• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the GTX 660 ti now, but I was originally going to dump it for the 7950. Now, I'm going to sell both and get the GTX 670. PhysX in this game is something I'd like to experience. The Gigabyte GTX 670 is on sale for $359.99 at Newegg right now, and that includes a code for Borderlands 2 (which you could also sell if you don't need it).

Nekrono

Hey, here's more glorious PC footage, courtesy of Newegg. Using the Nvidia GTX 660:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEHoD9FBauM

Man this really looks cool, I usually don't fall for Physx in games and therefore it doesn't even bother me not having and Nvidia but I have to say I wish I had one for this game.

I hope that with a 2500k and a 7970 I can enable Physx on Medium to get some of that eye candy without completely killing my FPS, just like Alice Madness Returns, what do you guys think?

I never thought about how the Mechromancer fights. Has it been revealed? Is her skill calling Deathtrap into the fight (kinda like an AI buddie/turret)? Does she ride in the thing? Or is it something else?

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Did you see this after you activated on Steam?
Is there any other way to check?

nvm

check here

g8LrI.png

FtHTiny

I never thought about how the Mechromancer fights. Has it been revealed? Is her skill calling Deathtrap into the fight (kinda like an AI buddie/turret)? Does she ride in the thing? Or is it something else?

I think deathtrap is permanent and she runs besides him shooting a gun.

Rengoku

About 11 hours into the game on the PS3. Despite lots of texture pop-in, its been running pretty smoothly. Very minor tearing, but other than that, really enjoying the game. I won't leave any spoilers, but I just want to say, absolutely LOVE the dialog so far. Some of these characters crack me up, lol.

Remmy2112

Image of Zero cosplayer and remote control Claptrap.

Also the launch trailer shown during the Borderlands 2 panel, which I'm told wasn't included in the livestream, was pretty sweet. Siren fist bump!

Edit: One of the team had a funny story about phyX. He said there are some bandit outhouses (with something scrawled on the side I won't spoil) that you can open for.. ammo or loot. They also deposit poo on the ground. He opened a bunch of these as a Siren then phaselocked an enemy, which pulls various debris, liquids, and other stuff from the environment like a black hole for a short time. This included the poo which swirled around the enemy before it was killed.

Riggs

Banned
Ok so I got TL2 pre ordered. I am going to go crazy and play the hell outa TL1 until Borderlands 2 releases. Also got Black Mesa mod to keep me busy. This will be a good week : )

Just hoping my 680 runs this game at really high fps w/ physx on high. I am such a whore for physx.

Ok so I got TL2 pre ordered. I am going to go crazy and play the hell outa TL1 until Borderlands 2 releases. Also got Black Mesa mod to keep me busy. This will be a good week : )

Just hoping my 680 runs this game at really high fps w/ physx on high. I am such a whore for physx.

The Newegg video had them running the game with a GTX 660, and they were getting decent performance. I'd imagine an overclocked 680 will max this game out.

Though it hasn't been explicitly stated what game it is, but looking at the twitter accounts of Phil Kollar and Jeff Gerstmann, there have been tweets about a co-op game being broken and the scriping being glitchy to a point where Kollar had to quit the game and not because of exhaustion. Unfortunately I'm on my phone and can't directly link said tweets.

Oh no, please be just an elaborate joke. But man, it would be a massive bummer if it's the co-op game we all hope it isn't. Massive bummer.

Though it hasn't been explicitly stated what game it is, but looking at the twitter accounts of Phil Kollar and Jeff Gerstmann, there have been tweets about a co-op game being broken and the scriping being glitchy to a point where Kollar had to quit the game and not because of exhaustion. Unfortunately I'm on my phone and can't directly link said tweets.

Oh no, please be just an elaborate joke. But man, it would be a massive bummer if it's the co-op game we all hope it isn't. Massive bummer.
FRKaW.png

U2lbA.png

IHaveIce

Banned
Yeah, I posted about that yesterday and was pretty disappointed at the lack of concern by GAF. Even though I'm not personally affected by it, it's a pretty abhorrent business action that should frankly be illegal.

I'm also not affected, but I'm shocked. How is this even possible, there are no excuses for this.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member

Kevin VanOrd has a particular tweet of the same ilk. Sounds bad and I pray it isn't BL2.

Xanathus

What does that mean actually? That Germans can only play with Germans? Dutch with Dutch? France with France? UK with UK or does this just concern the Russian version?

It means that people from all CIS countries (formerly under Soviet Republic) like Ukraine have had their purchases suddenly switched to the Russian version even though this wasn't stated at all on the store page, which means their version of the game is *only* in Russian. They can only play with other people who are using the Russian version, but that's a smaller problem compared to the fact that many people in these countries don't even speak Russian now.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
The PhysX implementations look neat. I usually barely care at all, but these interactive fluids are A-OK in my book.

It means that people from all CIS countries (formerly under Soviet Republic) like Ukraine have had their purchases suddenly switched to the Russian version even though this wasn't stated at all on the store page, which means their version of the game is *only* in Russian. They can only play with other people who are using the Russian version, but that's a smaller problem compared to the fact that many people in these countries don't even speak Russian now.

Oh, i see. Sucks for them. I would have been upset as well. Gearbox should definitely change that asap.

Xanathus

Oh, i see. Sucks for them. I would have been upset as well. Gearbox should definitely change that asap.

Another problem is that it seems that some of them paid the full EU price for the game which is something like 60 EU, but the Russian version is much cheaper. So basically they got scammed by 2K with a shoddier product.

Another problem is that it seems that some of them paid the full EU price for the game which is something like 60 EU, but the Russian version is much cheaper. So basically they got scammed by 2K with a shoddier product.

Ouch. Shame on you, Gearbox. That is not something I expected from a company like yours.

Nabs

I just noticed that while looking at the store page. That really sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom