and everyone falls like leaves before you. Only level 34 right now:during the last haul in hero's pass I found an automatic Hyperion pistol and a sick corrosive etech belt fed machine gun. Got a conference call from the warrior, got a sniper rifle that has 180% crit rate on it from slots and a rocket launcher which is slow as fuck to fire and to reload but one shot kills even badasses. Have the purple relic from the sheriff for pistols, purple commando class mod, purple, great purple maylay shield etc. The only things I don't have right now are a good grenade (although my slag singularity makes my Dick cry tears of joy when my turrets are going full bore) and a good smg.

This game is jamesfrancosogood.gif

AkuMifune

Banned
Level 48 and struggling. Everything is so brutal in TVHM alone with Zero at this point. Especially since I'm like the only one with a mixed Cunning/Sniping skillset. Death Bl0ss0m is so great though. I feel like if I can just make it to 50 and finally get some decent equipment I can break on through. Just....a bit...more....

Inskipp

Knuckledragger drops Hornet actually (which is actually a very good corrosive pistol if you can get the Double variant). Thunderball is dropped by Flynt.
Yeah I have a 2x version of Hornet, and it's a beast. Best corrosive weapon in the game IMO.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I've spent over 200 hours on this game...and there's still more DLC to come...AND I haven't even started with the Mecromancer yet. Love it.

Yesterday, I decided to learn how to farm the treasure room in the DLC. Took many tries in terms of finding the "elevator" but now I can do it every time without a problem. My advice would be to try this glitch when his body is visible. That way, you'll know exactly where the "sweet spot" is.

Found 1 orange so far in these chests:

I have a better Bee in my inventory but it was nice to see that. Other than that, I've gotten a few E-Tech weapons.

I'm going to farm some more then hand in the story mission so I can go try my luck against the hidden bosses. If I need to do more farming, I'll accept the 2nd treasure room quest you get.

I was going to ask if I could have it. But it looks like you are probably on 360. (I'm on PC).

Fracas

#fuckonami
Well, what do you need?

Hornet Pistol - Knuckledagger
Slagga SMG - Hodunks
I forgot Vermivorous even existed lol. Where/how do I fight him? I could use some class mods.

I forgot Vermivorous even existed lol. Where/how do I fight him? I could use some class mods.

You spawn him by getting a Varkid to evolve past ultimate badass. It's a bitch to get him to appear in my experience. I haven't had any luck.

If you want to try it the best places are the Tundra Express farm house and Caustic Caverns.

Ourobolus

Banned
Anyone have any tips for spawning Vermivorous? Gear, etc. Not for killing him but for surviving until he spawns. Even when I play with others and don't mod if for multiple people on single player - any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom