• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk269

I am in california, I have the game pre-loaded and from what I am reading the game will unlock at Midnight EST. So will I be able to play at 9pm PST? I never heard of Steam doing this before, but reading some of the posts some think this is the case.

I would imagine 10-20% but we will know more as the game comes out.

Look at it this way:
1) You can always respec on the cheap
2) If you fail to kill an enemy with a melee attack your second chance will surely do it.
3) It is ungodly good for bosses
4) 500%

Alright, I'll take the 5 points off Grim and move it to Killing Blow but now I don't have any skills to improve my survivability.

Ryuuga

Banned
My Zer0
tree0hsdt.jpg

Unicorn

3 MORE HOURS FOR ME. IT'LL BE 10PM AND I'LL HAVE 2 HOURS TO PLAY.

SUPER MONDAY NIGHT COMBAT CAN ONLY DISTRACT MY HYPE FOR SO LONG.

IMACOMPUTA

Well, to answer your question, I'd say, playing alone is perfectly fine, it's just that this is a very dynamic game and the amount of craziness is a amplified ten-fold with others. It's perfectly fine by yourself it is just exponentially more fun with others.

Krappa, you got 3 to play with tonight? I'm lfg.

Chavelo

Practicing on some Mahvel for a tournament this weekend until the game unlocks... I seriously hope that I won't get too sucked in. :(

Psi

Even if it doesn't, it's free bullet damage. Turns your single target gunshots into Area Effect gunshots.

Yeah, I'll have to see how it plays. I just feel like straight bullet damage is gimped when I want to focus on elemental weapons. At least in the first game I got to the point where bullet damage was weak next to the elemental effects later in the game.

BigDug13

Yeah, I'll have to see how it plays. I just feel like straight bullet damage is gimped when I want to focus on elemental weapons. At least in the first game I got to the point where bullet damage was weak next to the elemental effects later in the game.

Yeah I think the difference will be bigger in the right way. Meaning non-elemental weapons will see a bigger boost to be more competitive with elemental weapons. So you don't have a situation like BL1 where a Hellfire was infinitely superior to any other single bullet shooting SMG. At least that's what Randy said. He didn't want another situation where elemental weapons were far superior to non-elemental.

Gotchaye

What I want to know is if bullets that ricochet can ricochet.

So what are the drawbacks to unlocking early using a VPN? Apart from maaaaaaaybe getting banned, will it mess with achievements or online play? I'm in Australia and it will unlock at 1:30PM today for me, which is much more convenient than midnight tomorrow.

Punisher

Neo Member
I'm also preloading through a vpn now because my release date was 26 october on steam lols.

I haven't read a lot about ppl being banned for this so...

Oh well I really did want to get BL2 from Greenmangaming, but that site is running.. er, crawling like nobody's business. Yeah I should have did this before tonight but I didn't think it would be this bad.... geez.

Someone get this webserver on a load balancer!!!!!

Fracas

#fuckonami
At the moment I have 2 copies of this game coming in in the next few days.
-One from a botched cancellation from the Microsoft Store. Hoping to return it
-One from a gaffer

I'm incredibly tempted to just go to Gamestop at 12:01 and get a copy tonight

StUnNeR H2K

Any 360 folks looking for an extra to group with after midnight tonight (CST)? Everyone I know won't be online until the afternoon tomorrow... Looking for a solid group and plan to play the Siren. GT: StUnNeR H2K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom