• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk269

I have to clean this room (stupid new game ritual lol) finish reading Gaf, get in the 'mood' with BL1 music, and make some food. I'm actually a bit overwhelmed feeling right now :/

Holy shit dude...Really? I have the same stupid ritual. On a big anticipated game, I need to ensure everything is nice and clean...it is weird, but been doing for my 30+gaming years!

Woo-Fu

Banned
Got SMG?

Jird1.jpg

Holy shit dude...Really? I have the same stupid ritual. On a big anticipated game, I need to ensure everything is nice and clean...it is weird, but been doing for my 30+gaming years!

Haha, me too. Although I do it for everything I deem important; I did it for studying all the time. Didn't really help the procrastination.

Haha, me too. Although I do it for everything I deem important; I did it for studying all the time. Didn't really help the procrastination.

Similar stuff here. Went on a run so I don't feel like shit sitting on my ass a bunch. Lunch ready for tomorrow, kitchen is spotless. Bring on BL2. So happy I don't have to stand outside of a Best Buy like a dick anymore. Did it for GTA IV and RDR, never again.

Derrick01

Banned
I got everything cleaned up and ready to go for midnight. It's strange though, I'm not really excited for it at all like I get with almost all AAA new games I know I'm about to play. Don't really know why but this is generating 0 hype for me. That may be a good thing in the end since I won't be blind to anything or overhype myself.

Maybe Darksiders 2 coming out and blowing had long term effects on my hype machine.

M.W.

I got everything cleaned up and ready to go for midnight. It's strange though, I'm not really excited for it at all like I get with almost all AAA new games I know I'm about to play. Don't really know why but this is generating 0 hype for me. That may be a good thing in the end since I won't be blind to anything or overhype myself.

I know how you feel. I finally pre ordered this today, lol. I'm kind of excited, but not super excited.

Razek

Banned
I remember from the OCD gaming thread, a lot of Gaffers do the 'clean house' thing beforehand. It makes logical sense. Less things to distract you from your game equals more enjoyment and immersion.

FedEx brought the 360 version by today, but I wasn't home to receive it. :( It's coming back tomorrow though, so I guess I'll have it on launch day.

Beepos

Wait this is unlocking for some people soon or am I just crazy. I thought the release date for US was tomorrow.. (Aussie here)

Since I'll be starting with Zer0 named "The Stig" I've decided to name Axton "Jeremy" and Salvador "Richard." Thinking "May" for Maya, but not sure what to name Gaige to keep the Top Gear theme running...

She shows up last and only for some people, so why not Ramsay? He goes on adventures with the Top Gear guys often enough.

Already have the 360 Version of this on pre-order but thinking about biting the bullet and pre-ordering the PC copy from GMG as well. Unfortunately, the site seems to be down or loading very slow at the moment :/ Do the keys go out right away at this point, so I can get it all setup and pre-loaded or do they wait til actual release?

Also, I'm assuming this will be fine with the Windows 8 Release Preview, correct? Not sure if they've mentioned anything about it on their forums or something I may have missed.

Already have the 360 Version of this on pre-order but thinking about biting the bullet and pre-ordering the PC copy from GMG as well. Unfortunately, the site seems to be down or loading very slow at the moment :/ Do the keys go out right away at this point, so I can get it all setup and pre-loaded or do they wait til actual release?

Also, I'm assuming this will be fine with the Windows 8 Release Preview, correct? Not sure if they've mentioned anything about it on their forums or something I may have missed.

I'm in the same boat, looks like I won't be double-dipping. Probably for the best, stupid hype.

Razek

Banned
I'm trying my absolute best to blackout everything on this game but I need to know one thing:

Are weapons tied to specific characters again? For example, Mordecai was preferred to have revolvers, pistols, and snipers due to his skill tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom