• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclaren777

I made a video that compares disc vs. digital loading times on the PS3.

Youtube

borderlands2.gif

LQX

Am I doing it wrong? I have over 100 hours with the game and only my Siren is above level 40. Everyone else is sub 20 except my Mechgirly who is in the 30's.

redhot_

Anyone have any tips for spawning Vermivorous? Gear, etc. Not for killing him but for surviving until he spawns. Even when I play with others and don't mod if for multiple people on single player - any help?

If he doesn't spawn in 15mins just reset the room, and if you see adults or badass varkids not going into their pods kill them. Every time I got him he spawned in the first or second batch of larva.

Being a mechromancer with tons of health regen, or a gunzerker with all his movement speed buffs/gear works very well and is just alot of fun to run like crazy.

Well, what do you need?

Bee Shield - Hunter Helquist
Baby Maker SMG - Madam Von Bartlesby
Hornet Pistol - Knuckledagger
Slagga SMG - Hodunks
Conference Call Shotgun - Warrior
Stormfront Grenade - Splinter Group
Various Class Heads/Skins - BUNKER
Legendary Class Mods - Vermivorous

I can't emphasize enough how great a Level 50 Slagga is. High damage output, huge mag size. Best of all it's a relatively easy weapon to farm.

A couple additions I'd make to the list:

Bitch (Best SMG in the game IMO) - BNK3R
Hellfire - Scorch in Frostburn Canyon
Unkempt Harold - Savage Lee in Three Horns Divide
Infinity - Doc Mercy in Three Horns Valley
Quasar (great shock singularity grenade mod) - Drops from Ultimate Badass Varkids

There's also the Skullmasher which drops from Son of Mothrakk, but each time you want to farm for it you have to go all the way through the Preserve, so it can be very time consuming.

I heard if you equip Blood of Terramorphous relics you increase the chances of each varkid turning into a bigger one.

Everything I've read indicates that the Blood of Terra has no effect on the evolution of varkids. FWIW, I've gotten Verm to spawn 15-20 times and not once did I have the Blood of Terra. The most important thing is to either play in a group of four or, if you're going solo, to use the 4-player slider.

maomaoIYP

If he doesn't spawn in 15mins just reset the room, and if you see adults or badass varkids not going into their pods kill them. Every time I got him he spawned in the first or second batch of larva.

Being a mechromancer with tons of health regen, or a gunzerker with all his movement speed buffs/gear works very well and is just alot of fun to run like crazy.

Did you do it solo? The odds for spawning him solo is supposed to be 1 in 2000+.
With a 4 man team it's 1 in 60.

HoosTrax

Everything I've read indicates that the Blood of Terra has no effect on the evolution of varkids. FWIW, I've gotten Verm to spawn 15-20 times and not once did I have the Blood of Terra. The most important thing is to either play in a group of four or, if you're going solo, to use the 4-player slider.
This^

The only other thing I'll add to the above is that I farm at the Tundra Express Farmhouse location, and there's a timed event where Bandit Buzzard will appear over the area after a certain amount of time. I use that event as a "gauge" of sorts -- Vermi should appear before the Buzzards start appearing.

So what really is the point of doing EVERYTHING on my first play through?? Why shouldn't I just jump into Vault Hunter as soon as I can? I understand there are some mission weapons you should wait for after VH mode but wouldn't I loot the same (on average) weapons without waiting??

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So what really is the point of doing EVERYTHING on my first play through?? Why shouldn't I just jump into Vault Hunter as soon as I can? I understand there are some mission weapons you should wait for after VH mode but wouldn't I loot the same (on average) weapons without waiting??
Do it all to get all the XP, and have enough XP to not get slaughtered along the way of the main quest line.

Unless you'd rather grind out areas/bosses instead of doing the quests for the quest XP rewards.

Double D

Can someone jump in my game really quick and help me kill Bloodwing? I'm lvl 43 and he's lvl 44 and just handing my ass right to me. I'm on PC and this will be the first time playing it co-op. Thanks in advance.

Send me an invite and I'll jump in, granted I'm only level 40 on my Mechromancer, shouldn't be a problem because...well I'm a Mechromancer. Steam ID: Ke0 (that's a zero not a O)

I made a video that compares disc vs. digital loading times on the PS3.

Youtube

borderlands2.gif

jesus at those loadtimes, and I thought my 5 second load times on PC were annoying.

I will never complain again.

Csokis

Unlock Maya the Siren's spooky "Fright of the Bumblebee" customization in Borderlands 2 with the below SHiFT code!

PC SHiFT Code: WTKBJ-XRHTW-C63BT-JTB33-J6C9T
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WJC3T-SS6S5-X9FTF-WRTB3-BT39H
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: KTCTJ-ZHCKB-BKKW3-STCJT-3FZTW

Gravijah

TVHM has made me resentful towards my Commando. half the skills in my tree just feel worthless, and i want to re-spec but there's just nothing else to spec to. the middle tree doesn't seem worth it, the right tree looks built for soloing.

HoosTrax

TVHM has made me resentful towards my Commando. half the skills in my tree just feel worthless, and i want to re-spec but there's just nothing else to spec to. the middle tree doesn't seem worth it, the right tree looks built for soloing.
For Commando TVHM, I liked the skills that boost your Turret with increased duration, rockets, dual guns +slag bullets, and a Phalanx shield.

Csokis

Unlock Salvador the Gunzerker's spooky "Killer Bee" customization in Borderlands 2 with the below SHiFT code!

PC SHiFT Code: CTK3J-9XH3W-CRB3J-33TBJ-9JJHW
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WTK33-HFR95-RZRJX-KRBB3-CZ3KF
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: C3W3B-5JX5J-3C55J-ZJWTJ-RH3HR

gblues

Banned
Can someone jump in my game really quick and help me kill Bloodwing? I'm lvl 43 and he's lvl 44 and just handing my ass right to me. I'm on PC and this will be the first time playing it co-op. Thanks in advance.

Hahaha I just went through that exact fight last night. Wish I'd seen it or I would've helped you out.

And yes, Bloodwing handed me my ass many, many times before I finally made her my bitch.

If you're still having trouble, here's my advice:

1) Forget about using a bee. I have a lv 29 bee, and even with a class mod that boosted shields, it was barely over 2K. This pretty much made me a OHKO.

2) This fight is all about rate-of-fire. You need a weapon that does a significant amount of damage, has a fairly fast reload, and is reasonably accurate. I ended up using a jakobs pistol.

3) Tempting though it is, don't try to cheat by staying in the respawn area. Bloodwing instantly reloads with full health at the fire stage if her health bar disappears.

4) KEEP MOVING. Dodge the adds so you have something to kill if you need to FFYL. Mordecai tosses health vials into the middle area, so as long as you don't end up on the business end of Bloodwing's power dive you should be able to keep your health up.

Unlock Maya the Siren's spooky "Fright of the Bumblebee" customization in Borderlands 2 with the below SHiFT code!

PC SHiFT Code: WTKBJ-XRHTW-C63BT-JTB33-J6C9T
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WJC3T-SS6S5-X9FTF-WRTB3-BT39H
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: KTCTJ-ZHCKB-BKKW3-STCJT-3FZTW

Unlock Salvador the Gunzerker's spooky "Killer Bee" customization in Borderlands 2 with the below SHiFT code!

PC SHiFT Code: CTK3J-9XH3W-CRB3J-33TBJ-9JJHW
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WTK33-HFR95-RZRJX-KRBB3-CZ3KF
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: C3W3B-5JX5J-3C55J-ZJWTJ-RH3HR
thanks!

PC SHiFT Code for a Spooky Axton Skin in Borderlands 2: KT53J-36HBK-W6JJ3-BJJB3-WH95H
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Spooky Axton Skin in Borderlands 2: KBKBT-WH6Z5-X96B6-WX3TJ-5J6J3
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for a Spooky Axton Skin in Borderlands 2: CJ5T3-5H5KT-3KCKT-9JKBB-3SKHT

SHiFT codes for Zer0’s "Hornet's Nest" customization are coming up at 4PM CT -- find out when that is for you here: http://bit.ly/SudPEc

All of today's SHiFT codes will be active until Sunday, November 4 at 11:55PM CT -- find out when that is for you here: http://bit.ly/Sb8Ogf

http://twitter.com/GearboxSoftware/

Mr. Fix

PC SHiFT Code for a Spooky Axton Skin in Borderlands 2: KT53J-36HBK-W6JJ3-BJJB3-WH95H
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Spooky Axton Skin in Borderlands 2: KBKBT-WH6Z5-X96B6-WX3TJ-5J6J3
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for a Spooky Axton Skin in Borderlands 2: CJ5T3-5H5KT-3KCKT-9JKBB-3SKHT

SHiFT codes for Zer0’s "Hornet's Nest" customization are coming up at 4PM CT -- find out when that is for you here: http://bit.ly/SudPEc

All of today's SHiFT codes will be active until Sunday, November 4 at 11:55PM CT -- find out when that is for you here: http://bit.ly/Sb8Ogf

http://twitter.com/GearboxSoftware/

No Gaige love? :/

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So I redeemed the codes so far but when I booted up my game and used the item it never showed up in my skin list for my Commando.

EDIT: Figured it out. Each time you load a game only one of the items will be in your inventory. The first couple I used were the ones for other classes.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How strange to need special codes to unlock content that, I assume, is already on our systems and isn't paid DLC.
Which reminds me, what happened to the Halloween related quests people datamined from the game files?

Today is Halloween after all.

one_kill

I went with the defensive tree with my Commando so I could get the health/health regeneration bonuses and the two turrets. Once I got the two turrets, I focused on improving them by increasing their duration and shots fired, as well as adding rocket launchers.

PC SHiFT Code for a Spooky Zer0 Skin in Borderlands 2: 5J5JB-B9S35-W6J33-3BJBT-33JSF [Details: http://bit.ly/Vb2Amj ]
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Spooky Zer0 Skin in Borderlands 2: 5J53B-J96HW-F9FBX-CFTT3-FTFXS [Details: http://bit.ly/Vb2Amj ]
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for a Spooky Zer0 Skin in Borderlands 2: KBKB3-J3R5J-BKCKT-H3W33-9F56C [ Details: http://bit.ly/Vb2Amj ]

SHiFT codes for Gaige's "Stinger Missile" are coming up next at 6PM CT -- find out when that is for you here: http://bit.ly/VCCQe8

-BLITZ-

Interesting indeed. I luckily have the class mod he's talking about, so I'll play around with this. Giving up my slag turret will be tough, though.

Intresting! I'm using Guerrilla Slag Turret though. I would change it for Gemini, but I can't continue using only Slag Weapons through the entire game. :/

Toki1776

They're awful on both consoles.

PC is 2-5 seconds every time no matter what.
Heh, the difference in load times doesn't bother me nearly as much as having to wait for the PS3 to save before I can go to a new area... instant on PC, takes nearly a minute* on PS3.

*probably hyperbole, but it feels like that at times...

Anyone who bought the game from GMG had a problem with the Season pass? Steam Support tells me I have a retail version and that they can't help me!? What is that supposed to mean?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom