• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SgtCobra

Here is a tip for those playing on PS3 (this might work on 360). If you have a second controller, start up a split screen game with 2 players. Once the world has loaded, you can then immediately quit, and if the engine is the same as borderlands, it should unlock the framerate for single player. This worked on the original game and you could get frame rates around the ~40s for most areas. Sometimes you would get 60.

Whoa that's great, hope it still works on BL2
Any word about console parity? I'm gonna double dip the PC version + one console version, but I'm pretty much uninformed about the console version.

Gotchaye

Playing through the original again this weekend, it occurs to me that Accuracy is a really hard to get stat in Borderlands 2. It's an interesting stat in the first one in that it's one of the only ones that doesn't just scale some part of the experience - high +accuracy makes inaccurate guns like SMGs more appealing relative to accurate guns like Sniper Rifles. There aren't even many skills with accuracy bonuses in the new one.

I'm thinking this means that the overall feeling of using different types of guns (barring wonky modifiers on the weapons themselves) isn't going to change very much over the course of the game, such that SMGs are always inaccurate at long ranges and Sniper Rifles are always the obvious weapon for long-distance shooting. Strikes me as a good thing.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Playing through the original again this weekend, it occurs to me that Accuracy is a really hard to get stat in Borderlands 2. It's an interesting stat in the first one in that it's one of the only ones that doesn't just scale some part of the experience - high +accuracy makes inaccurate guns like SMGs more appealing relative to accurate guns like Sniper Rifles. There aren't even many skills with accuracy bonuses in the new one.

I'm thinking this means that the overall feeling of using different types of guns (barring wonky modifiers on the weapons themselves) isn't going to change very much over the course of the game, such that SMGs are always inaccurate at long ranges and Sniper Rifles are always the obvious weapon for long-distance shooting. Strikes me as a good thing.
What I don't get is what makes up accuracy. Does it include recoil?

Unicorn

Wow. What a hassle. My bank hassled me to get the base game bought, but finally let me, but now I can't get the purchase for the Season Pass to go through

LLShC.gif

Gotchaye

Oh. ok. Also of alot times it felt like accuracy didn't matter. Just cuz recoil seems the same everywhere.

It mattered quite a bit for trying to snipe with Combat Rifles or SMGs. With high (30+) weapon proficiency, a 90 rating on the gun card was sufficient to get critical hits from very far away. You're not holding down the trigger; you're burst-firing.

Razek

Banned
Whoa that's great, hope it still works on BL2
Any word about console parity? I'm gonna double dip the PC version + one console version, but I'm pretty much uninformed about the console version.

Pick the one where you have the most friends, especially IRL friends.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Really tempted to grab this from GMG, but I didn't like the first one at all. Any impressions from people who weren't too keen on the first?

Unicorn

Really tempted to grab this from GMG, but I didn't like the first one at all. Any impressions from people who weren't too keen on the first?

Depends on why you didn't like the first one, really.

Man, why is GMG such a goddamn trainwreck in terms of paying for shit.

Pre-loaded on steam, total for the game and the season pass was around 35€ thanks to GMG discount and steam putting up the wrong price when they started to sell the season pass.
Now I just need to finish up the first game, should have the main stuff done by Friday having just killed
Flynt.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Pre-loaded on steam, total for the game and the season pass was around 35€ thanks to GMG discount and steam putting up the wrong price when they started to sell the season pass.
Now I just need to finish up the first game, should have the main stuff done by Friday having just killed
Flynt.
Nope. About 75%

addyb

I got my steam copy for £22 thanks to taking part in a 4 pack bundle. All pre loaded. Sorry to ask but when will this be available to play? I'm in no rush though. I've only recently been playing the original so don't want to play this yet and suffer from burnout.

jediyoshi

I got my steam copy for £22 thanks to taking part in a 4 pack bundle. All pre loaded. Sorry to ask but when will this be available to play? I'm in no rush though. I've only recently been playing the original so don't want to play this yet and suffer from burnout.

If it's already registered to your steam account, there's a countdown to the unlock for your region on the game's store page.

46AVz.jpg

Unicorn

dfa.png

Been looking at this for like 10 minutes now. Went ahead and tried registering another card since that's what worked when Paypal wouldn't for getting BL2, but getting this Season Pass has proved imposisble. WTF GMG.

Well, the money is out of the account, but I'm still at this screen. buuuuh

geeko

I just want to be sure. This game is going to unlock at 9:00pm PST? Basically as soon as its available east coast, the whole US gets it? Or is it available at midnight with each time zone?

Mikey Jr.

Here is a tip for those playing on PS3 (this might work on 360). If you have a second controller, start up a split screen game with 2 players. Once the world has loaded, you can then immediately quit, and if the engine is the same as borderlands, it should unlock the framerate for single player. This worked on the original game and you could get frame rates around the ~40s for most areas. Sometimes you would get 60.

Wow, no idea this existed. Hopefully the ps version isnt garbage. The main promblem in bl was the HORRENDOUS loadtimes. Hopefully thats fixed.

Razek

Banned
wouldn't that make it like 4 am est?

Definitively, it's the crack of 12est on Monday 'night' (technically very early Tuesday morning) according to the steam page.

Wow, no idea this existed. Hopefully the ps version isnt garbage. The main promblem in bl was the HORRENDOUS loadtimes. Hopefully thats fixed.

Oh yeah, I hear you. This was the worst thing about the entire game. If you used the game chat, it would stutter and become useless during loading as well, so everyone just sat there bored for 40 seconds until "Oops! I forgot something in the last map!" 40 more seconds of loading x2. URGH. That's why I double dipped. Hopefully the PS3 install fixes this issue. (can't say about the 360 version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom