• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

I know lots of people want to play and just skip through the story as the story may not have been a huge role in the first game, but I highly encourage you listen to the dialogue.

awh yeah

miqe1aiefvpe6nhr7t08.jpeg

Ultimadrago

Just a few personal tips/notes before you embark on your final 24 hours!

I know lots of people want to play and just skip through the story as the story may not have been a huge role in the first game, but I highly encourage you listen to the dialogue. There isn't much mission text anymore and you won't need to sit there and read a page of text before going onto the next mission. That is all now presented to you in spoken dialogue. This brings up the new feature where you can move away from NPCs and they will pop up to your Echo box and continue on with what they are saying wherever you go, but make sure to listen, as the story is amazing. Anthony Burch, writer for Borderlands 2, knocked it out of the park. You guys will laugh as this is Borderlands and humor is always present in this universe but there are some very tense and serious moments as well.

So if you play co-op, take your time. It isn't a race and make sure to let your friends know that as well as some may attempt to speed through and interrupt dialogue with others as they run around hitting ever NPC. Don't let them :). The world is huge, explore all the nooks and crannies. The level design team did an amazing job in making sure to hide some fun things for you guys. Hit up all the side quests as you guys will get a freaking kick out of those.

Try to stay away from the spoilers on the internet. Make sure to enjoy it all and enjoy the moments you will experience.

Gearbox is the most passionate group of people I have ever worked with and I'm stoked that BL2 is finally coming out . We have barely scratched the surface with all the stuff we've shown to the press. You are in for a wild ride. Have fun :)

Since this was the last post on the previous page. Quoting for others to read...

and thanks Adam!

I am curious to see what new experiences await in Pandora starting tomorrow night.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

I know lots of people want to play and just skip through the story as the story may not have been a huge role in the first game, but I highly encourage you listen to the dialogue. There isn't much mission text anymore and you won't need to sit there and read a page of text before going onto the next mission. That is all now presented to you in spoken dialogue. This brings up the new feature where you can move away from NPCs and they will pop up to your Echo box and continue on with what they are saying wherever you go, but make sure to listen, as the story is amazing. Anthony Burch, writer for Borderlands 2, knocked it out of the park. You guys will laugh as this is Borderlands and humor is always present in this universe but there are some very tense and serious moments as well.

So if you play co-op, take your time. It isn't a race and make sure to let your friends know that as well as some may attempt to speed through and interrupt dialogue with others as they run around hitting ever NPC. Don't let them :). The world is huge, explore all the nooks and crannies. The level design team did an amazing job in making sure to hide some fun things for you guys. Hit up all the side quests as you guys will get a freaking kick out of those.

Try to stay away from the spoilers on the internet. Make sure to enjoy it all and enjoy the moments you will experience.

Gearbox is the most passionate group of people I have ever worked with and I'm stoked that BL2 is finally coming out . We have barely scratched the surface with all the stuff we've shown to the press. You are in for a wild ride. Have fun :)
That's not undercore man.

1. How does having 1, 2, 3, or 4 people impact the drop rate and loot rarity?
2. Is the +Find Rare Items mod still in?

All I need is a Jakob's shotty and I'm good to go!

P.S. Adam isn't kidding. Having played the game 3 times, once per platform in 3 different places it's got all the BL1 had and way more. The main draw for me is how much more varied the guns should be with the evolution of the parts system.
It's a damn shame that Split Screen for PC wasn't an option, but c'est la vie

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
1. How does having 1, 2, 3, or 4 people impact the drop rate and loot rarity?
2. Is the +Find Rare Items mod still in?

More people is more loot. Not sure on rarity with more people but you have more options so technically yes.

The premiere club bonus offers Lucky's Relic which actually raises the chances of you finding rare items by a small bit. So yes.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
More people is more loot. Not sure on rarity with more people but you have more options so technically yes.

The premiere club bonus offers Lucky's Relic which actually raises the chances of you finding rare items by a small bit. So yes.
Ah, I was going to hold off on opening the chest until I was level capped, but now I guess not? Or is everything in there just level 15 or something fixed?

Many thanks.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™

actually this brings up a question. you know how when your starting, each charc has
a tape of they're back ground and why there on pandora
, when you click on it, it disappears, is it gone forever or is it in some menu somewhere?

Since this was the last post on the previous page. Quoting!

100 ppp ftw

Fracas

#fuckonami

So hyped!

AdamF, one question: If people were gifted Borderlands 2 through a Steam 4-pack are they exempt from pre-order bonuses?
Another question I'd like to add: Is the code for access to the Borderlands 2 Premium Club included with all copies in the first print run, or just certain retailers? I've heard mixed things on that.

ezekial45

Banned
Adam, can you tell us the most bizarre gun loot you've encountered? I know you've been around the game for such a long time now, but there must be something that caught you by surprise.

I'm just hoping you guys really upped the ante and have some really off the wall gun loot to offer.

Coalition-PezRadar

Ah, I was going to hold off on opening the chest until I was level capped, but now I guess not? Or is everything in there just level 15 or something fixed?

Many thanks.

Golden Chest Scales with you. Lucky's Relic will just be in your inventory like the Golden Guns when you begin playing.

actually this brings up a question. you know how when your starting, each charc has
a tape of they're back ground and why there on pandora
, when you click on it, it disappears, is it gone forever or is it in some menu somewhere?
it is a consumable and is used

Other questions:
Premiere Club should come with all copies in a 4 pack
Premiere Club should be on receipts/emails from the retailers. Some EU territories may have them in the box depending on how they did their process initially. Don't know exactly.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Adam, can you tell us the most bizarre gun loot you've encountered? I know you've been around the game for such a long time now, but there must be something that caught you by surprise.

I'm just hoping you guys really upped the ante and have some really off the wall gun loot to offer.
As an example last I heard was about 13 (PAX East so 5 monhs ago) parts per slot of gun and without tied stat boosts.

If you are familiar with BL1 parts it was basically parts 1-5 with fixed stat modifiers to the guns. Specials not withstanding.

So in BL2 you should have a much much greater diversity, especially at the top tiers of weapons. The reloading systems and parts and... just about everything I've seen looks fantastic. Plus a ton more special attibutes!
Golden Chest Scales with you. Lucky's Relic will just be in your inventory like the Golden Guns when you begin playing.

it is a consumable and is used
That is good to hear! The items scale with your level even after you take them out?

Coalition-PezRadar

That is good to hear! The items scale with your level even after you take them out?

I think you are asking something totally unrelated to what I answered? :p

Golden Key = Key to open Golden Chest. You can get the Key in the Premiere Club. You get one key. It is one time use only and it opens the chest in Sanctuary which gives purple loot table items to your character. It can only be opened once with that key so you can use it whenever. The guns inside the chest after you open it for that one time will be scaled to your current level. They will stay at that level and not scale with you.

Salsa

I feel bad for Anthony. Everything he ever seems to say is interesting, but I find myself falling asleep as soon as he starts talking.

I liked the rev rants, once he left I pretty much stopped reading Destructoid at all. He's a cool dude and I really respect him, I know he really loved the first game and he pulled off the gig of being almost the sole writer of the super expensive balls out sequel without having any experience writing on videogames. Respek

Coalition-PezRadar

E-Tech. Stuff is nuts.

Insaniac

so excited. Kind of sad i won't be able to use all the godly weapons I looted offa crawmie anymore. Took a long time but I amassed a bundle of unique shotguns and sniper rifles of the highest caliber, and I've grown attached to em :D

You just made me even more excited for this game. Thanks in advance to you and the rest of the Gearbox team for what should be an absolute blast.

Long 24 hours ahead. Used up a vacation day for Tuesday. Can't wait to get my Gunzerking on.

Einbroch

Banned
Sorry if this has been answered before, but how does scaling work with co-op? My friend is going to play this a shitload on Tuesday, but I can't play until Wednesday.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

Golden Key = Key to open Golden Chest. You can get the Key in the Premiere Club. You get one key. It is one time use only and it opens the chest in Sanctuary which gives purple loot table items to your character. It can only be opened once with that key so you can use it whenever. The guns inside the chest after you open it for that one time will be scaled to your current level. They will stay at that level and not scale with you.
Ah my mistake then :)
That's how I thought it would work. Will see what others get first!

Been a while since I've been excited to play. Time for Maya shenanigans!

Kinda disappointed about my 660 ti Borderlands 2 code not coming with the Premiere Club bonus, but who am I to complain? I'm getting it with my 360 copy!

One more day!

Ain't gonna lie, I want to play this cause I loved the Rev Rants of Anthony Burch (and I like Maya design) So is nice to hear that the story is serviceable.

Day 1

Alex

Oh good, a big problem I had with the original Borderlands that made be a bit dull to play in a group is the fact that basically whoever got there first saw the quest text any no one else.

Man.

I just did multiplayer for the first time on BL1.

So good.

Elevated the game from decent to excellent for me.

I look forward to playing it co-op all the way through at launch.

demolitio

Anyone looking for another player to loot with online, add demolitio2 on Steam. I'm in the U.S. but tend to play at all sorts of times and I plan on being one of those guys that checks each and every corner like Adam has said since my friend and I found a lot of awesome stuff that way in Borderlands 1. So anyone else not looking to rush through it, add me and we'll kick some ass and then go on leisurely strolls through the world looking for rare treasures while I listen to Indiana Jones music in the background.

demolitio2 on Steam! Will probably play as Zer0 first since I love the stealthy type and he's a hybrid of my two favorite playstyles of BL1.

Man.

I just did multiplayer for the first time on BL1.

So good.

Elevated the game from decent to excellent for me.

I look forward to playing it co-op all the way through at launch.

I've never played Borderlands co-op and I still put it as one of my top games of 2k9. Now that we're using steamworks instead of gamespy and they fixed a few of the nagging co-op issues, I'll probably play through most of it in co-op as well.

Sooo, I could keep the preorder from Amazon UK and get it by the 25th at the earliest or switch to GMG and start shootin' 'n' lootin' on release. Thing is, Amazon is cheaper...

Decisions, decisions.

BigDug13

Does everyone in the group get to hear the story, even if the character who clicked the NPC clicks through quickly? I hope each player gets to decide their own attentiveness with the story.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Anyone looking for another player to loot with online, add demolitio2 on Steam. I'm in the U.S. but tend to play at all sorts of times and I plan on being one of those guys that checks each and every corner like Adam has said since my friend and I found a lot of awesome stuff that way in Borderlands 1. So anyone else not looking to rush through it, add me and we'll kick some ass and then go on leisurely strolls through the world looking for rare treasures while I listen to Indiana Jones music in the background.

demolitio2 on Steam! Will probably play as Zer0 first since I love the stealthy type and he's a hybrid of my two favorite playstyles of BL1.
*unchecks demolitio from the steam list*

I tend to play semi focused, so no bouts of wandering for me until later or I'm really tired.
I probably would want to try and farm some boss drops as well.
Does everyone in the group get to hear the story, even if the character who clicked the NPC clicks through quickly? I hope each player gets to decide their own attentiveness with the story.
I think everyone gets their individual radio audio.

is Lucky's relic in the chest?

Coalition-PezRadar

If a friend approaches an NPC and talks to them and takes their mission, everyone will hear the dialogue even if you are on the other side of the area. You will get it via Echo Box while that person may see the NPC and hear it or move away and have it pop to the Echo Box.

If you talk to another NPC as that one is still going on, the dialogue will stop and override with the new NPC.

I finally decided to cancel my PS3 ULCE and just take advantage of the GMG deal and bought it for my PC. Decided that it wasn't worth the $100+ and the $36 deal was too good to pass up. Just started the preload via Steam and can't wait midnight to strike! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom