• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never played borderlands but so far from what I read it looks promising. First person shooter, upgrades like a traditional RPG and the best of all coop. Maybe I'll install borderlands 1 that I got thanks to PlayStation plus to check it out. But I'm hesitant because I don't have much time and with re6 right around the corner I doubt I'll finish it right in time. Also by now why not jump straight to borderlands 2?
Borderlands and BL2 is essentially the first real World of Warcraft FPS co-op.
You get quest, hunt stuff, go on raids (aka co-op again bosses etc) Grind and have story based missions.

Hey my group on PC is looking for a 4th player to play with us this week, we're planning on playing as it becomes available to play on Steam and A LOT throughout the week. Reply or PM me if you might be interested!

Nekofrog

Banned
Broke down and preordered, just because of the amazing PC support this game seems to have.

And I enjoyed the first one, but that's besides the point right now.

FRKaW.png

U2lbA.png

Even if it is RE6, I don't think Jeff is reviewing RE6. That would be a bit strange considering Brad played RE5

I just want any reason why it's not Borderlands 2 ugh.

But I guess I really should just think for myself.

Izayoi

Banned
Borderlands and BL2 is essentially the first real World of Warcraft FPS co-op.
You get quest, hunt stuff, go on raids (aka co-op again bosses etc) Grind and have story based missions.
I think that "Diablo/Torchlight FPS in the future" is more appropriate.

Even if it is RE6, I don't think Jeff is reviewing RE6. That would be a bit strange considering Brad played RE5

I just want any reason why it's not Borderlands 2 ugh.

But I guess I really should just think for myself.
It's been confirmed that it's not BL2. Read a little further through the thread.

abundant

After watching some YT vids, I can safely say that BL2 is going to be a better single player game then the first. It's more story focused and there seems to be 20X more Dialog then the first one. It feels more like a true SP game than an MMO that you play by yourself.

TheDanger

Banned
I'm gonna pre-order this and share the cost with a friend, because we're going to play split screen co-op only. Is the bonus content going to be of any use to both of us or just to the one who redeems the code/s ?

How is there not a iPhone wallpaper that looks like a skill tree selector but surrounds your icon grid? I was going to make one but then I realized it was going to be too much work, haha.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
YES. Thank you, I would have NEVER looked there!
Yea I was reading in the forums that the client for sending emails and sending keys out is separate and one of the mods got the key server to work right and give everyone their keys. But the emails will take a little longer.

Razek

Banned
Yea I was reading in the forums that the client for sending emails and sending keys out is separate and one of the mods got the key server to work right and give everyone their keys. But the emails will take a little longer.

GMG certainly seems dodgy, but I can't beat 45% off at launch + I got my key, so all is well. I would use them again I think.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GMG certainly seems dodgy, but I can't beat 45% off at launch + I got my key, so all is well. I would use them again I think.
Yeah the discount is still worth it even if I don't get the key on or before launch.

As long as I get it, that's still worth it.

IHaveIce

Banned
Was the Claptrap DLC for the first game any good? maybe I will download it now just to get in Borderlands mood, it is the last thing that I don't have for BL1.. except one Moxxi quest.

Xevren

Was the Claptrap DLC for the first game any good? maybe I will download it now just to get in Borderlands mood, it is the last thing that I don't have for BL1.. except one Moxxi quest.

I just finished it yesterday and really liked it, I liked them all except Moxxi.

Borderlands 2 is already the 16th best selling game on Amazon.com in 2012 and it hasn't even come out yet?

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-...=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0D7J5MCE28PTXT3ZPJR2#1[/QUTE]
It is out preordering cod and halo on amazon.
astonishing, hopefully we get another borderlands game.

They'll probably greenlight BL3 a week after this launches; heck, they may have already given the positive response to this game so far.

XeroSauce

One of the best DLCs in the bunch. Leagues better then Moxxi's, better then Zombie, debatable for Knoxx because Knoxx got us the armory.

Megasoum

Banned
Man...I still have flashbacks from the first time I finished the Armory with my friend... We were running around like two kids on christmas morning with all the chests. When the countdown went low we decided to find the exit. It went a bit like that...

-All right so where's the exit?
-Must be down that shaft
-Yeah ok let's go then, only 10 sec left
Both dudes jump down the elevator shaft
-Oh FUCK this is NOT the exit
-No.....but IT'S EVEN MORE LOOOOOTTTT

And then proceed to run around and open chests until we both dies hahahaha... We still talk about it from time to time when we talk about Blands lol.

Razek

Banned
Here is a tip for those playing on PS3 (this might work on 360). If you have a second controller, start up a split screen game with 2 players. Once the world has loaded, you can then immediately quit, and if the engine is the same as borderlands, it should unlock the framerate for single player. This worked on the original game and you could get frame rates around the ~40s for most areas. Sometimes you would get 60.

legbone

well, amazon has charged me for my loot chest and it says shipping soon. the wait is going to kill me. maybe it will give me time to decide what character to play first as. i have it narrowed down to zero or axton. but then again, sal seems pretty cool. dammit i cannot make up my mind. i had no problem choosing in the first one (mordecai for life!), but nothing grabs me like bloodwing did in the first one. if gaige was available at launch, my decision would have been much easier.

After watching some YT vids, I can safely say that BL2 is going to be a better single player game then the first. It's more story focused and there seems to be 20X more Dialog then the first one. It feels more like a true SP game than an MMO that you play by yourself.

Yay.

I thought geffs tweet was about a scripted game?

Even the 1st borderlands has small bits of scripting when big doors open and things like that.

Could be anything, doesn't mean the game is scripted to the level of Call of Duty.

But I mean his gamertag isn't a secret, if you look at it he's playing BL2 at this very moment.

Megasoum

Banned
This is true. He always mentions odd stuff in QL that never occurs to me or bothers me.

I even have first hand experience on a game I worked on where he encountered a bug during the review that he reported to us and that we had never seen in the like 10 months of QA before that lol.

That kind of thing happen with complex games like we have nowadays, it's just funny that it always happen to him.

foogles

Is it possible to respec the badass tokens or are they redeemed forever once you use them?

They are redeemed forever. But they're unlimited, so you could just keep playing and get more of them to add to whatever you want, so I'm not upset about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom