• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for some advice here....

Playing BL1 right now (about 4 hours in only --- got it from PS+ for free) and didn't like it at first but I "got it" the second time I tried it and I absolutely love it now.

Should I just put it down and jump right into BL2? What Will I be missing, etc., etc....

red731

I am getting pretty ecstatic. Shame that we will get it on 21st.
If I wont receive parcel on Friday and would not be able to devote entire weekend for this I will wreak havoc
on my backlog, I guess.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™

Playing BL1 right now (about 4 hours in only --- got it from PS+ for free) and didn't like it at first but I "got it" the second time I tried it and I absolutely love it now.

Should I just put it down and jump right into BL2? What Will I be missing, etc., etc....
if you really love BL1 then yes. do it now for the pre order bonus* BL2 is basically BL1 but a shit ton better. gearbox toke BL1 and refined it for 2 years, and whats come about is a polished game with a proper story line with audio this time so you won't have to read like in the last one. and a free new class DLC*(which you have to pre order for, for it to be free.) they've got rid of 2 classes and tweaked the other two, to the point where they can be considered new classes.

BigDug13

BL2 is going to blow BL1 away. Honestly, you might as well join the co-op console game of the year while it's hot.

The "story" of BL1 can be found online...there's a funny youtube cartoon that takes you through the whole thing...it's like a 2 minute video.

Anthony Burch didn't work on that game's story but did work on this one and it's supposed to be a colossal improvement over BL1.

There is nothing you "need" to really know from BL1 to be good to go story-wise in BL2.

Bah, I don't want the bootleg launch day trailer, I want the real thing!

Hype at critical mass. Will be guzzling mountain dew and playing until 4 am. After reading about the "Tribute To A Vault Hunter" achievement and backstory, as well as simply realizing how seriously Gearbox took criticisms of the first game and tried to fix them all in this one, I can safely say I am a lifelong fan of the company. They are one of the very few developers that I will be more than happy in knowing how my money is being spent when I buy their products.

18 MORE HOURS!

So pumped for this game. I skipped the first one, but everything I've seen about this one looks incredible. Also, has there been any info about differences between the console versions?

BigDug13

So pumped for this game. I skipped the first one, but everything I've seen about this one looks incredible. Also, has there been any info about differences between the console versions?

Other than you're more likely to hear your teammates' voices on the Xbox version, no. :p

Actually, I read somewhere that someone said the PS3 version looks like the colors are ever-so-slightly more vibrant, if that's something that sways you.

U2NUMB

My opinion.. power through it tonight. Get even more pumped up for BL2.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Bah, I don't want the bootleg launch day trailer, I want the real thing!

Hype at critical mass. Will be guzzling mountain dew and playing until 4 am. After reading about the "Tribute To A Vault Hunter" achievement and backstory, as well as simply realizing how seriously Gearbox took criticisms of the first game and tried to fix them all in this one, I can safely say I am a lifelong fan of the company. They are one of the very few developers that I will be more than happy in knowing how my money is being spent when I buy their products.

18 MORE HOURS!
AHH ITS SAYS 16 ON MY SCREEN. WHOS RIGHT? LETS HOPE ITS ME!

metalshade

Ok guys,
VPN, how do you do it?
I dont want to mess anything up tonight.

Sidenote: VPN shouldnt be required for a DIGITAL release!
Sidenote 2: My dvd of avengers assemble just arrived, the wife and I havent actually seen the film yet, so looking forward to an awesome day of BL2 and superheroes!

thaOwner

What is a season pass? I've seen that word thrown around so much but still haven't been able to find a definitive meaning to it.

My copy of borderlands shipped last night from Amazon. Probably my second most played game behind fifa. Very excited as I maxed out all my characters from borderlands.

Megasoum

Banned
What is a season pass? I've seen that word thrown around so much but still haven't been able to find a definitive meaning to it.

My copy of borderlands shipped last night from Amazon. Probably my second most played game behind fifa. Very excited as I maxed out all my characters from borderlands.

You buy all the DLC at once before they come out with a rebate. So right now you can pay 30$ to get 40$ worth of DLC when they will come out. With GMG on PC people were able to get the pass for 22$... Which means you pay 22$ and you get 4 packs of campaign DLC each worth 10$ normally.

In a way, it's the same principle than game pre-orders but with DLC.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Ok guys,
VPN, how do you do it?
I dont want to mess anything up tonight.

Sidenote: VPN shouldnt be required for a DIGITAL release!
Sidenote 2: My dvd of avengers assemble just arrived, the wife and I havent actually seen the film yet, so looking forward to an awesome day of BL2 and superheroes!

I use Spotflux, close Steam, run Spotflux and then open Steam again.

JChalmers

Neo Member

It's a discounted price for all four DLC Campaign add-ons that are coming by June 2013. Guarantees them all four a discounted price rather than paying for each one individually.

If it's anything like last years version it'll be worth it especially when I got mine for £15 and they've said all four DLCs individually would be £40.

edit - damn beaten :p

I would say make one of each class and play them for a few levels, get their class skill, just so you can get a feel for them. It will make certain moments in BL2 more impactful.

Just watching the sheer diversity between the classes, this may very well be the first game I ever replay front-to-back. I'm smellin' GOTF here....just watching some vids shows how much Gearbox just wanted to blow this wide open...can't wait...

Naeblish

I'm still not sure which class to pick. I played Mordecai in the first, i liked the combination of pistol/sniper rifle, but i would also like to use the shotgun/assault rifle this time. Zero seems cool, but i don't believe melee weapons are part of the loot are they?
Dual pistols Salvador or Sniping/melee Zero, choices choices...

Raxus

I'm still not sure which class to pick. I played Mordecai in the first, i liked the combination of pistol/sniper rifle, but i would also like to use the shotgun/assault rifle aswell this time. Zero seems cool, but i don't believe melee weapons are part of the loot are they?
Dual pistols Salvador or Sniping/melee Zero, choices choices...

There are class mods that modify melee and upgrade Zer0's melee tree. He also has a decent sniping tree.

Salvador, as you can guess, is my favorite. A tree for gunplay, a tree for tanking, and a tree for tank/gunplay. Dude likes his guns. Pretty much anything but bolt action snipers work well for him depending how you spec.

triggaz

Banned
is there a gaf tag for this game. I've sparingly played the first would like to hook up with some gaffers to play this. My play time is extremely limited though.

i'm just putting this out there, if they released the original characters as DLC, with some of their original tree (Roland shotgun buffs) plus some extra individual stuff (Rolands turret being able to fly and home in on a chosen target) i would pay good monies for it.

Great collection, was hoping for an iphone background to make all your app icons look like the skill tree. Oh well. I am so stoked for tonight. Finished BL1 again with my friend last night (his first time finishing it) and then went and started up play through 2 and was still having a blast. Play through 2 is where it is at, so much better challenge and loot. Very D3 like in that regard, True Vault Hunter mode or whatever it is called in BL2 should be awesome, really look forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom