• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
VtQSV.png

3 hours, 48 minutes and 27 seconds until you die we loot!

BurningNad

have you just checked your account on gmg site rather than wait for email?

I literally realized to do that after I posted, and it was there. I thought it was weird cause I usually get the emails from them, there wasn't any in my spam folder either. Eh, oh well, thanks!

Rikyfree

Dunno if this has been commented on before, but does everyone realize that Zer0 only has four fingers on each hand? Is he a cyborg?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
BTW Joystiq ran a story featuring the big image of all the enemies and a cropped portion of it was visible in the blog thumbnail so if your on blackout, heads up.

EDIT: That image is amazing iNvid02 :lol

Teknoman

BTW Joystiq ran a story featuring the big image of all the enemies and a cropped portion of it was visible in the blog thumbnail so if your on blackout, heads up.

EDIT: That image is amazing iNvid02 :lol

Thanks for the heads up, staying blacked out until launch.

Gotchaye

I've never really played online games through steam except with friends. Is voice chat supported if I hook up with people through steam chat and join a game tonight, or will people need to sort out skype or mumble or something?

Raxus

I've never really played online games through steam except with friends. Is voice chat supported if I hook up with people through steam chat and join a game tonight, or will people need to sort out skype or mumble or something?

Voice is already supported by the game but many resort to other venues to talk to their friends.

Aye, voice chat should be built in.

So how do you get the premier club perks? Specifically if you bought through GMG? Is there a separate steam code or is it just inherently included with the game code?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Any ps3/360 comparisons before i pick up the game tomorrow morning? Or is it still too early?
A dev (forget who) was referenced as saying the colours look the most vivid on the PS3 version.

Outside of that, I don't think there's anything. That's potentially just some PR to make up for BL1 PS3 though.

I know some of you guys use my Mumble from back in the DayZ release days, but for those that don't know. I have an open mumble for GAF. I've set up 4 groups for people who just want to talk with their buds and no one else. I can set up more groups if necessary. Just P.M. if there are not enough rooms.

Mumble info can be found if you quote this post.

There is no password.

Like I said, this is open for GAF and friends/family. But I don't want this to be public info as we were getting ghosted in DayZ from people just sitting in the other very well known and public GAF mumble.

Raxus

So how do you get the premier club perks? Specifically if you bought through GMG? Is there a separate steam code or is it just inherently included with the game code?

It is already in the game.

Edit: if not then there will be a code as soon as the game boots up.

iNvid02

adam said something about an internal build with zero + shotgun for close quarter destruction, that plus his melee sounds like a lot of fun - zero ftw

Mikey Jr.

A dev (forget who) was referenced as saying the colours look the most vivid on the PS3 version.

Outside of that, I don't think there's anything. That's potentially just some PR to make up for BL1 PS3 though.

Only thing im worried about is load times. Fps will probably be the same, just those load times. But i figure the levels are more open now so maybe not a lot of loading zones?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I am dying to find out which class
solo'ed the end game boss.
I'm guessing Axton.

Turret out, hide like a bitch behind the shield. Though that's only from seeing
Terramorphous' first form. Maybe the next few are worse.

Gotchaye

I'm guessing Axton.

I could see that, but my money would have been on Zero. Like with Crawmerax and Lilith, having the ability to reliably create some distance and recharge gives you the ability to stay in the fight for a very long time. But I don't know anything about what the boss looks like. (is the fact that there is such a boss spoilery?)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Do we get to start off with the Gearbox guns? Does every new character we make get that privilege if that's true?
Adam said in this thread you do start off with the Gearbox guns. Not sure if that applies to characters aside from your first though. I'm guessing no.

Raxus

I'm guessing Axton.

Weird I would assume it was
either Axton with the shield spec or Salvador tank spec. Salvador being the most likely since he has the sustainability. Zero and Maya stand no chance solo it seems :(

I could see that, but my money would have been on Zero. Like with Crawmerax and Lilith, having the ability to reliably create some distance and recharge gives you the ability to stay in the fight for a very long time. But I don't know anything about what the boss looks like. (is the fact that there is such a boss spoilery?)
They showed the boss at Gearbox Community day. Zero stands 0 chance. *rimshot*

Also spoiler fail.

Ultimadrago

axtonnqrug.png

Sacrificing Longbow hurts, but those 44 missiles are too delicious to pass up!

Anyone else feel like sharing their build (for any character)?

Raxus

http://www.abload.de/img/axtonnqrug.png

Sacrificing Longbow hurts, but those 44 missiles are too delicious to pass up!

Anyone else feels like sharing their build?

Your build is actually remarkably close to my own Axton build. Axton or Maya are likely going to be my second character to level.

Here is my build. It probably will change the further I get into the badass ranks.

Mengs, how exactly does the co-op work? And will I have a shit one if I opt to not co-op?

I have maybe 30-40 friends on Live and of the 3 that are actually my friends, 0 will play this game. I never partake in the co-op aspects of any game; it just isn't my bag. I'm afraid that the very nature of this game means that it somewhat relies on the whole, 'teaming up with your best bros and having a riot of a time' thing. Is it engaging enough for a pure, unadulterated LONER approach?

Bump!

BearPawB

Banned
I am actively avoiding kill skills...i asked this like 2 weeks ago but forgot to look if people responded.

Anyone else avoiding the kill skills? I am sure they are useful in some situations, but id rather have skills that have 100% uptime

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I am actively avoiding kill skills...i asked this like 2 weeks ago but forgot to look if people responded.

Anyone else avoiding the kill skills? I am sure they are useful in some situations, but id rather have skills that have 100% uptime
I am doing the same with Axton.

Also kill skills really don't benefit you when your dealing with bosses as much, so I'm staying away pretty much in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom