• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coconut

Banned
I feel so ashamed to, at certain launches make up Dr. appointments to leave work early... On the other hands I hate work and am super juiced to play BL2.

Razek

Banned
I have no idea who I am going to play as in my solo game tonight. I wonder who is going to be the best single player? I'm trying to keep this on blackout but I'm curious. I might try the ninja maybe. I don't want to play as turret man, I got shunted into that role enough in BL1 as is.

Are there any other UK sites like shopto that do release day delivery and don't charge extortionate amount for that? shopto is down for me today. :(

I think we're at the stage where you're too late to get pre-orders in outside of aforementioned ShopTo and get free delivery for release day.

CRS

Messing with Zer0's skill tree and the Cunning section has nothing going for me. I think I'm stuck between Many Must Fall and Critical Ascensi0n.

Fou-Lu

The group of people who want to play with me has risen to six. Not sure how to do this, two characters I guess? Still means having to split my time when I could be getting further!

IMACOMPUTA

crap, i forgot to unpause my download on steam :(

Im at work until 11pm (central)
I tried using the steam mobile app to resume my download but it isn't on my list of games :(

Gav47

Hmmm. This is interesting. I take it that's what you use?

Yep, headsets that offer both good speaker and microphone quality are quite expensive and I don't really talk too much when playing games so I couldn't justify spending €150+ on something that would only be used occasionally.

Here's a reveiw of the Zalman with comparisons to other headsets, skip to the end to hear them all back to back.

Ohhh, derp. Im an idiot.

image.php

Sponge

Banned
After a whole lot of trouble, I had a friend make an account (he lives in the UK) and I was able to purchase the game off of GMG.
I am so pumped.

Jasoneyu

man i can't even decide what class I want to start my first playthrough as. I am leaning towards axion because I was turrent heavy the first game but i like zer0's backstory.

I use a pair of Audio-technica AD700s with the Zalman clip on mic and it works really great. Haven't had any issues with people not being able to hear me or understand what I'm saying.

Yep, headsets that offer both good speaker and microphone quality are quite expensive and I don't really talk too much when playing games so I couldn't justify spending €150+ on something that would only be used occasionally.

Here's a reveiw of the Zalman with comparisons to other headsets, skip to the end to hear them all back to back.
Thanks a lot, guys. I've never owned a mic before, but I really like my headphones, so I don't want to get a "headset". I hardly ever have a need to talk on a mic so the price is great too.

-PXG-

The store was out of Pun'kin Ale....Had to settle for Blue Moon's pumpkin ale instead. Not bad.

I'm so fucking ready for tonight. Watchin SC and MNF with a buddy to kill the time.

Gotchaye

Is there not an ammo regeneration skill this time?

Salvador's got a few skills for that. Hopefully there's a "fill all types to capacity" button in the ammo shop for everyone else. And because there's no weapon proficiency anymore it's going to at least make more sense to tote around different kinds of weapons.

Zeth

So pumped for this release. Just played Borderlands for the first time these past few weeks and loved it. Only made it to about level 28; guess I'll check out YouTube or something and finish it myself later. No self-control, I gotta have the new hotness.

MY BODY IS READY.
BUT MY INTERNET ISN'T.

I'll be at home tomorrow while Comcast rewires my apartment, all the while knowing my copy of BL2 is being shipped to my desk at work.

Borderlands 2 really makes me wish my friends gamed on PC rather than the 360. I see myself double dipping at some point in the future, even if only for 60fps solo, super crisp max out graphics.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hey yall, I need some people to play co-op with tonight / tomorrow / forever! 360 version. Here's a comprehensive bullet point list of why you should play with me:

• I am awesome.
That pretty much sums it up. Shoot me a message on XBL if you're interested!

Mupod

Hate that this unlocks late tonight, I've got important things to do tomorrow. No all nighter for me. :(

Yeah I'm in EST and I leave for work at 7:30...I was thinking of going to bed like right now and getting up at 4 or 5 to play it, but I'm sick and that would end badly. Ah, if only I could afford to take the day off. I do at least want to see how it runs, so maybe 20 minutes or so won't hurt...

“@jeffgerstmann: Working through a Borderlands 2 review, should be up tonight. Finding it sort of difficult to articulate my feelings on the game.

Wonder what he didn't like?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
HP don't forget your headphones tonight for less feedback lol

And I think I should host just incase it plays better with a faster connection.

“@jeffgerstmann: Working through a Borderlands 2 review, should be up tonight. Finding it sort of difficult to articulate my feelings on the game.

Would you care? It's a better BL1 with much more to it. He may feel elated but can't put into words. Don't just assume something negative.

Its probably bugs. I love what the Giantbomb guys do, but Jeff seems to care way too much about even the littlest bugs. He needs to play some more euro-jank to get that out of his system.

I'm so excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom