• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNvid02

posted this just now on the steam group but here it is again

US release date is approx 11 hours from now, here it is for different time zones. Remember even if you are outside US you can unlock early by doing the VPN trick - see the borderlands 2 pc performance thread on gaf for more info about this.

BORDERLANDS 2 US RELEASE TIMES

EST - 12:00am
PST - 9:00pm
BST (UK) - 5:00am
GMT - 4:00am
CEST - 6:00am
CDT - 11:00pm

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
So psyched for the midnight release ... last game I went out to the store to grab a copy for was Skyrim which turned into a massive disappointment. Smiling secure in the fact that I can properly relay on 3 or 4 playthroughs of this BL2 .. at least. :D

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
post it for new page again so people know what you guys are talking about.

Warning Spoiler!

Awesome Easter Egg!

It's really not that spoilery, just plain awesome.

I am actually going to co-op this one, as I was a bit late on the first game and didn't really have anyone to co-op with.

Yes yes, I know it is better co-op. So GAF, let's do this!

Does anyone know where I can check to see if my BestBuy is doing the midnight launch? I've followed two links so far but they just take me to the borderlands product page on BB.com and I'm sure where to check from there.

It's supposedly just a random purple (or higher?) rarity gun(s) in the chest which could be farmed from anywhere else. I'm just gonna keep the keys in my inventory since that's slightly more valuable and nice to have.

Number of players only affects quantity, not quality of drops. Chests have fixed item spawn "mounts" so co-op won't affect what comes out.

Are you positive on that? I was going on what was posted in the OP

OP said:
10/09/2012: Use your golden key pre-order bonus wisely - video tip

This video says that more people give you a higher chance for better loot.

Raxus

So I think I know what class I'm going to roll with.

Also, I'm not using my key until level 50, as per recommendation.

Anything else I should know?

You're gonna need a lot of guns.

Also, don't forget badass ranks. I see people already playing the game completely ignore badass levels.

demolitio

So glad this is out at midnight. The perfect game to recoup from a shitty doctor's appointment. I'm going to go into tunnel vision tonight and play nonstop.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
So close to dat pre-load completion. I hope my party is ready to roll tonight for an hour or so (I work in the morning -_-).

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
*sigh* I have to work all day tomorrow, and won't be able to pick my copy up unil wednesday evening. Can't wait to play this!

Derrick01

Banned
weapons color rarity stayed the same as in BL1 right?

Rarety.png

I never knew there were 3 orange tiers, which is pretty stupid. There are other colors in the spectrum Gearbox!

Since I'll be starting with Zer0 named "The Stig" I've decided to name Axton "Jeremy" and Salvador "Richard." Thinking "May" for Maya, but not sure what to name Gaige to keep the Top Gear theme running...

TheExodu5

Banned
For a Sniper/Revolver build, what's the best class to go with? Zero seems like the obvious choice...but he doesn't really have any pistol specific buffs. Can't check the trees at work so I'm not quite sure what's available to me.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
For a Sniper/Pistol build, what's the best class to go with? Zero seems like the obvious choice...but he doesn't really have any pistol specific buffs. Can't check the trees at work so I'm not quite sure what's available to me.
zeros sniping tree is perfect for pistols that accuracy and/or crit boost should help pistols alot. since they had terrible recoil in 1.

Would love to know if Walmart will be releasing a 2 bundle pack including the first one or the GotY Edition for $60. So far they've done it with prototype 2, Batman Arkham City, Darksiders. And don't see why the shouldn't with this one. Thing is I've never seen them announced anywhere. Until someone walks into a store that is.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
For someone who did not played The first BL, should i play it first or i can just jump to BL2?

Start with BL2. (Story will be sooooo much better. Anthony Burch wrote it, such a funny guy)

Borderlands story was weak as hell, you won't miss a thing.

Stantron

I think I'm going to do only main campaign stuff during the first play through, then main + side stuff on second play through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom