• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

injurai

Banned
Are the pre-order bonuses worth it? Because I'm thinking about waiting to get this game later down the road based on some other purchases I've made recently.

HP don't forget your headphones tonight for less feedback lol

And I think I should host just incase it plays better with a faster connection.

Would you care? It's a better BL1 with much more to it. He may feel elated but can't put into words. Don't just assume something negative.

You have a point, I'm gonna love this game regardless. It's just more of a curiosity as giantbomb is the only gaming site I follow.

Yeah I'm in EST and I leave for work at 7:30...I was thinking of going to bed like right now and getting up at 4 or 5 to play it, but I'm sick and that would end badly. Ah, if only I could afford to take the day off. I do at least want to see how it runs, so maybe 20 minutes or so won't hurt...

Next thing you know... those minutes turn into hours.

Megasoum

Banned
Its probably bugs. I love what the Giantbomb guys do, but Jeff seems to care way too much about even the littlest bugs. He needs to play some more euro-jank to get that out of his system.

That plus the fact that's he's so incredibly jaded that he finds negative in everything he tries no matter what the game is.

Mupod

Its probably bugs. I love what the Giantbomb guys do, but Jeff seems to care way too much about even the littlest bugs. He needs to play some more euro-jank to get that out of his system.

I'm so excited.

It always kind of bothered me that people like to go around calling things BROKEN GAMES because of some weird animation glitches or whatever. like Darksiders 2 for example.

I have seen some bugs in borderlands 2 streams like enemies getting stuck (specifically the flying thing in the gamestop arena). I don't give a shit about that kind of stuff, it happens.

I guess not everybody has experienced stuff like fallout 2's car, baldur's gate 2's Jaheira romance, or The Witcher before it got any patches. Some flying mammoths in Skyrim are nothing in comparison.

That plus the fact that's he's so incredibly jaded that he finds negative in everything he tries no matter what the game is.

Reviewers shouldn't give bugs a pass if they affected their experience. Jeff even said as much in last week's podcast - that he "fucking loved that game [Borderlands]" (does that sound "incredibly jaded") but it had a myriad of issues that he couldn't ignore.

Reviewers shouldn't give bugs a pass if they affected their experience. Jeff even said as much in last week's podcast - that he "fucking loved that game [Borderlands]" (does that sound "incredibly jaded") but it had a myriad of issues that he couldn't ignore.

That's a perfectly valid point and reviewers should mention any bugs they encounter when playing a game, but there are some things I feel Jeff specifically is really sensitive to that a lot of other people aren't. Everybody is like that though, I for example can't accept texture pop in if I see it ever occur in a game there's a pretty good chance every time anybody brings that game up i will mention it.

Filth

if anyone is getting it for pc and really doesnt have anyone to play with. ill be playing with only one buddy that i know is getting it for pc. so ill always have room for two. steam name is FILTH and my avatar is uncle dolan. 5 hours bros.

wow thats some bullshit... I guess I'd be saving $23 by going through GMG and getting those bonuses... can't help but feel the GOTY version will be much more worth it.

The GOTY edition will probably retail for $59.99 whenever it comes out, but you could've got the Season Pass and Borderlands 2 (plus pre-order bonuses) for less than that on GMG.

Coconut

Banned

But say the overall experience is out shines by those glitches does it really matter that those glitches exist?

Raxus

That's a perfectly valid point and reviewers should mention any bugs they encounter when playing a game, but there are some things I feel Jeff specifically is really sensitive to that a lot of other people aren't. Everybody is like that though, I for example can't accept texture pop in if I see it ever occur in a game there's a pretty good chance every time anybody brings that game up i will mention it.

There were only two serious bugs I heard about but I would think you would have to do something really silly to trigger them.

But say the overall experience is out shined by those glitches does it really matter that those glitches exist?

It does matter, as they're worth pointing out if you're a reviewer, since it's their job to point those things out to the viewers and prospective players of the game.

But say the overall experience is out shines by those glitches does it really matter that those glitches exist?

Err sorry, what? If the glitches outshine the experience in places, yes, it does really matter. If the overall experience outshines the glitches, they're still worth mentioning. Anything that has an effect on the experience is worth mentioning.

Gotchaye

But clearly it didn't affect there experience if they had a favorable one.

But it could have been better. A game can have a bug and get a phenomenal score, but the review should still read less favorably than it would for the same game without the bug.

Raxus

Err sorry, what? If the glitches outshine the experience in places, yes, it does really matter. If the overall experience outshines the glitches, they're still worth mentioning. Anything that has an effect on the experience is worth mentioning.

093155117655.jpg

I am shocked no review sites did a separate review for this game. Poor PS3 players got an unplayable game.

wow thats some bullshit... I guess I'd be saving $23 by going through GMG and getting those bonuses... can't help but feel the GOTY version will be much more worth it.
Well, yeah. GOTY editions are always a better deal. I waited 2 years to buy Fallout: New Vegas GOTY edition (Steam sale for like $25).

All that matters is whether you feel like it will be worth it to pay full price to play it now and buy the DLC as it comes out, or buy it a year or two from now with all DLC at a discounted price.

I have started to wait on many games to get them at a cheaper price, and my gaming budget dropped quite a lot while still getting the same number of games. However, there are still games that I either want day 1, or developers I want to support by paying full price.

I waited for the GOTY edition of Borderlands 1 and it was one of the few games I regretted getting so late. Since I loved the first one so much and (most of) its DLC, I have already pre-ordered the sequel (at a great price) and I'll probably be picking up all the DLC for it too.

093155117655.jpg

I am shocked no review sites did a separate review for this game. Poor PS3 players got an unplayable game.

Exactly. Always always always mention things (bugs, UI design, whatever) that affect the overall experience. You can still adore a game and acknowledge that it has problems.

Raxus

Exactly. Always always always mention things (bugs, UI design, whatever) that affect the overall experience. You can still adore a game and acknowledge that it has problems.

I still find it funny that IGN did another review for Bayonetta for PS3 which, in comparison, looks downright oscar worthy to recent PS3 ports.

“@jeffgerstmann: Working through a Borderlands 2 review, should be up tonight. Finding it sort of difficult to articulate my feelings on the game.

Wonder what he didn't like?

I find it hard to care what he did or didn't like to be honest. He's so incredibly jaded 99 percent of the time that I can't take anything he says seriously. I'm so out of touch with what he likes. He gave Saints Row The Third GOTY. I find my opinion of games more closely matches up to the guy on youtube that reviews games for ClassicGamingReview. I think his name is Mark.

Aspiring

I thought I'd posted this already but can't find it so must not have.

I was jut wondering if anyone's amazon preorder has shipped yet or changed status?

Also I'm from Australia and I noticed they changed from sending the game to Australia to now I Oy shipping it to US addresses, I will still get my copy that I ordered in February yes?

I thought I'd posted this already but can't find it so must not have.

I was jut wondering if anyone's amazon preorder has shipped yet or changed status?

Also I'm from Australia and I noticed they changed from sending the game to Australia to now I Oy shipping it to US addresses, I will still get my copy that I ordered in February yes?

My amazon order shipped yesterday. Received the promo codes an hour ago.

Zaph

Anyone know for certain if this VPN unlock trick works?

Thinking of getting extra early to put a few hours in before work...

Coconut

Banned

If they do yes, but IF we are talking about some little thing I don't see a problem in worrying over something that in all likelihood will be patched out. Skyrim is a broken game and should be verbally flogged. Something like SR3, meh gets a pass.

Spazznid

Been trying to buy this from GMG for about 30 minutes now, not because of bad layout or glitches. Because it LOADS SO FREAKING SLOW. and it times you. I have about 10 minutes to finish my order and it takes 5 minutes for each of five steps to load.

WTF

injurai

Banned
The GOTY edition will probably retail for $59.99 whenever it comes out, but you could've got the Season Pass and Borderlands 2 (plus pre-order bonuses) for less than that on GMG.

Ya see this is why I want to pull the trigger. I've been trying to be frugal with college and textbooks and stuff. But I want this game, and if I pre-order all that stuff it will probably be more worth it to be honest... hmm.

Oh wow might shoot an email because like I said it still says not yet shipped and I ordered in February.

Most of my pre-orders from Amazon never ship until the day before. It was unusual to get the notice this early, and to get the promo codes so early as well. I wouldn't worry if I were you. It's most likely already shipped but they haven't updated your account yet. Typically I get the shipping notice the night prior despite it being shipped much earlier in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom