• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingotech

GMG fucking sucks, I hit check out now 10 min ago, still fucking loading. What is this site on a server from the 90s?

You've waiting till the last minute to buy a major release, and GMG is one of the only sites offerring a discount on release for the game.

So of course their site is under heavy load at the moment, generally their site is fairly good.

I'm trying my absolute best to blackout everything on this game but I need to know one thing:

Are weapons tied to specific characters again? For example, Mordecai was preferred to have revolvers, pistols, and snipers due to his skill tree.

Skill tree wise? Yes. There are skills that give beneficial effects for certain weapons which clearly make those weapons more desirable for certain builds.

GMG fucking sucks, I hit check out now 10 min ago, still fucking loading. What is this site on a server from the 90s?

You literally waited 'til the 11th hour.

lucius

I played through Borderlands twice, once with Roland on 360 and once with Lilith on PS3, both times I noticed many times I would start side quests only to see them turn from Tough/Normal into Trivial after I leveled up. If I never accepted the side quest until later would they have stayed harder or was there was no way to prevent this in the 1st game?

I wondering this for my Borderlands 2 playthrough since in Borderlands I always accepted side quests as soon as they came up,many times did not finish them until later, but by then I was too powerful for them to be much fun.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GMG was slow as fuck and timed out on me multiple times when I went to order BL2 a week or so ago.

I haven't seen a site slow to a crawl like that in a while TBH.

Protein

Banned
Pre-ordered well over a week ago with the 20% off coupon. Never received anything. Created a support ticket instantly, told them my order "failed", didn't receive a key through email/account page, and I was charged for the game.

Customer service:

Can you please confirm what issue you are having?

Best Regards,

GMG CS

I receive that reply a day after I clearly explained the problem. Now I'm going on another 24 hours waiting for them to reply to my new reply. I'd rather just get my money back and purchase through Amazon or Steam. Sadface.

Hawk269

I remember from the OCD gaming thread, a lot of Gaffers do the 'clean house' thing beforehand. It makes logical sense. Less things to distract you from your game equals more enjoyment and immersion.

Yeah, that is why I do it. If I have dishes, laundry or etc. it detracts me from fully enjoying the game. I also need to ensure my screen is super clean, no dust on my consoles/entertainment unit, no dust on my PC Tower etc. Things need to be done, but things need to be clean as well.

I played through Borderlands twice, once with Roland on 360 and once with Lilith on PS3, both times I noticed many times I would start side quests only to see them turn from Tough/Normal into Trivial after I leveled up. If I never accepted the side quest until later would they have stayed harder or was there was no way to prevent this in the 1st game?

I wondering this for my Borderlands 2 playthrough since in Borderlands I always accepted side quests as soon as they came up,many times did not finish them until later, but by then I was too powerful for them to be much fun.

Quests didn't scale with level in Borderlands 1. I don't know if they do in BL2, but I doubt it, and I like it that way. I don't want killing 5 scags to be a task for a demi-god because I chose not to do it 'til level 40 or something.

Hawk269

Check your email dude. This happened to me, but I only waited for a few minutes, opened a new window and had the email with my key. Sometimes I notice that it says it is loading, but it just gets jammed up, but the order goes through because you get your confirmation email.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I'm trying my absolute best to blackout everything on this game but I need to know one thing:

Are weapons tied to specific characters again? For example, Mordecai was preferred to have revolvers, pistols, and snipers due to his skill tree.
every one starts with the same wep.

The side quests were always at a set level. The only way to keep BL1 challenging was to skip a lot of side quests.

No idea about BL2, but I imagine it's similar.

BearPawB

Banned
@gameguypgh told me on twitter the quests were laid out much better and there was less of the "receiving low level quests" things.

lucius

Quests didn't scale with level in Borderlands 1. I don't know if they do in BL2, but I doubt it, and I like it that way. I don't want killing 5 scags to be a task for a demi-god because I chose not to do it 'til level 40 or something.

I see your point, I should probably just finish any side quests right away if I accept them in B2.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
DXOQh.gif

Fuck this, just called my Gamestop to make sure they were doing a midnight release thingy, they said I had to go to the local store in the next 20 minutes to get my "final receipt" and then take that to the bigger Gamestop like 25 minutes away on the freeway, and be there at 12. I was planning on just swinging by around 12:30 to the local one, paying, and going back home. :(

Punisher

Neo Member
Going for Zero, that effect that can stack up to 999 times sounded cool.

Also seeing weak spots of enemies is going to be pro maybe.

XeroSauce

Zer0 has an affinity for snipers (a whole tree for it), Maya and Zer0 are good with SMGs (bullet velocity) and Axton has a few skills for ARs and using "accurate" weapons. Salvador also has one skill devoted to pistols. The characters in general are better at more weapons then last time.

Hawk269

time is slowing down! nooooooo, must stop looking at clock!

My challenge is going to be to try to play the game and I have this girl I have dated twice and we have been chatting everyday after she gets home from work...and she get's home usually right around 9pm and that is when the game is going to unlock!!! lol. not sure if I will just "check it out" or try to play a little while we email...got the laptop out and ready to use for the emailing while I use the gaming rig connected to my big screen to play the game.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Well guess I'm going with Axton as my first class. Probably going survival since I gotta have that bubble shield and 2 turrets. Then I'll pair it with some of the guerrilla tree for rockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom