• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aspiring

Most of my pre-orders from Amazon never ship until the day before. It was unusual to get the notice this early, and to get the promo codes so early as well. I wouldn't worry if I were you. It's most likely already shipped but they haven't updated your account yet. Typically I get the shipping notice the night prior despite it being shipped much earlier in the day.

Ok thank you very much. I am just a little worried as they changed it and now will not ship te game to australia. So yeah thank you!

theytookourjobz

Been trying to buy this from GMG for about 30 minutes now, not because of bad layout or glitches. Because it LOADS SO FREAKING SLOW. and it times you. I have about 10 minutes to finish my order and it takes 5 minutes for each of five steps to load.

WTF

Yea, they said a couple hours ago they were sorry for the slowdown but the site is getting hammered. Took me a few tries but I finally got it done. Just make sure if you use PayPal that the email address is the same as your GMG address.

jediyoshi

I find it hard to care what he did or didn't like to be honest. He's so incredibly jaded 99 percent of the time that I can't take anything he says seriously. I'm so out of touch with what he likes. He gave Saints Row The Third GOTY. I find my opinion of games more closely matches up to the guy on youtube that reviews games for ClassicGamingReview. I think his name is Mark.

Jeff 'Has only given a single game below a 3/5 this entire year, jaded 99 percent of the time' Gerstmann

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
Why not spare a point and put it in converge?

Good, Adam is here. What is up with the Mechromancer not being available for all retailers?

Mechromancer is part of the Premiere Club and the Premiere Club is available at most retailers. Some can't support codes at pickup so unfortunately those couldn't participate but places in the US like... Amazon, Steam, Best Buy, GameStop were able to take part in it.

Zaph

Mechromancer is part of the Premiere Club and the Premiere Club is available at most retailers. Some can't support codes at pickup so unfortunately those couldn't participate but places in the US like... Amazon, Steam, Best Buy, GameStop were able to take part in it.
Dude, stop posting on GAF and go press that unlock button on Steam.

We won't tell anyone. Honest.

Jeff 'Has only given a single game below a 3/5 this entire year, jaded 99 percent of the time' Gerstmann

Who the heck is talking about his score? I'm referring to the content of his reviews, previews and his appearances on Quick Looks. Relax.

I just entered my code into my 360 and it downloaded the Premiere Club token (I guess that's what it was). Anything else we need to do to ensure we get the Mechromancer for free?

-PXG-

Elated is such a great skill for Maya, but it's on the third row. Fuck that. Harmony is the worst of the three trees. Not worth progressing when Motion and Cataclysm are clearly better paths.

jediyoshi

Who the heck is talking about his score? I'm referring to the content of his reviews, previews and his appearances on Quick Looks. Relax.

I keep forgetting reviews and scores can be brought up independently of each other, I always wondered who came up with those anyway. We'll find out the mystery together someday.

what about steam version of torchlight 2 when you lose connection to online? ;P

Actually, Steam is very well behaved if it loses connection. Generally speaking (and I'm including the client here) it'll drop you out of any online games (obviously) but offline games should not be affected: no Assassin's Creed 2 style "have to quit or reconnect" shenanigans here.

And on a similar subject about the PC version (and probably old hat that's already been mentioned, but probably worth repeating. Also blatantly nicked from Reddit), options. They has 'em.

Teknoman

So are people forming preset co-op crews for tonight? I'll only be able to play for a little while myself (Steam), so I guess i'll just look at the steam group and see who is open.

Razek

Banned
Pretty much 4 hours at this point. I really need to find a way to get myself hyped up. Maybe I'll listen to the first games soundtrack on youtube our something.

mug

Anyone else buy the Season Pass from GMG? I haven't received a key for it - was wondering if it comes later when DLC is available.

Since we are on the internet this should surprise no one (unknown source, I found it on an image scraper)

igFNDvUOWFhae.jpg

I am going to do a melee build on Zero. I hope I don't get my ass handed to me!

Are there swords as well as guns?

Nope. But he does have a skill tree that really adds damage multipliers to his melee damage.

Im probably gonna play as a sniper Zero and then when Im high level, re-spec him for superb melee damage. :)

Orayn

I am going to do a melee build on Zero. I hope I don't get my ass handed to me!

Are there swords as well as guns?

Zero's melee attack is with his sword, and a good portion of his skill tree is devoted to making it more powerful.

Loot items with stats are all guns, though some guns have bayonets that grant extra melee damage and would synergize nicely with Zer0.

Actually, Steam is very well behaved if it loses connection. Generally speaking (and I'm including the client here) it'll drop you out of any online games (obviously) but offline games should not be affected: no Assassin's Creed 2 style "have to quit or reconnect" shenanigans here.

And on a similar subject about the PC version (and probably old hat that's already been mentioned, but probably worth repeating. Also blatantly nicked from Reddit), options. They has 'em.

but what if you weren't on pc. have no connection that day ;P

BurningNad

Should I be worried that I haven't gotten my GMG key yet? A friend who bought it on the same day got his and is already preloaded...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom