• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Decided I'm going to cancel my preorder and just get this from Gamefly due to the Premiere Club bullshit. Any preorder should qualify.

Nekrono

I'm about to purchase this on Steam and I see that it unlocks on the 20th for me for some weird reason.

How would I go about unlocking it on the 18th?

jediyoshi

Just saw the Japanese box art

9Dr03.jpg

Pooor salavador

Borderlands 2 Weapons Maker Spotlight:

Jakobs, Torgue, Dahl, Tediore, Bandit, Hyperion

It's strange, but from all the improvements in this game I think one of my favourites is the increased diversity between the different gun companies. I mean, the companies in BL were a fun novelty, but I never remembered what they were good at. But now I will probably never forget that Tediore are the gun grenade company. Although I think given the choice I will likely lean towards the Bandit guns, rarely reloading sounds very appealing.

Neverfade

Anyone who ordered te Loot chest edition from Amazon: is there anywhere I can find out which Platform I ordered it for? It's been so long I can't remember and I don't see it anywhere on the order page.

harrytang

Awww. No more Dahl shotguns?

Damn.

Every manufacturer makes every gun type. Those articles are poorly written and only showing highlights. I'm assuming they just working with assets gearbox gave them. Not a true exclusive rundown of weapons. Plus guns can combine manufactures so even more types.

Aggrotek

Every manufacturer makes every gun type. Those articles are poorly written and only showing highlights. I'm assuming they just working with assets gearbox gave them. Not a true exclusive rundown of weapons. Plus guns can combine manufactures so even more types.

Plus they didn't even show Vladof or Maliwan.

Ultimadrago

Ah, alright then. Thanks for clarification.

Or S&S Munitions, though it seems like their trademark boosted magazine size has been taken over by Bandit. I'll still miss my bright yellow guns.

I don't think S&S is in the game anymore, which makes me sad since they and Atlas made my favorite snipers.

Edit: beaten

Neverfade

Sooooon of a.... So I called Amazon. Totally ordered the loot chest for the wrong platform. Anyone want to trade their 360 chest for my PS3 chest? :/

Razek

Banned
Yeah, I definitely want to see what people end up picking up loot wise for those crazy outlier guns that are insanely good early.

Megasoum

Banned
It's weird to read you guys.... I've played through the first one multiple times on both PC and 360 and yet I never noticed the different manufacturer... I mean, I knew there was multiple companies but I learned about the specific characteristics for each companies with the PR for the second game.

harrytang

It's weird to read you guys.... I've played through the first one multiple times on both PC and 360 and yet I never noticed the different manufacturer... I mean, I knew there was multiple companies but I learned about the specific characteristics for each companies with the PR for the second game.

i feel ya. i just new all whites were Atlas and yellow were S&S. Other than that didnt care at all.

BL2 they've made it easy to tell who is who and its great. Cant wait.

I don't know about anybody else, but they way I learned different manufacturers had different stat allocations was by the stuff the vending machines said and it just kind of stuck. The guns also had lots of prefixes that meant stuff like Masher on revolvers indicated it fired a shot gun style spread of seven pellets or for shot guns anything that said hunter on it meant it was a high accuracy shotgun with little to no spread.

I've been playing the game for a few hours now; I'm at level 9. One huge technical problem I haven't heard mentioned is the limited FOV (if I'm using the term correctly). Basically the view is so 'zoomed in' that you have to constantly move your vision, so much so it made me sick. I tested the old borderlands and it was not as zoomed in, it's like it's claustrophobic.

I assume with the updated visuals they had to limit how much was on screen. It's not a problem in wide open areas but certainly is for me in anything else. I loved borderlands 1 and 2 so far is amazing. They actually added a good story and the events feel more scripted and you feel like you are actually apart of a world instead of a generic landscape.

I checked my xbox resolution and also display options but there was no option to zoom out, so to speak.

The FOV is a big problem for me, like I said it was making me sick. I don't normally play pc games but I'm going to buy on a pc. I assume my pc will be able to 'zoom out' and draw more on the screen.

edit:
I would also like to add that I have been playing on the xbox 360 version.

I've been playing the game for a few hours now; I'm at level 9. One huge technical problem I haven't heard mentioned is the limited FOV (if I'm using the term correctly). Basically the view is so 'zoomed in' that you have to constantly move your vision, so much so it made me sick. I tested the old borderlands and it was not as zoomed in, it's like it's claustrophobic.

I assume with the updated visuals they had to limit how much was on screen. It's not a problem in wide open areas but certainly is for me in anything else. I loved borderlands 1 and 2 so far is amazing. They actually added a good story and the events feel more scripted and you feel like you are actually apart of a world instead of a generic landscape.

I checked my xbox resolution and also display options but there was no option to zoom out, so to speak.

The FOV is a big problem for me, like I said it was making me sick. I don't normally play pc games but I'm going to buy on a pc. I assume my pc will be able to 'zoom out' and draw more on the screen.

FOV Slider bb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom