• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Since I'll be starting with Zer0 named "The Stig" I've decided to name Axton "Jeremy" and Salvador "Richard." Thinking "May" for Maya, but not sure what to name Gaige to keep the Top Gear theme running...

Goose.

She...didn't make it
into the final product.

All I can say is that after playing BL1 solo to plat. on PS3, all the DLC and then replaying it again to playthrough 2 on PC, the co op this time around on PC rivaled all of the fun I had solo and I loved the dialog and other story elements of BL1.

The crazy action you get into with other people is just pure fun. The improvements to the story, which I really look forward to, is just going to be a bonus. Lastly, you are rewarded with better and more loot the more friends you get to join in on the action. Win win.

red731

That's why it seems weird to me; the game is bound to get great reviews.

Hand me the crowbar so I can fix your detector
KuGsj.gif

Just kidding, he was being sarcastic.

foogles

Every major release does this. Good or bad. You usually have to pay for an exclusive.

Yes it is very annoying.
Going further with this, 2K tend to do this more often than most publishers. I still remember the day GTA Vice City came out. Could not find a single review anywhere by the time that the overnighted version on PS2 showed up on my doorstep.

No regrets on that one, that's for sure.

D6AMIA6N

Auto pickup on ammo and cash?!

Seriously thank god. Been replaying BL1, and that is by far one of the most obnoxious design choices of the game.

I always like sniper rifles in shooters and I played all of my borderlands 1 hours with mordecai but his skills were kind of boring..
Maybe I will switch it up this time and go shotgun style

Double D

I played BL1 with Roland and pretty much stuck to Sniper rifles whenever I had the chance. I like sniping. I think I'll go with Zero.

Didn't someone say there was like a skill tree app thing that we could plan all this out beforehand?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I played BL1 with Roland and pretty much stuck to Sniper rifles whenever I had the chance. I like sniping. I think I'll go with Zero.

Didn't someone say there was like a skill tree app thing that we could plan all this out beforehand?

The OP has it in there. Check it out.

Derrick01

Banned
Didn't even bother looking at the colors and the weapon names, just wasn't as intuitive as just looking at whether it had green arrows pointing up or red ones pointing down.

This is true :lol

I don't think I ever found a yellowish/orange weapon that was any better than a purple one I had.

Raxus

This is true :lol

I don't think I ever found a yellowish/orange weapon that was any better than a purple one I had.

Combustion Hellfire I believe was the best orange out of the bunch. The rest were purples I believe. I remember the Vitrolic Crux, Glorious Havoc, and Double Anarchy were some of the best names as well.

Fuck my color-blinded self...yellow/green are the same brightness and can hardly be distinguished by someone who's red/green colorblind. Why do developers always make this mistake?
How is it a mistake? I can tell the difference.

I think devs should put in a colorblind mode/option so that people who have trouble seeing certain spectrums of color can play without having problems. I've noticed that more and more games now do release with that option, though I can't speak for Borderlands 2 yet.

TheExodu5

Banned
How is it a mistake? I can tell the difference.

I think devs should put in a colorblind mode/option so that people who have trouble seeing certain spectrums of color can play without having problems. I've noticed that more and more games now do release with that option, though I can't speak for Borderlands 2 yet.

Yellow/green and blue/purple with similar brightness levels can look very close since we're less sensitive to red and green. It's so easy to avoid this issue (just make one brighter/darker than the other, solved). Just seems like a big omission considering 1/10th of your userbase is likely to be colorblind.

Gotchaye

Combustion Hellfire I believe was the best orange out of the bunch. The rest were purples I believe. I remember the Vitrolic Crux, Glorious Havoc, and Double Anarchy were some of the best names as well.

Yeah, it was the unique effects that set the oranges apart. A bad orange could have stats like a green or a blue, but they all had some modifier that you couldn't get anywhere else.

So it wasn't all in the arrows. The Hellfire had a massively more powerful incendiary effect than any other gun except maybe the Volcano; if you had a good one you could spray down a whole room with one clip and then duck back while the enemies burned to death.

But some of the effects weren't very interesting, and in general I wish more of the effects had been able to appear on different kinds of weapons.

Yellow/green and blue/purple with similar brightness levels can look very close since we're less sensitive to red and green. It's so easy to avoid this issue (just make one brighter/darker than the other, solved). Just seems like a big omission considering 1/10th of your userbase is likely to be colorblind.

I can barely tell the difference between the top three. Hell, even use different font treatments or other things that aren't so reliant on color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom