• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

But some of the effects weren't very interesting, and in general I wish more of the effects had been able to appear on different kinds of weapons.

I agree. It is probably for the best that they have absorbed the different effects into the different gun companies. It gives more room to make unique guns instead of 'gimmick' weapons like last game. Now how well it translates in the full game we will have to wait and see but I just hope Maliwan isn't going to be the primary gun of choice like it was for many last game.

Yellow/green and blue/purple with similar brightness levels can look very close since we're less sensitive to red and green. It's so easy to avoid this issue (just make one brighter/darker than the other, solved). Just seems like a big omission considering 1/10th of your userbase is likely to be colorblind.
True, the varying degrees of color should just be changed to a different color all together. I think they re just trying to stick to the standard MMO item conventions.
I can barely tell the difference between the top three. Hell, even use different font treatments or other things that aren't so reliant on color.

Yeah, they are definitely not perfect, if you were to do a quick glance than you probably wouldnt even know they are different.

VariantX

Fuck my color-blinded self...yellow/green are the same brightness and can hardly be distinguished by someone who's red/green colorblind. Why do developers always make this mistake?

Apparently I have the same problem because it screws me over in puzzle games where all the shapes are the same and the only distinguishing characteristic between the pieces are colors.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Are there any other UK sites like shopto that do release day delivery and don't charge extortionate amount for that? shopto is down for me today. :(

Gotchaye

So I'm trying to order this off of GMG and it is not taking my paypal or credit card.

What gives?

Maybe this is obvious, but I had issues when I first tried because of a script blocker blocking verisign or whatever my bank wanted to use to make sure I was me.

I think I might have thrown away my preorder receipt for BL2. Am I going to have a problem getting my preorder code to access the golden key stuff and the mechromancer?

Sponge

Banned
Maybe this is obvious, but I had issues when I first tried because of a script blocker blocking verisign or whatever my bank wanted to use to make sure I was me.

So what can I do to fix this? I've tried both mine and my mothers PC to order this and no dice.

Toby

So what can I do to fix this? I've tried both mine and my mothers PC to order this and no dice.

I had this problem as well, it took me a couple of days to get it worked out. It is a well known issue, if you go to their support center there is a post describing the error. I had to open a support ticket, which allowed some representative to reset my account. Payment went through after that (credit card worked, paypal still didn't).
Note that they tell you to check with your bank first, to make sure they aren't declining the transaction. Sometimes banks decline the transaction as it sounds like a gambling site. In my case, my bank hadn't declined any transactions.
If you can find someone that you know can purchase from GMG, your best option right now is probably to have them buy it for you and paypal them the funds.

I got the DLC Season Pass for $22.50 from GMG with that code. That's almost 50% off the total cost of all four pieces of future DLC pieced out. Is such a deal even possible on consoles?

Launch Party, make merriment whilst you can, love your families (tell your wives I say hello), and eat heartily.

For tonight.
We dine with Claptrap.

(8 hours, yo)

Double D

So, Zer0's tree. Under Bloodshed, the Grim and Followthrough skills; they start off with "Killing an enemy...". I'm assuming this can be any kill, correct? Not just Melee?

Gotchaye

So, Zer0's tree. Under Bloodshed, the Grim and Followthrough skills; they start off with "Killing an enemy...". I'm assuming this can be any kill, correct? Not just Melee?

Yeah, those are almost certainly kill skills like the ones in BL1. Although I think they last longer in this one.

Tattooth

For those that have done this in the past, are you in the clear after playing once or do you have fake your location constantly until the game releases locally?

From my experience you have to keep the VPN running, or use the steam offline mode, but I don't think you can earn achievements in that mode.

I will be trying this out very early UK time tomorrow before I go to college, but I reckon it will go very slow since everyone will be doing it.

fusionedd

Neo Member
Time to roll!

i60bICyA8ZhEu.gif

"Boom"

iVuzcTknQx6nL.gif

Deadstar

Is there a clearcut best brand of headphones with built in mic to use for borderlands 2 steam chat? I was looking at some turtle beach models but I'm not sure if they are any good. Looking for something in the $50-100 range.

jkanownik

I got the DLC Season Pass for $22.50 from GMG with that code. That's almost 50% off the total cost of all four pieces of future DLC pieced out. Is such a deal even possible on consoles?

I regularly buy Xbox Live Points for 20-25% off, so it can get close but never that good.

Is there a clearcut best brand of headphones with built in mic to use for borderlands 2 steam chat? I was looking at some turtle beach models but I'm not sure if they are any good. Looking for something in the $50-100 range.

Head down to your local Best Buy. They are now stocking SteelSeries Siberia v2 headphones for $90. They're fantastic over the ears with a retractable microphone.

Branson

The only reason I bought this last night was because of the $36 gmg deal. I don't even know if I'm excited for it. I don't have anyone to play with really. One guy, but he kind of has an opposite schedule. Shit.

I use the Sony Wireless Stereo Headset (for PS3) - it's plug and play for PC and works nicely. It's only $80 shipped on Newegg.

Baby Milo

I have no clue how i never played the first game

I downloaded it off PSN plus over the weekend and preordered this after playing it for a couple of hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom